Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Tue, 06 January 2004 12:21 Go to next message
ok, Mum finally disposed of the Landy and we now need some form of cheaper to run family car.

She would he happy with a Camry or perhaps Magna wagon, but I thought a diesel Caldina would at least be a little more origional or cool.

Wagonist here suggested a Liberty, though at this price they still have quite a few ks on them I have found.

what say you all?
  Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Tue, 06 January 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if ur after a camry i got one, its 5 speed, if u interested PM me, 87 model btw
SXer
Regular

May 2002
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Wed, 07 January 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could pick up a relatively recent magna/camry wagon from the auctions for that kind of money. Manuals are a little rare there but then again - they're a little rare everywhere.
It took us 4 months of looking to find a manual magna wagon we were happy with.

As an aside - I don't think that Mitsu make a manual magna wagon anymore. I believe they stopped when they began production of the second latest model.

good luck...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Wed, 07 January 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my oldies got a 2000 subura forester for 28k its a machine.
i've driven the 4cyl camrys (99/2000) they went hard and the flash ones had power windows/mirrors.

youd get them for well below 16 i reckon
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Wed, 07 January 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems the subaru wagons are a bit expensive for the ks and stuff..

for 16k you end up getting one with lots of ks it seems

magnas and camrys seem the better option so far. *eek* I hate looking at things I am not familiar with Smile
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Fri, 09 January 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call me crazy, but i love the volvo 240 wagons. for several reasons:

* they're built tough
* they go forever
* the seats are fecking comfortable
* they have a TINY turning circle for cars of their size
* they drive the correct pair of wheels
* they are a drift machine (no, i'm not kidding!)
* they will happily cruise up the highway at 150+ km/h
* the cargo space is REALLY FECKING HUGE if you fold down the seats
* if you get the dickie seat you can seat 7 people
* they're cheap and easy to get bits for
* there were turbocharged (and some intercooled) models
* they're 200-300kg LIGHTER than equivalent-sized holden/ford/etc

i dare you to find all that in a camry or subaru for under $16k:P i know, i own a 240 wagon myself. bought it with the purposes of shipping around corolla parts, highway trips, and being a daily driver. its great at all three

j.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 05:23]

Rotorise Me
Regular

June 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Fri, 09 January 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try and get a stagea Surprised

man they are awsome cars !!!
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Fri, 09 January 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are. i like them (the awd turbo stagea, think its called stagea 260rs?) more than any model of gt-r

j.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 07:58]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Fri, 09 January 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for 16k you could get a slightly older subaru and get the liberty RS (89-93 i think), AWD and turbo (EJ20T), i believe they were only available in manual aswell.
Rotorise Me
Regular

June 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Fri, 09 January 2004 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first pick would be a stagea

second id probably go an rs turbo wagon

otherwise of the wagon variety you may have to convert to the darkside (6 cyclinders Shocked) and get a worked commondore

look on import sites, they often have quirky japanese cars, of the wagon variety.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Sat, 10 January 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stagea hmm..

well it HAS to be reliable, number one, and number two, be cheapish to maintain, and number three have a bit of room.

Those are me mums pre-req's. Personally, if we can sneak in a little performance at the same time that would rock! Smile
Wind86
Regular

September 2003
Re: Manual Wagon urgently budget < 16k - recommendations? got one? Sun, 11 January 2004 04:56 Go to previous message
My friend's got a Mazda 626 wagon ... 1990 model ran around
120 XXX km I think ......Its the 7 seat model with power everything ......... Its auto but I think he just want $5400 ono ..... pm me if u think its a bargain

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:*WRECKING*: 1982 RA60 Celica
Next Topic:can anyone help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:01:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047080516815186 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.