Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » HELP need insurance for supra...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

icon8.gif  HELP need insurance for supra... Mon, 29 December 2003 23:05 Go to next message
Hey all,
well heres how it goes, i have a oz delivered auto ma70 turbo.
I bought it a few weeks ago, had set up all the insurance on it and was just waiting for them to send me the paper work, got it all, and one thing was wrong, they only had me down for 2 traffic offensives so i changed that to what i really had, 4 (i was just being honest cos i didn't want them to find out that after i had a crash!)

i get a phone call from the company (young&cool) saying they are sending back my money order ect ect cos you have 4 traffic offensives and cant insurer you cos your under 25yr now!

F&*K!!!

i don't wanna go through just cars cos its just to $$$ in my opinion.

So who do all you other supra owners get insurance through? A name and number would be great.

thanks
geoff
  Send a private message to this user    
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Mon, 29 December 2003 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a ma70 man turbo and go through just car. I phoned about 7 or 8 others and they weren't even interested in me. As soon as I said under 25 and turbo in the same conversation it was like "see you later". Just Car quoted me $4750 for comp, so I just have 3pp for $570. Sad
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Mon, 29 December 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm i need full comp cos iv got a loan, and thats the way the bank likes it, full comp or not car Sad

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Mon, 29 December 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yeah. I managed to get a loan that didnt need me to do that. Smile

Sorry dude, cannot help you. I even used some of the contacts I have in the industry, and still couldnt get it. Just Car was the only place who even gave me a quote. Sad
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay, well after spending the last 2.5hrs on the fone, i have insurance again! yay Very Happy

im through RACV, Full Comp $1780 per yr.

still came in cheaper then just cars and i can still modify it to a point Razz

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT!!!???? How the hell did you get it so cheap. I am 22, have 1 traffic offense, and i coulndt get it anywhere near that price! Mad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just thinking the same. Man thats a good price for a lightly modified Lancer, let alone a freeking Supra!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$2400 was the cheapest I could manage... 1 accident and 1 car stolen = 2 claims. I am 21. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the answer lies here

Quote:

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeps
I've been to castlemaine (several times), and the likelihood of your car getting nicked there are pretty damn low, tho accident rate could be high (came over a rise in a 70 zone, doing 90, and the road dips sharply and comes to a T-intersection with no warning... almost went over the cliff and into farmer john's paddock)
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to go to Castlemaine regularly... After dark, the country bumpkins in their B&S utes, Kingswoods and Tooooranas tear around like nutcases in town. It's no wonder the accident rate is high. Smile

Also, as you enter and leave the town, you face billboards informing you that Castlemaine is Victoria's hotrod capital.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was too busy trying to avoid suicide peds

country people have a different idea of what a road is for than city people
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahahah county bumpkins! pfft you damn city slickers don't know what your on about.

they are putting me on rating 3, iv made no claims, had 4 traffic offensives but racv only go back to yrs, so anything after 2yrs from todays date doesnt count, so i only had one speeding fine in the lat 2 yrs.

there are hardly any B&S boys around ne more, the car scene here is growing quite quick, few 180sx's, silvas, 4 skylines one jza80 supra, one ma70 supra Very Happy and then just the usual little ricers, et's cordias ect. not bad for a small town really.

the accident rate isn't high here, but id have to agree to the peds that draven mentioned, grrr to many old citz around here that don't look before they cross!!

anyways, i have insurance again Evil or Very Mad it all lies around having claims from previous company's really and living in small country towns Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im on $1800 a year with shannons for full modified insurance with the gt4..

rating one - agreed value - just have to make sure all mods are legal ..

was about 1500 for standard compro cover ..

25 yo - 2 infringements - 1 claim
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm thats good stu, but its not a supra is it? but thanks for sharing.

it may also help that you are 25+ so that makes it a bit easier Surprised damn you!
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try famous, they are really good for imports i hear
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would of tried them, if they would answer the phone!! Probably closed for the x-mas holidays i dunno, but i tried like for an hour trying to get on to them in-between other company's but didnt get through
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe - it might not be a supra but it is a modified - and soon to be HIGHLY modified turbo 2 door car Smile

doesnt really matter if its a celica or a supra or a silvia or a GTS - they all cost about the same to insure ..

THOUGH oz spec cars are preferred over grey imports - ive found with shannons ..

First thing they asked me was it a JDM or australian " fully imported " one

same applys for your supra as it does with my Gt4 Smile

But yes - Age is the bugbear of all turbo owners
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and engine transplants really dont go down well with most companies Razz

and just as we were talking of castlemaine, I received a letter from the very sexy girl I know who lives there
*feels all special*
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Tue, 30 December 2003 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my TA22 is with just cars
costs me just short of $700 a year fully modified policy so i can pretty much do what i want.
i'm 30 and no infringements ever (touch wood)
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Wed, 31 December 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty good greg, but yeh, being old, i mean 30 Very Happy would be a great advantage. never mind though.

draven, what would that very sexy girls name be whom lives here in sunny castlemaine?
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: HELP need insurance for supra... Thu, 01 January 2004 00:32 Go to previous message
Be careful about dislosing your modifications. Your signature says that you have a few things done.

My understanding is that most mainstream underwriters won't touch much in the way of modified cars - particularly modified turbo cars. I was with the RACQ a few years back (same thing, but in QLD) and they weren't even offering cover with a 3" exhaust on my VL turbo, 2.5" was the max.

Clarify that they have all of your modifications listed - get everything in writing - or you're just wasting your money.

Also, it's good that people are slowly understanding that different suburbs have an affect on pricing. One thing that people don't seem to get is that it's claims COSTS not claims FREQUENCY.

If there are a handful of $50k cars written off in one postcode, and hundreds of minor accidents in another postcode.. the one with hundreds of accidents would be similarly priced if not cheaper!

Same goes for cars... insurers don't just look at how many claims, how powerful the car is, or what stigma is attached - they look at repair costs.

An example - in my experience the BA Falcon range is generally cheap on insurance. Why? Because most front end parts (eg headlights) commonly damaged in an accident are half the price of the same part on an AU model... which means they have low claims costs Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:reckon an inch will be enough?
Next Topic:1uzfe stats.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 04:49:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070939064025879 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.