Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Matt's 20v Blacktop 6 S/P Updated New Pic's..!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop GOT NEW MAG'S Sun, 04 January 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also took of the mud gurads car looks out of proportion now but that will all be good once its lowerd think i am gonna use king springs i think it will be worth it. Any one eles use them are they really that hard of a ride for an everyday car???
  Send a private message to this user    
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Tue, 06 January 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the king springs i've experienced in 2 of my mates cars are very bouncy..especially front end.. i have pedders sports ryder springs in my car .. much smoother

all 3 cars are runnin standard shocks
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Thu, 08 January 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i gotta get new struts to..does you car still grip the road as good as the king springs or are they lot better ???? i would like to eliminate most of my body roll and the whole grip issue i but i need it to be a bit comfi cause out here there all really shit roads...
thanks for the help any other comments greatly appriciated.
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Thu, 08 January 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man my car handles pretty dam good.. altho the rear shocks are nearing the end of there life so yeah.. it will be even better wen i get new shocks.. but hey...i managed to shake off a s2000 through some twisty so it must handle alright Very Happy
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Sun, 11 January 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See i dont no maby it was bouncy cause they kept the original shocks in there to toyota's are very bouncy. i will be getting everything brand new i think i still like the sound of king springs i dont no what shocks they use but.Have you ever been in An sw20 mr2 cause i drive that around to some times and they have stuff suspension but i dont find it that bad.???
cheers matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Wed, 14 January 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Today did some research again and thought about king springs he was gonna offer me koni adjustable shocks with king springs for 1450 but i think i have chosen with pedders springs with there variable ride unit shocks hopefully this will handle well yet still ride nice.
also alarm and air-con get done as well.

cheers for now ill posts pics once its finished
matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Thu, 22 January 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i thought i was gonna get that suspension but still don't no?
any way alarm/3 point immobilizer got put in today its so cool no more key to open door:). plus air con is now working and just in the nick of time i swears it feels like its 50 degrees in the car Sad but now im cruising nice and cool.
the guy "jim" from slide show is coming up soon to have a look at my car and fix the problems that i have hopefully god forbid hey can fix it all up sweet i so cant wait and way cheers all
matt.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Thu, 22 January 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
side show... Razz

Good bloke, recommend his work.
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Sun, 01 February 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm well finally got mu suspension ordered king springs with koni external adjustable. also air con works hehe plus now twin piston calipers on with dba slotted rotors nice and shiny..once Jim had a look at my car was puzzled why it had the flat spot but we think it might of been the VVT getting stuck so now i am in the middle of testing with VVT on and off its such a dog with it off:(
ill put the pics up soon
cheers matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop pics of my NEW MAG'S (do we like??) Wed, 10 March 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i went all out this weekend and installed my dash and a new cd player. Yes i finally got a Sx dash so happy just got to get the oil pressure sender for the oil one to work any one got one of them??? that works.
Also got an New alpine head deck but got to wait till i get it back from the panel beaters to take a photo of that for you. Its pretty nice. and my car is in the panel shop cause of hail damage...not happy i had it at the exhaust shop and they left it in the hail the fu%*ers
cheers matt
pic underneath now

[Updated on: Mon, 22 March 2004 06:07]

Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pics Of Dash:) Mon, 22 March 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well this is the dash with everything in one piece clock wound back to 90000 to suit the engine now didn't like the speedo saying 167000 when the cars only done 89700. also put in my new alpine cd player which is pretty good really am happy with the head deck put a pic up later also while it was being fixed for the hail damaged got the door handles painted and the door frame got painted black again.
cheers all
http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-stIh.jpg
my new painted door handles
http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-ZS1K.jpg
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pics Of Dash:) Mon, 29 March 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well everyone the car is lowered and looks a hell of a lot better but still need to get a new rear sway bar (anyone can vouch for these are they worth it)
My new project cause i got nothing else to do is now changing the interior colour have done the boot its going from the shit two tone blue and weird colour Grey with the groves that collect dirt and make it go even more crap to a nice shiny black like in the SW20 MR2's and AE111 corolla's this will suit the steering wheel:)
Well will put up pics soon cause i have only just done the boot so yeah cheers all.
matty
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop NEW Dash Now Changing Interior colour Mon, 29 March 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car looks awesome, thats one smooth dash too. I also like the improvement in picture quality Very Happy Pictures do the car justice now.
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop NEW Dash Now Changing Interior colour Tue, 30 March 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps yeah the pics are heaps better with the new camera Smile cheers
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop NEW Dash Now Changing Interior colour Fri, 23 April 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well here we go this is the car lowerd halfway through changing the intreior all boot and left hand side done. i am very happy with the way the car looks but not happy with pedders i wish i went with kings and konis very fucking pissed about the stupied mistake kicking my self really it just didnt do what i expected it to do the ppl reckon it would be total different to drive but i just have found i cant take corners as hard cause one side when it bounces it fucking scrubs a bit and it sounds bad but its not doing any damage thank god. but yeah well thats my bitch for the moment cheers all i will post a pic of the cd player and interior soon cheers

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-wfUZ.jpg
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop NEW Dash Now Changing Interior colour Sat, 24 April 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crikeys well of course its going to rub. I used pedders in my old rolla which was way more decked and sat on 17inch wheels. The cure for the problem, lip & roll your guards dude. everything should be ok.
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop NEW Dash Now Changing Interior colour Sat, 24 April 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
left rear rubbing?

Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop NEW Dash Now Changing Interior colour Wed, 28 April 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its no that it needs to be rolled the other side is fine for some stupied reason it sits a little lower on the drivers side. but i found out it was like a little screw that holds the shroud in that was hitting on the tyre not that it was damaging it but yeah it made a bad sound. but yeah and it was the front left.
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop NEW Dash Now Changing Interior colour Wed, 05 May 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i am happy with the suspension i found it was a screw rubbing on the wheel when every you hit a mad bump so after i took that out haven't heard it scrub yet getting a rear sway bar mad up brought it for $184 is that good price.. i thought not to bad i guess hope this will help with the handling of the car:)

Also has anyone else spray painted the inside of the e.g change the dash if you have did you manage to put a clear coat of some sort over it to make it so it wont get scratched ???
any ideas would be appreciated
cheers matt

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2004 06:19]

Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop Now Changing Interior colour NEED HELP!! Sat, 29 May 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well rear sway bar on and shit dose it make a diffrence very please with the handleing for now i think its a lot better then standard since i have started working two jobs and tafe i havent had time to even finish painting the inside of the car so now its half black half grey which is not that bad but hopefully i can get it done soon.
cheers matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop Mon, 17 January 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well just to update this thread. I have since put in a new tom's lightened Fly Wheel which i think has made an improvement on the take off but today also brought TRD spark Plugs leads so waiting for them to be shipped here cause my leads now seem to be leaking. Still haven't finished the painting one day i will. But i have been on a few cruises now which i think are pretty good. Also no go with the aftermarket ECU didn't see a real point so yeah.
cheers Matt
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With Tom's & TRD Enhancements Sun, 23 January 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love your car!
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With Tom's & TRD Enhancements Thu, 03 February 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New TRD spark plugs leads ordered so hopfully in buy end of week early next week..Smile
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With Tom's & TRD Enhancements Tue, 08 February 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEW LEADS IN... they look heaps good in there i have colour in the engine Smile ill post new pic's soon
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With Tom's & TRD Enhancements Tue, 08 February 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matty get a silvertop, much better Embarassed
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With Tom's & TRD Enhancements Wed, 09 February 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I will be Right HAHAHA

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-SV8G.jpg

Bit of colour in the engine looks good.

Cheers Matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With Tom's & TRD Enhancements Tue, 29 March 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all Looking for som new seats anyone got any forsale e.g WRX seats???
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Wed, 11 May 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Everyone. That’s Right as of this morning I am the new proud owner of a 20v Blacktop with a 6 Speed.

This is now the finale major part to this project I have wanted this since day one and am so excited. Can’t wait for this to be in and running Smile So cool….

Cheer all.

P.s I have a 5 speed gear box for sale hahahaha
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Wed, 11 May 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice buy, is it an lsd box?
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Thu, 12 May 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure but i dont think so. be sweet if it was haha

Cheers
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Sat, 25 June 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the Dyno Run from MRC.
This is before I start to do some serious work to the engine.
Hopefully will get a bit of an improvement. As I am not really happy with this figure but anyway.

And its 109.6HP

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-IPG1.jpg
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Sat, 25 June 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81kw WOOT BLACK TOP WOOT... man that is just rong dude... It should get more then that.. :Plol
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Sat, 25 June 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i no man i still got issues with it, it just aint running right (electical problems) got a guy looking at ot on monday

Its pretty sad hey. Sad

NB Also the six speed isnt in at this time either but still,

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 07:03]

Taku
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Sat, 25 June 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice AE92, what are you planning for it?
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Sat, 25 June 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a few things Rolling Eyes But nothing to big just enough to make a diffrence Very Happy
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop Now With 6 Speed!!!!!! Mon, 17 October 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Been a while since i have updated this.

So here it goes

Have been a bit worried that the engine was useing a little to much oil. So that was the excuse to rebuild it.
So getting a mild port and polish and cams getting some work done to them.
Also found the reason why it was using oil the oil ring was stuck on the pistion and wasnt moving at all so all new rings and also got new bearings as well since it was all open.

New rear main seal and The 6 speed is now ready to go in.

Also rocker cover and intake all being resprayed in black... Just make it look nice and new again and will also try to get some of the pipes in there nice and shiney as well.

here are some pics.

http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/1_Start_Of_Day.JPG
i Still love the red leads
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/2_A_bit_of_Colour.JPG
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/4_Exhaust_off.JPG
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/5_Rocker_Cover_Off.JPG
Mmmmm 20Valve's so cool:)
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/7_mmm_20valve.JPG
Tom's
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/9_TOMS.JPG
All Dirty
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/dirty.JPG
All Clean
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/All_Done.JPG
I still think my sticker is better then the silver tops Smile
http://www.filefarmer.com/Matt20v/20v/four_Throttle.JPG
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop 6 S/P Updated..!!!!!! Mon, 17 October 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also have new TRD platnium Spark Plugs now Smile
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's 20v Blacktop 6 S/P Updated New Pic's..!!!!!! Sun, 13 November 2005 09:25 Go to previous message
Just to Updated

Engine has been put all back together and so far seems really good.
6 Speed in and running well feels smooth gearing is definitely different but i haven’t been able to rev it out yet as still running the engine in.

As all the bearings and rings and things all now brand new so taking it easy for a while just to be on the safe side. so nothing or 3000RPM Sad.

One thing for anyone who is doing the 6 speed gearbox swap if you can get the gear cables for the 6 speed get them cause one of the 5 speed ones is about 2cm to short so we had to make and extension.

Have pics for all the things that need to be changed if anyone needs them.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:She's comin up trump!
Next Topic:Adam_Rolla's SX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 21:39:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095629692077637 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.