Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » DOUBLE DEMERITS !!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Thu, 25 December 2003 23:49 Go to next message
Take it easy on the roads guys and have a safe New Years !!!

Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Fri, 26 December 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh the dreaded double demerits...2002 jan 1 saw me get done, bang 6 points in one hit Sad had some stupid moron changen lanes every 2 metres so i decided to over take him and boom hair dryer up ahead Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Fri, 26 December 2003 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are Double Demerits?

I got tagged by a 'hair dryer' on the way home from seeing the Return of the King, but I had a fully loaded car, so I was doing the speed limit (little Lancer don't do to well with 280kg worth of people in it).
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Fri, 26 December 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically , if you get caught you loose twice the amount of license points as you normally would.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Fri, 26 December 2003 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was lucky last year 98 in an 80zone only got done 2 points instead of 6..
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have never heard of double demerits before going onto this forum. Do they have them in Victoria?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was lucky on australia day. I was running l8 4 work there was no 1 on the road, so i was going a little fast, about 140km/h on penant hill road. Copper booked me for 85 in a 70, he couldn't prove my speed but he could tell that i was speeding and that was the max(and minimum) he could get me for.

6 points, 1 hit.
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to drive like a bitch until its over because i
only have one point left Crying or Very Sad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think we have double demerits in Victoria.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, you lucky people down there dont.
which is why when I pass through albury, I'm always glad 'cause you can squeeze the throttle just a little more (although there are ALWAYS cops waiting for people like me, so you have to be careful)
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but we have 10% leeway all the time on speed cameras. thats something to be glad of Smile
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jst out of curiousity how many points would you lose if you got busted doing a burnout infront of a crowed ??
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First you'd have to find a crow interested enough in burnouts to stand there while you did it.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try macca's thornleigh, they like em around there. Then again the cops love the area as well. Just remember that u can do burnouts on private property and the cops can't book u.

Some parts of private property is considered public, eg car parks.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 December 2003 22:09]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sat, 27 December 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a load of crap
instead of slapping traffic offences on you, they slap environmental violation notices on you, which have larger fines
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sun, 28 December 2003 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Burnouts are worth a hefty $400... Environmental shit...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sun, 28 December 2003 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they really cared at all about the environment, they would stop dumping pollution into our waters, stop factories from pumping crap into the sky, stop making plastic packaging, and stop cars running on Petroleum (in favour Ethanol/Methanol). They would also cut down on the amount of farmland and plant a shitload of forests to help clean up the air. But do you see them doing that?

So it's just an excuse to fine you for something. The Government looooves it's money.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 December 2003 00:26]

speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sun, 28 December 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 28 December 2003 11:26

If they really cared at all about the environment, they would stop dumping pollution into our waters, stop factories from pumping crap into the sky

they fine companies for that too... their fines can incur gaol terms.

[.hating politics mode]
unless the government is getting healthy kickbacks
[/hating politics mode]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Sun, 28 December 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha we dont get them here in qld either.. but i drive to nsw every so often... and then i drive like a grandma, or worse!.
stupid 1 point left
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Mon, 29 December 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NSW has its stupid double demerit points
VIC has stupid cops who book you for doing 2km/h over the limit (and heavier $$ fines)

I think it would be best if we all moved over to WA or TAS... In TAS (at least up until recently) you can drive an unregistered car and if you get caught you only get like a $50 on the spot fine...

If you get busted for speeding and its not on camera ask the copper if he has the paperwork to show that his radar was calibrated for this shift and for the temperature and or humidity he is currently working in... Also ask if his radar has its RF indicator installed and functioning and ask him to show you... Most likely they won't have this information and it will make it difficult to fine you (they will probably decide to defect you for stupid stuff though)..

If you get busted and the cop has no radar deny everything... I think only a police sargeant or a highway patrol can "estimate" your speed as they have had the necessary training.

Never admit to speeding in a direct fashion... always use phrases such as "I may have been doing a little over the limit... I wasn't paying too much attention"

Always send a letter to the director of infringement processing.... they will send you some crap standard issue reply (6months later mind you)... then fill in the court application (you don't actually have to go to court... it just delays things for another few months). once you receive your court date either pay up or go to court... Gives you up to 1 year to pay!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Mon, 29 December 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I admitted to speeding to a highway patrol officer and he let me off. (not on double demerits)

85 in a 50 zone.

That was a little reality check.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Mon, 29 December 2003 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you 100% that replying your intent to go to court isn't final, and you can still pay the fine later?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Mon, 29 December 2003 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I hear Draven. You can, at any point, just pay the fine and end court proceedings.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Wed, 31 December 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 29 December 2003 11:46

I think it would be best if we all moved over to WA or TAS... In TAS (at least up until recently) you can drive an unregistered car and if you get caught you only get like a $50 on the spot fine...

If you get busted for speeding and its not on camera ask the copper if he has the paperwork to show that his radar was calibrated for this shift and for the temperature and or humidity he is currently working in... Also ask if his radar has its RF indicator installed and functioning and ask him to show you... Most likely they won't have this information and it will make it difficult to fine you (they will probably decide to defect you for stupid stuff though)..

ahahahahahaaaaaaa that's the biggest load of shit i've EVER heard!

if you get pulled up for driving an unreg'd car in WA, you get a night in the lockup and into court the very next day for a 3month sentence at the judges discretion. some people get off, others get suspended sentences, other community service. either way, you WILL pay.

and if you get smart with a cop over here about anything to do with radar and speeding in the same sentence, he'll just whip out the little pad and yellow stickers and pick your car to the shithouse. then slap you with a speeding fine on top of that, and give the sticker till midnight.

"have a nice day son"...

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Wed, 31 December 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was talking about TAS in that one dude...

WA are just a little behind the times AFAIK... you only just got photo licenses recently didn't you? and half the state still have 5 year paper ones??? and your compulsory third party is part of your license renewal fee and a lot cheaper than ours...
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERITS !! Wed, 31 December 2003 14:23 Go to previous message
hey Nim, pretty sure we have double points down here in vic too.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:places to get unique headed bolts?
Next Topic:10km/h buffer and speed camera warnings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:34:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061140060424805 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.