Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 04:30 Go to next message
My car is making a little noise that sounds like
1. a rock rolling around in one of my rims(tinging)
or 2. a peice of metal tinging when being dragged behind hitting the road from my car
its neither of those 2 and it only makes the noise when moving and going hard up the revs.
Its rather loud and i need to get rid of it!.

my gf was in the car and said it sounded like it was coming from the front(on the left side) but she wasnt sure..

Any idea's guys?
  Send a private message to this user    
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe check the oil.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, I have an annoying "metal" tinkling type noise as well that happens when I'm going over rough road. (IE: All the time up here in QLD). I know how annoying it can be. I still don't know what it is.

Anyway, are you 100% sure there isn't anything hanging down?

I once had a loose brake light wire (plastic clip plug) fall off and dangle on my old rolla. Sounded like I had spokey-dokies fitted.

Are you also sure it's not engine ping?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure its not engine ping.. and its not oil(got changed last week or something)
its not anything hanging down
i found a screw driver just sitting in engine bay but it wasnt that either
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 28 December 2003 21:36

i found a screw driver just sitting in engine bay but it wasnt that either

Laughing Laughing Laughing *looks at Roman* Laughing Laughing Laughing
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check the crank pully bolt
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You haven't specified what car you have, however, it could be a wheel bearing OR it could be a broken spoke on one of your mags... I had the mag wheel thing happen to me once and it sounds EXACTLY like there is a rock jammed in your discs...

It may also be that one of your wheel studs is coming a drift or one of your wheel nuts is not tight enough... put the car up on a jack and give the wheel in question a beating and see if it wobbles side to side
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I had a wheel stud come off and was rattling around in one of the caps and drive me NUTS trying to figure out what it was, 'cause it went away everytime I put the brakes on...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Sun, 28 December 2003 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is he car in my little picture on the side.. thats mine.. gz10 soarer
mags are 5 spoked and i doubt they are broken.. ill check all studs and stuff today
winta
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: rattling noise in my car Sat, 03 January 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i had something similar

turned out to be a pulley belt tensioner, the bearing was fuct and as a result it was rubbing on the mounting due to its wobbly orbit.

*shrugs*

if all else fails turn the music up...
peace
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: rattling noise in my car Tue, 06 January 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Sun, 28 December 2003 16:36

Man, I have an annoying "metal" tinkling type noise as well that happens when I'm going over rough road. (IE: All the time up here in QLD). I know how annoying it can be. I still don't know what it is.

Damn right, tuff susp picks up all sorts of noise and qld roads arent much fun, ive experienced the same problem.

Hope everything is alright before the cruise on saturday, but i'll still be copping cam chain death rattle.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: rattling noise in my car Tue, 06 January 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Sun, 28 December 2003 16:36

Anyway, are you 100% sure there isn't anything hanging down?

I once had a loose brake light wire (plastic clip plug) fall off and dangle on my old rolla. Sounded like I had spokey-dokies fitted.

Are you also sure it's not engine ping?

My sister ke30 rolla had that problem, it sounded like a little pebble in the exhaust, we sold it so didnt find out what it was.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Tue, 06 January 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope its fixed too.. i hate my car when it doesent feel right
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Wed, 07 January 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many noises does it make per wheel rotation?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Wed, 07 January 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesent make it all the time
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Thu, 08 January 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u played w/ ur brake pads recently? A mate put his pads back on the wrong way on 1 wheel (inside on outside, outside on inside), and the new outside pad had a little clip sticking out that would touch the wheel spokes and 'twang'.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Fri, 09 January 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent.. but beau repairs have.. ill cehck it out
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: rattling noise in my car Tue, 13 January 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 simple solution
strip the bastard and rebuild it Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: rattling noise in my car Tue, 13 January 2004 14:00 Go to previous message
i actually wanna dot hat...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:chance to show off
Next Topic:Legend of Speed