Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
i286
Occasional Poster

January 2004
icon12.gif  AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 10:37 Go to next message
Well i know that the Sprinters wheels are 13x5 inches. I should be getting one by March, and im doing some planning now, say i want to upgrade the wheels to bigger width and height but keep it legal for when i get pulled over i can grin to the cops Smile

Vicroads, Section 8:
Quote:

The width of any replacement rim must not be: more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series;

And as i understand there is no law against the height of the wheel, but max either way i want to go is 15/16", so my question is, is the 13x5 the only wheel for the Sprinter, or was there wider ones.
In case there was wider wheels, can you please reply, also reply what wheel width you can fit in there without any scrubbing, i will be getting 6" width minimum either way.

Also if possible does anyone know the stock tire size for the 13" stockies.

Thanks, and there is plenty more questions coming Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 04 January 2004 11:14]

Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: AE86 Rims Sun, 04 January 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got 15x6.5s all round no scrubbing what so ever.
i286
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: AE86 Rims Sun, 04 January 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, btw what is the stock tire size :/ i cant find anything about it on google so far, as im finding the right tires as well, and wish to maintain close to original diameter.

This page is cool for working it all out (When you have original tire size)
Miata Tire Size Calculator

Sweet Cool

[Updated on: Sun, 04 January 2004 10:58]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AE86 Rims Sun, 04 January 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure there is a law stating that you can't go and change the diametre more than 1 inch from teh largest specified for the vehicle
i286
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: AE86 Rims Sun, 04 January 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actualy yeah i heard about that as well, no problem tho, there must be a Sprinter that came with stock 14" wheels then, plenty of 15" rims i see around Very Happy hehe
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car (JDM Trueno) comes with 14" stock

never run anything larger than 15" on an ae86

ill be runnin 14x7 fronts
and 14x 7.5 rears soon
i286
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aah sweet, so 14" did come stock Wink or optional by manufacturer. In that case it is all settled, except if someone could please still provide the stock tire dimensions of the 13x5 wheel, greatly appreciated help, and speed responses, been watching this forum for a while, but finally decided to sign up to it today.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only stock in japan though

no options on wheels for aus sprinters

but i think its up to 2 inches larger anyhow

and what cop is gunna pull you up for 15" wheels anyhow??

unless you have 16" wheels on an ae86.. then you deserve it
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Standard aus spec tyres were 185x75x13

Thats what i have at the moment and thats what it says on the tyre placard.

Hope it helps
i286
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool thanks for the information guys, ill have to agree about 16" overkill, but its a remote possibility. id much prefer to go wider in width, say 15x6.5 or 15x7
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use 17x8s on mine, so they DO fit no worries Very Happy However, I got another tyre placard from an engineer, who took on the 14x6 wheels (jap ae86), and told me I can go to whatever diameter I like, so long as the outside diameter of the tyre is within 10% (or something similiar!), but the wheel isn't supposed to be more than 1" wider than original, so my tyre placard says 17x7. Maybe this is some help? Shocked
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check wheel offsets aswell before purchasing, a major factor in scrubbing on guards. I fitted 15s instead of 14s on my corolla and scrubs on guards when taking hard corners or more than 2 people in car, mainly due to the tyre sitting further outwards, the result of differing offsets. Check this webpage for definition- http://wheeltool.com/info/offset.html
The stock had a greater negative offset than the ones I bought.

Steering becomes heavier on the front as the scrub radius increases, usually a result of using a greater positive offset wheel (depeding on position of King Pin etc). You guys might know all this shit - sorry to bore you
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AE86 Rims and tires Sun, 04 January 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swap negative with positive for each reference to offsets in last post - what a dumb c---. too late for this
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 Rims and tires Mon, 05 January 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe a 2 inch increase in diameter is allowable, and 1 inch width.
i have 14x7's and they scrape heaps.. i guess it just depends on how low you want the car to be.
i286
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: AE86 Rims and tires Mon, 05 January 2004 12:58 Go to previous message
Yeah i know about offsets and how it works, not sure on AE86's offseet atm, but ill chase it up soonish. Car will be preety low, but im trying for the sleeper effect on the outside... everything else will be changed at some point in time.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:jackstand position
Next Topic:4ac question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 02:22:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055420398712158 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.