Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
icon10.gif  Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 07 January 2004 06:45 Go to next message
I am thinking about different ways to modify my KE55 Corolla, body-wise, and did an experiment with Photoshop...

BEFORE:::>

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/287000-287999/287122_12_full.jpg

AFTER::::>

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/287000-287999/287122_20_full.jpg

I would like to hear what you guys think, thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 07 January 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't like the very front lower lip , but apart from that looks good.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 07 January 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty good....just change the front lip Shocked
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 07 January 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice man... In your pic it looks like the lower lip is on the wrong angle... It would look heaps better on the right angle... Like an old school touring car or something...

Also, maybe chrome mirrors to go with the grille Smile Smile Smile ...
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 07 January 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditch the grille, looks like some pimp truck or a gemini or something,
give it a whack of satin black and it looks sweet i reckon

otherwise nice,
nice choice of rims.. Very Happy

and what rollaboy siad too, have the lip extending outwards like a scoop...touring car style Very Happy
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 07 January 2004 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was considering pumping out the guard a bit or box-flaring, to give it a old-school touring car look... the main point was to keep it simple and not fussy looking, which means the grille may have to go Razz
I may have to revise the front spoiler too...

Thanks guys, keep the opinions coming in!..

Dan 'O'
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 07 January 2004 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good, but ahh..mustard went out a looong time ago. I know as mine was also that color. Been painted - You should definatly do the same ! try something less attention seeking, for more class.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Thu, 08 January 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i love those corollas.... are they ke55s or ke30s??

nice wheels idea too... Evil or Very Mad
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Thu, 08 January 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been tossing around ideas for the paint scheme, I would like to hear some of your ideas guys if possible.. Smile Smile

Im going to have another go at PS and see if I can create something a little more classier...

EVIL FOETUS, mine is a KE55 model Razz

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Thu, 08 January 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kermit green,
ala mrn4sa

[Updated on: Thu, 08 January 2004 05:56]

oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Thu, 08 January 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good idea, str8 2.8..

I was also considering 'Spicy Orange' from the Mazda 2 hatchback.. for those who dont know the colour, its similar to tiger mica, with a dash more red..and has a gold pearl finish Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Thu, 08 January 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i really like them in a metallic blueish colour.... but yes.
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Thu, 08 January 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was tossing around the idea of putting a different spin on the original mustard colour, by repainting it in something similar like Holden's 'Hyper Yellow', or Ford's 'Acid Rush', because I quite like the colour, myself. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But, for now..I think I might settle with either a set of 13x6 Cheviot Turbo mags off my old KE38 wagon, or pick up a set of 13x7 Jellybean mags..I cant really decide..however, if i get the 13x7's I will have to get new tyres too, as they wont fit on my near new 155's & 165's that are currently on the car.
Do you think I will have to modity the guards to accomodate 13x7's? Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Im going to pick up a set of front 1/4 panels (as my current ones ate quite rusty) and modify them so I can fit the clear-lens commodore side indicators..it should look pretty sweet. Cool

Any ideas such as these would be appreciated, thanks guys..

Dan 'O' Very Happy
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 19 May 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i have exactly the same car and am, also wondering what to do with my car??
My aviator is a chop i did what do you guys think of what ive done??
Michael
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 19 May 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send me a pic, do u have different angles of the car?
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Fri, 21 May 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i flared the guards and made it a 2 door on the ke55 but dont know how to get pics on thread....
pic is saved on a:\ drive.
jpg type file.
would love to show ya.
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Wed, 26 May 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://genji.image.pbase.com/u46/w810sc/upload/29394093.ke55.BMP
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: Concept of my Corolla ---> opinions wanted! Thu, 27 May 2004 04:55 Go to previous message
Front end looks very sweet, I'd go ahead with these mods. Get a set of simmons rims, older style, they suite these corollas heaps.

I designed my own wheels and body, with using an existing pic of someone elses AE82 hatch. best way to see car before adding mods! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aero kits
Next Topic:upgrading brake booster for ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:39:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073738098144531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.