Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » lots of M series & supra 'bits' ...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon4.gif  lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 23 December 2003 03:39 Go to next message
not much left, but must go ASAP - will consider all offers

UPDATED

some post-build leftovers, and post-conversion bits and pieces...

General:
W58 gearbox $340
(gearbox is alloy sandwich plate, has rear most shifter position, new shifter bushes installed)
M-W58 bellhousing $80
M-W58 (225mm clutch) flywheel $40
exeedy HHD clutch and pressure plate $200 sold to '7mgte83'

MA61 supra:
jap spec foglights A1 condition $80 sold to 'FLY PSI'
jap spec indicators $20 sold to 'FLY PSI'

5ME supra:
manual ECU $40
air flow meter $30
air con compressor $30 gone to tip
power steering pump $30 gone to tip
reco alternator (3years ago) $40 sold to 'STR8 2.8'
reco starter motor (3years ago) $40
dizzy and coil sold to 'clubagreenie'
throttle body& manifold $20 gone to tip
front sump and oil pump (7mgte conversion) $40 gone to tip
fuel injector resitor pack $10

7MGE Cressida:
power steering pump $40

7MGTE Supra:
oil filter/cooler sandwich plate $25 sold to 'clubagreenie'

7MGTE Soarer:
Brand new upper and lower plastic radiator tanks

7MGE Supra
throttle body and intake Y pipe $60

all prices negotiable within reason

located in sydney, and can deliver for cost of petrol
am also happy to ship intertate at buyers expense

cheers
ed

[Updated on: Sat, 24 July 2004 11:40]

Send a private message to this user    
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 23 December 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in the W58 and associated gear. Will PM you Ed

Cheers

Dan
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 23 December 2003 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u have a PM
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 23 December 2003 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM's replied Nod
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Wed, 24 December 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you happen to have the upper half of the 7MGE inlet manifold to go with that Y pipe?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Thu, 25 December 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed - hold that air conditioner compressor and power steering pump for me ! ( did the power steering pump have leaks ? )

Also - have you got a WORKING factory radio/cassette ?

i need to see dad if he wants it ..

You dont have the rest of the system intact do you - and i so was it working ( ie the condensor core etc )
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Thu, 25 December 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarer21 - i might be able to dig up a dual plane upper manifold for you, yes... (i loaned it to a friend to measure something up - but never got it back) ill see what i can do Nod

classique71 - we did have a functioning JAP spec radio, pity it didnt work over here on our frequencies though Sad ... and no, sorry, i dont have the rest of the AC system, sold it a LONG time ago. though actually, i do have the core that came out from behind the dash.

oh, and zero leaks or problems with any of the parts

cheers
ed

[Updated on: Thu, 25 December 2003 02:56]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Thu, 25 December 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ed,

I may be interested in the Airflow meter if it has not been touched or altered Confused Part Number: 22250-43180

Also the throttle body only, no need for manifold...

If all the details fit the criteria give me a hoay!

Cheers.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Thu, 25 December 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Thu, 25 December 2003 13:51

soarer21 - i might be able to dig up a dual plane upper manifold for you, yes... (i loaned it to a friend to measure something up - but never got it back) ill see what i can do Nod

Its been sitting here waiting for you to pick it up since January Razz
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Thu, 25 December 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes glen i know Razz

hehehehe - i wasnt implying that you are a dodgy bastard keeping it from me... im just lazy and dont get down your way much at all these days...

ill check the AFM pn# in the morning Smile

it has been opened but it was done by me (and never touched beforehand) - i recorded all changes i made to it, and reset them once id done fiddling. after it being set back to stock, it ran fine for the subsequent 2 years until it came out...

ill let you know..

cheers
ed
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Fri, 26 December 2003 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't take it that way, i just assumed that you, like most MA61 owners, are lazy ass bastards. Cool
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Fri, 26 December 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for the top section of the manifold please? Dont require the Y pipe or throttle body as I am thinking of trying something with my engine
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sat, 27 December 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$10 plus postage?

that'll cover my petrol to get down to glens and pick the dang thing up Razz
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sat, 27 December 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Worries, sounds good. How you want the dollars sent? email me at soarer21@optusnet.com.au with the details and I'll send you my postal addy thanks Smile
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sat, 27 December 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Thu, 25 December 2003 22:48

yes ...

ill check the AFM pn# in the morning Smile

it has been opened but it was done by me (and never touched beforehand) - i recorded all changes i made to it, and reset them once id done fiddling. after it being set back to stock, it ran fine for the subsequent 2 years until it came out...

I'll pass on both Items Ed... Thanks anyway Smile

Cheers.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill give you $80 for the jap spec indicators and foglamps?
I can pick them up Asap.

Cheers FLY PSI
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, $80 sounds good to me Smile

i should mention that on the side of each of the indicators, there appears to be a broken platic tab/mount. i mean, i guess it was a mount, im not sure what else it could be. they certainly werent broken in the process of removing the indicators (the edges are old and rough) and they sat perfectly in the bumper. honestly im not sure what damage it is that theyve sustained, but they fit/mount/work just fine!

consider them free with the 2 perfect fog lights if you want Nod

ive just PM'd you my number.

give me a call and we'll sor things out Smile

cheers
ed

PS soarer21 - email sent Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When do you want to pick up ur manifold Rolling Eyes
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um, this week?

can you PM me your number?

cheers
ed
turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the details on the clutch? how much usage? i assume its for the w58
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutch is an exeedy HHD (2100lb) unit with heavy duty centre sprung disc and organic face. it was installed on the 28th may 2002, and has done about 17,000km. looking at it (still attached to flywheel) there is a huge amount of meat still on it (my driving style doesnt chew clutches).

new price was $615

228mm dia, suit M to W58

cheers
ed
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ed-ma61, you wouldnt happen to have any spare stock ma61 wheels lying round would you by any chance lol?. Razz
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 December 2003 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sorry Ed, I didnt get that email for some reason, perhaps a PM would be easier Smile
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 30 December 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey ed, has turbokid got back to you about that clutch?

If he doesn't want it Ill take it, any Idea how much it weighs?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 30 December 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mgte83: he hasnt gotten back to me, no. weight? um, not sure, but shiping wouldnt be more than about $11 i think

soarer21: PM sent
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Wed, 31 December 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey turbokid do you want that clutch?

Ed- I am actually coming over to NSW and Vic at the end of January to go canyoning and see some friends I can easily go via Sydney in my travels so if turbokid doesn't want it can you hold it 'till then? Or do you want to sort out frieght now?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Wed, 14 January 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump!

ps - lots of things still on hold for people.. please get back to me Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2004 06:58]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sat, 17 January 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go straight to the top of the page, do not pass go, do not collect $200...
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sat, 17 January 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed, did you end up selling that power steering pump?

do you know if they are the same ones used on a 7MGTE?
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 20 January 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could use some of that!

What parts are still available?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 20 January 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what shifter position is the w58?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Tue, 20 January 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Tue, 20 January 2004 20:03

what shifter position is the w58?

none at the moment Razz

i harvested bits off it for the box that went in. i could feasibly put any shifter lopcation you wanted onto it. what are you after ??

all things that dont have somthing curently written next to them are for sale

dingaling - i dont think the pumps are the same, sorry

cheers
ed

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 09:11]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 22 February 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go directly to the top of the page, do not pass go, do not collect $200...
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 22 February 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed, tell me about your airflow meter.

allan thinks mine has been played with, and recommends getting one that hasn't been played with....

so.... what can you tell me? Smile Smile

cheers mate Very Happy
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 22 February 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, ive opened mine, and fiddled with it, but i hated the change in throttle response, and set it back to stock (which i marked before disasembly).

'some' folks think that this means its buggered for life, and utterly useless. i disagree completely. i continued to drive it back in its stock setting for a further 2 years without any concern, be that drivability, fuel consuption etc.

imho - i reckon it performs, and is as reliable as if it were never opened. but - thats for you to decide Nod

cheers
ed
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 22 February 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i see thanks.

see i dunno if theres anything wrong with mine...

needless to say, i get shit fuel consumption... (about 350kms a tank, maybe?)

and my car does a 19 second quarter mile Confused Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

but other than that it seems okay....

does it sound airflow meter related? ill also add it used to run rich and backfire from 2nd into 3rd when driven hard, but it was timed at 10 degrees.... timing it at a correct 16 degrees and running optimax has cleared that up.

cheers mate Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 22 February 2004 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

Got any pedals ? Specifically to convert auto to manual ?

You can PM me if you wish Very Happy

Cheers

Michael B
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 22 February 2004 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sun, 22 February 2004 20:19

yes, ive opened mine, and fiddled with it, but i hated the change in throttle response, and set it back to stock (which i marked before disasembly).

'some' folks think that this means its buggered for life, and utterly useless. i disagree completely. i continued to drive it back in its stock setting for a further 2 years without any concern, be that drivability, fuel consuption etc.

imho - i reckon it performs, and is as reliable as if it were never opened. but - thats for you to decide Nod

cheers
ed

If I want a car to look stock and original (even when the hood of the car is shut), it would not be the same as having an opened up then resealed AFM (not that you altered anything).

That's my 2c worth.

Cheers.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Mon, 23 February 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 09:00

If I want a car to look stock and original (even when the hood of the car is shut), it would not be the same as having an opened up then resealed AFM (not that you altered anything).

each to his own Nod

all i can say is for those concerned about 'function' - this afm works, and works just as it did stock. anything else is for your own consideration...

ryley: im not sure whats going on there. would need to sit down and work through a whole bunch of things

michael: manual pedal box? err, no, sorry... Sad

cheers
ed
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Mon, 23 February 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 14:01

cheers
ed

Bugger Nope

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2004 04:02]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Mon, 23 February 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 14:01

ZZT231 wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 09:00

each to his own Nod

all i can say is for those concerned about 'function' - this afm works, and works just as it did stock. anything else is for your own consideration...

ryley: im not sure whats going on there. would need to sit down and work through a whole bunch of things

cheers
ed

k thanks ed and tim-

i dont mind my car not being original, i just want it perfect, so to speak. i dont mind if its got updated this and that, but it has to go like it should and look great.

where are you located ed, how much would postage be?

would i just have to bolt the new AFM in???

cheers mate Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Mon, 23 February 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, just plug the replacement AFM in and off you go...

That is what I did with my old AFM.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Mon, 23 February 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i see thanks dude Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2004 06:27]

soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Mon, 23 February 2004 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
power steering pump?? is it the same as the soarers 7MGTE one?? if it is.. ill buy
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Wed, 25 February 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soara7mgte wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 07:31

power steering pump?? is it the same as the soarers 7MGTE one?? if it is.. ill buy

to be honest, not sure
ill take a pic and let you decide... Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Fri, 27 February 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent been home lately (in a decent hour) to take a pic...
give me over the weekend Smile

bump!

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sat, 20 March 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*

Rolling Eyes
Mr.TRIM
Regular

September 2003
Hi Ed, Sun, 21 March 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you be able to check your PM.

I want to buy wright now:

- W58 Box & M-Bell
- Fog lights
- Senter console for manual (if ya got)

Call me ASAP on 0402001471
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Mon, 22 March 2004 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 23 December 2003 14:39

7MGTE Supra:
oil filter/cooler sandwich plate $25

Ed,

Can you please explain a little more ?

Also, do you have a 5M/7M-GE filter adaptor at all ? Part of fitting a separate oil filter and better oil cooler setup.

Cheers

Michael B
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lots of M series & supra 'bits' ... Sun, 28 March 2004 11:12 Go to previous message
PICS now available of all parts!!!

need to sell ASAP - offers considered!

cheers
ed

PS - michael, the oil adapter is sold - sorry. however, if you find yourself a 5m in a cressida, swipe the block mounted oil cooler outlet fitting off it, as well as the sump reture fitting. piss easy way of hooking up a low pressure cooler to the 7m Smile im using an rx7 cooler, its huge and makes a great difference
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1.5W and 0.5W UHF Handhelds. $85 and $35 - BRAND NEW
Next Topic:2TG Genie Extractors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:00:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072948932647705 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.