Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Aussie Aussie Aussie Mon, 05 January 2004 21:33 Go to next message

Can Australia Do it[ 14 vote(s) ]
1.No chance 6 / 43%
2.Hmmm Maybe 4 / 29%
3.Hell Yeah 4 / 29%

Can we pull it together and win the match?

[Updated on: Mon, 05 January 2004 21:35]

Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Mon, 05 January 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i think the indians have it this time..

pretty good effort at 7 for 705 or something....

Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Mon, 05 January 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes! Admittedly it's a 5th day wicket but it's still not too bad. And the required run rate is only about .5 runs an over higher than our AVERAGE run rate in tests. So YES! If our batters pull it together most definitely.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Mon, 05 January 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just about to make a poll about the same thing.

There are only two teams in the world that could do it at the moment - Australia and India. The only difference is that you would back Australia doing it in a day - India would need a 4 or so sessions.

7/705 is impressive - just a shame it was scored against a popgun attack that included hacks like Bracken and Macgill. How stiffed is Bichel? Lee over-rated.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Mon, 05 January 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lee is very expensive, but he got jipped twice. I think I would be screaming if someone dropped two of my catches like happened to him.

It's not the attack of Australia that has been really bad, it's the fielding which is so unusual for us. It has just been abyismal. Read in the paper today that we have dropped 15 catches! How bad is that! We are usually doing really bad if we drop 2!

EDIT: I cannot believe they chose Bracken instead of Williams. Bracken has nothing. Absolutely nothing.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 January 2004 22:47]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Mon, 05 January 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as the top order batsmen don't pat at the ball for too long in this mornings session, and the indians don't bowl 3 bouncers an over, I think Australia are a chance. as long as they play in a 1 Dayer frame of mind without taking the risks.
And Steve cracks a tonne Very Happy

At the moment its a media's dream setup for steves last bat.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Mon, 05 January 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. How good would it be if he scored the century that brought us home. Very Happy Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Tue, 06 January 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the voice of "Bill Lawry"

"Warney Warney Warney"
"I love him, get him up here, i wanna boof him"

We need Warney and McGrath back in, and piss off langer and martyn too. They are too up and down.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Tue, 06 January 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was there yesterday, a good days play.

pitch is farrrrrked and its plenty overcast which is conducive to alot of swing, when that ball gets old reverse swing will start to play a big factor.

From my viewing yesterday the bounce was erractic at times with balls from kumble out bouncing half trackers from lee.

Australia started playing negative cricket, macgill didnt bowl a single over from over the stumps and negated any chance of LBW.

Lee was unlucky twice granted, but i felt more sorry for him because sehwag was 'batting' like a tool. He wasn't moving his feet at all (thus the edges) and every boundary was a slog, hell one pull shot came back over Lee's head almost.

Lee bowled some awesome balls but was outdone by better batsmen ont he day. When the crowd chanted as he was preparing for the ball after the dropped catch was wild Very Happy

Anyways, worn 5th day sydney wicket on an overcast day = spinners dream. lots of turn, erractic bounce and swing for the pacemen.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Tue, 06 January 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True. It looks as though it's going to be a draw now. Australia are 2/165 with another 48 overs to be bowled. We have a run rate of 3.59 so it looks as though we have given up on the win are are going for the draw now. Sad
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Tue, 06 January 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wo wo wo what is he good for Very Happy
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Tue, 06 January 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lee is overrated...he's had his time. True he's been jipped but he's way to expensive....and extras, my god does he like to bowl no balls...1 over yesterday was a 9 ball over which had 11 runs scored off it...the last 2 balls being hit for consecutive 4's. He's just too loose atm (i stopped counting at 14 no balls)

Macgill is a tosser...cant field, cant bat, cant bowl....cant wait till they bring back warney

Today is do-able for the aussies atm they've got 270 odd runs to get in 50 overs....its possible provided they keep their wickets & with a suspect pitch it may be hard...but at least they should be albe to bat it out and get a draw which is the likely option

[Updated on: Tue, 06 January 2004 03:57]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Tue, 06 January 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh the last 10 overs are going to rock esp if its gillie and waugh at the crease Cool
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Tue, 06 January 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit...waugh out for 80...would have been nice to see him make 100 last innings
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Wed, 07 January 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u missed one option in the post
"who gives a flying fuck"
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Wed, 07 January 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philmelvin wrote on Wed, 07 January 2004 16:11

u missed one option in the post
"who gives a flying fuck"

Ooooh, someone don't like Cricket
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Wed, 07 January 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that i dont like it, i just hate it

"whoa dude, did u just see that blade of grass grow, whooooooaaaaaaa"
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Fri, 09 January 2004 06:13 Go to previous message
philmelvin wrote on Wed, 07 January 2004 20:58

not that i dont like it, i just hate it

"whoa dude, did u just see that blade of grass grow, whooooooaaaaaaa"

hahaha !! Laughing