Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Building Ct12a that won't fall apart

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sat, 03 January 2004 07:39 Go to next message
Okay , can anyone tell me what steel exhaust wheels you can put into ct12a turbos and also any compressor upgrade. Do I have to buy these new or will 2nd hand stuff do??? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to go big single because I like the twins and I want to see what can be done with them in the real world(Not ZOOM DONNON world Razz )LOL
Rich
  Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sat, 03 January 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rich,

One of the guys in the Soarer club is putting together a twin turbo replacement kit for the 1JZ. It will be suited to the Soarer but I can see no reason why it wouldn't fit the Supra too.
It will consist of a pair of CT12A housings, high flowed, re-cored with Garrett ball bearing cores, and have steel wheels installed.
His website is http://www.rushimports.com.au/ and I will be testing the first set once they are available.
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sat, 03 January 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that. However, I see no reason to go to this extrem, I just want steel exh. wheels and maybe a compressor upgrade. I don't think the ct12's need BB cores as they spool up quickly anyway. The Rush stuff sounds good but I have a feeling that it will be rather expensive. I really just wanted to know what exh. wheels are able to be fitted and what they are out of and the same for comp. wheels. Anyone ????????
Rich
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sat, 03 January 2004 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once you ditch the ceramic wheels for steel wheels, they wont spool up as quickly, so you'll find the BB core is quite helpful.

in all honesty since the stockies can push 250rwkw (semi)reliably, and 200rwkw all day every day, if you want more than that you should probably be considering a/m turbos (and injectors, computer, etc)
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
icon5.gif  Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sat, 03 January 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well who has 250rwkw from their ct12a's(and don't say Donnon). I have been waiting for someone to post with a genuine power figure after all the usual mods and the twin dump pipes that apparently make it overboost, but nobody is posting figures and I have to admit 250rwkw sounds optimistic. I have everything inc. Haltech to go this far but I think the turbines need to be steel if I want it to last more than a week! I already have one buggered turbo from fmic, 3"exh. and 14psi, hence I NEED to know what steel turbines I can put into the replacements, so, back to the original question, does anybody know???????? Rolling Eyes
Rich
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you making with your setup?
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger all at the moment as the rear turbo is dead!!! I have got a couple more and I'm going to put one on and be sedate until I can get the steel wheels and compressors done. Then, I'm going to bolt on the twin dumps and wind it up! I never got around to getting it on the dyno before the turbo expired. It went very well but I don't think much more than about 200-210 at the wheels if I was lucky.
The Rush stuff sounds great but I reckon he'll be wanting 2k plus and my old turbo's in exchange for his, so I want to do my own, so can you help with what turbines and compressors I will need??
Rich
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not that I am any guru on turbo's, but could you use the 2jz compressor housingsand wheels to give you better flow at higher revs, thus more power???
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2jz has different turbos - I'm reasonably sure nothing is interchangeable between 1jz and 2jz turbos
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get 2x ct9's for it, cheap as hell and steel exhaust wheels, and bigeer compressors,

Dale
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra1jz

You don't seem to be getting much response. I think that I am correct in stating that the USA 1J's had steel turbine wheels. If you have a friendly Toyota spares bloke he might like to help. Otherwise have a look at one of the US Supra web sites and ask the question.

Craig
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dale, will 2 ct9's bolt onto the ct12 exh. manifolds??? Do you know anyone who has done this as I'd like to know if the spool up time is any different and whether they are getting more power than the ct12a set up? I really don't want to put ceramic ct12's back on the motor but I don't want to lose the drivability either.
Rich
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they will bolt on, i have a ct12 on the misses starlet with is suppose to have a ct9 on it,

the exhaust housing on the ct9 is slightly smaller than the ct12 but the comp on the ct9 is larger than the 12,

i have a ct9 with a stuffed comp whell you can have it to see if they will fit if you want,
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ddeane wrote on Mon, 05 January 2004 08:20

I think that I am correct in stating that the USA 1J's had steel turbine wheels. If you have a friendly Toyota spares bloke he might like to help. Otherwise have a look at one of the US Supra web sites and ask the question.

There's no such thing as a "USA 1J"; the 1JZ is a JDM-only engine. You're thinking of the 2JZ, and the US-spec version did have steel exhaust wheels. 2JZ turbos won't fit on a 1JZ though (well, not easily).
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Sun, 04 January 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dale you have pm.
Rich
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Mon, 05 January 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to know how u go with the steel starlet wheel
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Mon, 05 January 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A guy on the forums has already done it and I've sent him a pm but he obviously hasn't been back on the forums yet. Put it this way it can't be any worse than blowing up ct12's all the time and I want it for piece of mind as much as any extra power.
Anyway I'll get it done and dynoed and let you know how it goes but you'll have to give me about a month. I'm still waiting for someone to post a dyno figure with the twin dumps no their car! Wastegate????
Rich
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: Building Ct12a that won't fall apart Tue, 06 January 2004 03:35 Go to previous message
*BUMP*
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Power Window Motor & Regulator for 94 Sprinter
Next Topic:location of ga70 ecu
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 21:44:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054099559783936 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.