Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 08:11 Go to next message
Now i really want a 2 seater. i hate joy riders and people who go "hey can we drop by.. to pick up.."

Now with the stock AW11 what are its limits?
Can i have alittle fun without lsd? (eg do donuts and have fun at the skid pan?)

Im really looking at getting one soon maybe even tommorow. How is the comfort level and high speed driving eg highway handling compared to 4wds like wrxs are they more twitchier?
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i've had mine since early 1995, so i am a bit biased so THEY ROCK!!!! Very Happy

yeah, mine was a stock 4age w/out LSD for the first 4 years of ownership. you can still do good donuts etc. if you want. though they arent really made for it, they do whip around really fast.. Evil or Very Mad
the aw11 really shines in corners, they do handle different to FR type cars. if you not careful they will spin around and bite you on the arse. Shocked

on the highway it depends on your suspension set-up, standard isnt too bad. i like it a little stiff, at the moment i have lowered kings springs with gabriel front shocks and adjustable rear shocks (not sure of name, came from a 1/2 cut). it can be rough on certain roads, but i like to 'feel' the road too. Smile
some of my mates rekon it's too rough, but they are V8 holden/ford panzies.. Laughing

they love high speeds on the highway, i like to eat the k's when i get the chance on a trip.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a ball of fun Very Happy

now for the system.. hmmm Crying or Very Sad
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can also get the 4agze aw11's too not sure how quick they are.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak yeah if you are going to buy one, try and get a s/c model. they arent that expensive anymore..

though i like the hard-top rather than the t-tops the s/c model comes with.
i swapped a 4agze into mine in '99. absolutely love them 4agze engines. best toyota engine out there IMO.
now running on my 2nd 4agte, love them even more. Evil or Very Mad
(when i'm not blowing it up).. Laughing
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im picking up an mr2 red sunroof 5k n/a 4age

i preffer cams and quads Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak ok cool... send us some pics when you get it.

Smile
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xfader wrote on Tue, 23 December 2003 22:28

im picking up an mr2 red sunroof 5k n/a 4age

Is that a normal sunroof or is it the Targa version?

Anyway, it'd be a good step up from an AE82. Good choice mate - plus they're already a modern / latter day classic. Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Tue, 23 December 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak some 4age models did come with a sunroof factory.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 24 December 2003 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my girl has just got one and its a blast.. squirts around awesomelly cant wait to take it for a real blast.. not quite as cruisy as the st184.. gearing imho is a shade too short for highway crusing.. running a shade under 4k to dor 110. but other then that a stack of fun Smile
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 24 December 2003 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in the processes of getting one, hopefully if everything is good i'll have a nice little s/c aw11 in my driveway early january.
Theres a lot more room in them then you'd expect for a car of its size.
http://pbase.com/aw11clown/aw11 <----- heaps of pics. unfortunetly i don't have the $$$ to reg for the heap of others not on there.
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: AW11 thoughts Fri, 02 January 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 4ag has a sunroof.. I remember once i tried to take the glass out after it had been siting in the midday sun for a few hours...

Embarassed anyways the glass was insanely hot and I didnt want to drop it so I had to suck it in and take the pain...

Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 07 January 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got an aw11 coming on the way too, im in perth car is in bris atm with paperwork holding up the transport situation.

anyone know the availability of body kit parts mainly bumpers as mine is a base model gze with t-top and no spoilers or body extensions at all . and yes i bought it for this reason Smile
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 07 January 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only body kit I've been able to find in Australia is the one from www.carmate.com.au, apparently, those kits don't fit nicely either...

[Updated on: Wed, 07 January 2004 04:46]

midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 07 January 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this page has many links to many different bodykits availible for the aw11...
theyre all international tho, so your prob best getting one from USA..
Aussie dollar is good atm...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 07 January 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak you mean this one midnight.... Wink

i'm starting to get lazy building mine, so when i can afford it i'll be buying the side skirts and rear bar from carmate so i can modify them how i like to suit my current bodykit creation thingy.. Evil or Very Mad
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 07 January 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clown where did you get the photo in your avatar from? Is it yours?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 07 January 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is one of the most desired kits for aw11 owners, until this day i dont know if anyone has ever found a source for the kit?

http://www.mr2supercharger.com/Badasskits.html

some say that the pumped rear guards and vents are from a VW gold wide body kit.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 January 2004 10:09]

midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: AW11 thoughts Wed, 07 January 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha forgot to post the link...
i must be getting old....
thanx for the save
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 thoughts Fri, 09 January 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, Does anyone know where i can get that wide body kit from? ( link from feral4mr2 )
Cause if you do i need to know! Shocked
Thats the best aw11 i've ever seen Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 thoughts Fri, 09 January 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak search the web for wide body kits on other cars until you find what you like. then modify it to fit your car.

http://www.members.aol.com/feral4mr2/images/fotosideflareare.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/feral4mr2/images/0flare.jpg

that one is spose to be VW wide body sides...

midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: AW11 thoughts Sat, 10 January 2004 04:04 Go to previous message
if i found a badass kit for sale, I would not be telling anyone...id buy it straight away Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Initial D
Next Topic:3S-GTE JZA80: 0-200mph in under 14s....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 20:44:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059211254119873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.