Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » to close for comfort (ma70)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

icon13.gif  to close for comfort (ma70) Thu, 08 January 2004 00:36 Go to next message
Hey all,

Okay, my problem is, that the power steering (i think its the power steering pulley) pulley is way to close to the bottom radiator hose, like, its rubbing and has been since iv had the car.

anyways, i checked out another persons engine bay and they had like 8-12cm gap on theres, so i bought a new drivers side engine mount as i was advised that it will be a broken rubber.

so i replaced that last night, the old one was squashed alot more then the new one is, and had started to crack right around the bottom of it, so it was on the its way out. but, now that its all back together, the gap is only about 1cm now, so its hardly moved it at all.

how much space has others got in there MA70's??

could it be that the radiator hose is in a different position? not that it looks like it could go anywhere else tho, cos theres f&%k all room
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: to close for comfort (ma70) Thu, 08 January 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe - i lost 2.5L of coolant 2 nights ago when my PS pulley sliced a nice hole in that hose...

reason: i had the radiator out earlier in the day, and when i put the hose back on, i had it twisted ever-so-slightly on the bottom rad mount, pushing the hose close to the pulley.

i bought a new hose yesterday and made sure it was fitted to the rad outlet differently, and now theres a good 20mm clearance.

make sure theres nothing under the hose pushing it closer to the pulley also.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: to close for comfort (ma70) Thu, 08 January 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and also: buy a shorter PS pump drive belt - itll swing the pulley closer to the engine and away from the hose
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: to close for comfort (ma70) Thu, 08 January 2004 02:58 Go to previous message
thanks ED.

Yeh iv ordered a new bottom hose, should be in tomorrow they said.
Just had a look at the poer steering pulley adjustment, and yeh, your right a smaller belt will pull it well clear of that pipe.

now iv just gotta find a place that has them Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Electrical Problems In MA61
Next Topic:Best budget engine conversion on KE20?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 18:32:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040578842163086 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.