Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:24 Go to next message

What do you prefer Chromies or non-chrome?[ 63 vote(s) ]
1.Yeah Chromies are Nice 10 / 16%
2.Undecided 9 / 14%
3.No way, non-chrome all the way 44 / 70%

I, have seen its a split argument between, getting chrome wheels or not, some love them and some hate them, im just curious to see your opinions on chrome wheels.

My car doesnt have chrome wheels, but its funny because if you look at them when the sun hits it, they look very much like chrome, as you can see in the pic below.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/Camry%209-14-03%20022.jpg

Have Fun Smile

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chrome is bad, it doesn't look good, and it makes the rims heavy...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends very much on the colour & style of your car, 'cause I've seen chrome done well.

and are you including the orgasm-inducing Shadow Chrome in there? Smile
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wheel Chrome or not should (IMO) be a finnishing touch to a car once all other planned work is completed, They do look good on a dark car however but crap on a white car.

Every man and his Honda have Chrome rims and It's now a little too common on cars that have no other modifications which really defeates the purpose. (read rice) the rims in that picture look fine as is. Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen some nice chromies too, but some are like a whole plate of chrome, you might as well get some chrome hubcaps it looks the same. Razz Heres an example:

GOOD:
http://shop.tempetyres.com.au/catalog/images/130_3035_JFR.jpg

BAD:
http://shop.tempetyres.com.au/catalog/images/130_3011_JFR.jpg
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, subtle Shadow Chrome is an exception. Nod
Hugh
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed SMT_007...

I used to dispise cromies but after seeing some off of the commondore bogan cars, they can look quite nice...but to a certain porportion. The second pic above my profile of the chromies that I like to call "Cyclone" are what make cromies look like crap. But there are neat simple ones which can make the car look awsome.

I'm preferring non cromies for my car once I get it either black or gold or white.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put that they are nice, just because it is all so subjective. It depends on the car, the colour of the car, what has been done to the car etc.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Polished alloy is fine, but chrome should be spelt c r a p!
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on the car...

Chrome wheels on a excel = yuk Razz

Chrome wheels on a black Merc SL500 = dats what i'm talkin BOUT! Very Happy

Nice camry there too Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 02:09]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it depends on the individual and if you want to go for the bling bling look or the i mean business look.

I was giving my bosses daughter a lift on day, she was not blessed with the gift of brains at birth. A pulsar drove past with big 17" chromies she stated,
"You should get those wheels they look like electricity"
Ever since i dont think i could ever put a set of chromies on my car.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are the rims I wanted, I thought they would've looked good in shadow chrome against my metallic silver paint.

http://shop.tempetyres.com.au/catalog/images/131_3131_JFR.jpg

But... Seems they're no longer available in that finish Sad Might have to go for some polished alloy instead.

As for the poll question, it all depends on the car (as others have said). For instance, there is a VK Commodore up the road with the sweetest looking chrome rims, but in the same street there's a Mirage with some of those huge 'Cyclone' rims which just looks wrong...
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those rimz are nice, i havnt seen shadow chrome on the street.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like polished alloy.. chrome "can" look good when done tastefully
these are my 17's.. they are polished alloy
http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/car/rim.jpg
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polished alloy is the GO

http://xdesign.com.au/coronamk2/thebeast.jpg
Evil or Very Mad

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it looks more classy without going overboard to get attention
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i heard speedy wheels nevah lose Very Happy

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Fri, 09 January 2004 18:51

hehe, is that a 50 profile on your tyres?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 09 January 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine?, 45 profile
235/45/rz17 all round
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Mon, 12 January 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14in satin black steel rims.
dog tin hubcaps - POLISHED
185/75 whitewalls
mmmmm....olskool.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Mon, 12 January 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 09 January 2004 18:30

coronamark2 wrote on Fri, 09 January 2004 18:51

hehe, is that a 50 profile on your tyres?

yep 225/50 /16"

i have only just got clearance and there is some major scrubige from the guards when i go over bumps at speed or when i have fat fuck mates in the back
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Mon, 12 January 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depands largely on car
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Wed, 14 January 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say polished or, I like those magnesium/alloy wheels from japan, you know the ones they use on race cars and stuff like that.
Oh yeah, wrc cars have them too.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Thu, 15 January 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Fri, 09 January 2004 13:08

Depends on the car...

Chrome wheels on a excel = yuk Razz

Chrome wheels on a black Merc SL500 = dats what i'm talkin BOUT! Very Happy

Nice camry there too Smile

On the whole, Chrome = overdone and therefore bad.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Thu, 15 January 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like these

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~givers/watanabe2.jpg
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Thu, 15 January 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Polished alloy is the sh!t for sure...
love your rims coronamark2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MEL
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Thu, 15 January 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my opinion on this topic i agree that it all depends oh the type and color of the car lets take a little example i had a 1989 nissan exa which was white and i chose to put white 17inch wheels on it which looked to damn hot Razz my AE92 corolla gunmetal grey with 17inch AME chrome wheels which looked hot aswell it all depends on what type of car chrome wheels on any car looks sexy it gives it a high rolla look except for excels Razz they just plain suck my project now is a rotary powered datsun 1100 ute which is gettin painted orange very bright orange the dillema im having is either chrome wheels or white any 1 that has suggestions is more welcome to help me out
freakysoarer
Regular

March 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Thu, 15 January 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polished alloy 4 me too... chromies r to gay 4 me... Razz
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Thu, 15 January 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every old car needs polished rims. I mean the outer rim too.
As long as the lip is polished then its alright with me. The Spokes can be silver, thats as far off the track as your allowed.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Fri, 16 January 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i prefer alloy, but i havent seen shadow chrome yet. i just think that a lot of the chrome wheel designs are too elaborate to be effective- and maybe a mix of chrome and alloy (ala ma61 rims? Very Happy )
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What do you prefer Chrome wheels or non-chrome Wheels? POLL Sun, 18 January 2004 14:39 Go to previous message
today i seen my next set of wheels for my little 1100 ute there 18inch wheels but the problem is what color, there called "Zenettis" very sexy rims i recomend people have a look at them if your lookin on ozzytyres.com the problem is my ute is bright fluro orange now what color should i get? they come in powder coated white or gold or chrome or gold chrome what a damn dillema!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:police
Next Topic:weight reduction
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:37:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057649612426758 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.