February 2003
how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 05:46 Go to next message
http://www.directimported.com.au/down/570000.htm

Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$
  Send a private message to this user    
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch..
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen this before and they said it was the day he bought it!!! Shocked
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u reckon its a write off?

it'd have to be pretty severe for a lambo
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone say, "wh00ps"
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 14:00

do u reckon its a write off?

it'd have to be pretty severe for a lambo

If you could afford that sort of money for a car, would you be buying a rebuilt wreck?!!!

Yep seen this before many times too, and I'm still astounded at the track setup - look at all the previous tyre marks from others that have done the same thing, added to the fact that the wall isn't really protecting anything behind it. If the track owners were insistant on keeping the wall as such, it should be tyred or sandtrapped to reduce the impacts that obviously happen there often. The wall is also offering to return cars that run along it. The action of increasing the angle of danger to the track would allow the car to cross the racing line if they progress along it. It seems stupidity reigns supreme?!

Can anyone identify the track?
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll take the 'front' cut for $500 thanks!
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw this story in a car mag (i think it was wheels) a few months back..what a waste of a beautiful machine.

as said from 'The Fast and the Furious': You can't just jump into the ring just because you think you can box.

Think about it...

[Updated on: Thu, 08 January 2004 06:27]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 14:23

arent they mid rear?
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Can anyone identify the track?

looks defiantly european, an educated guess would say germany or italy. maybe mugello, Norisring, Oschersleben?
i think I'm clutching at straws here.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 14:23

Cool, I'll take the reaer cut giving me the engine and transaxle!!!

Yep, just cos you can afford to buy it, doesn't mean you have the skill to drive it!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder at which part of the spin he was thinking:

a) IM GONNA DIE!
b) Perhaps a little less throttle
c) so is this what they meant by oversteer?
d) this is going to cost me heaps
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e) I am the best driver in the world, bring it on Schumacher
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look at the 1st and 3rd photos, I *think* the track name in cut into the hedges? maybe?
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is a mid-rear engine, note the 'front' in inverted commas there...

i'll take the 'mid-rear cut' just doesn't have the same ring to it.... Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 15:36

yes it is a mid-rear engine, note the 'front' in inverted commas there...

i'll take the 'mid-rear cut' just doesn't have the same ring to it.... Razz

we'll let you off Laughing

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bet, he bought another one a week later Razz .
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he musta been giving it some to make THOSE tyres break loose
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like that corner over the hill where he came from was a nice right hander before the hard downhill left.

Any money he was on the first lap , about halfway around , getting some confidence , decides to give it abit around the corner , arse comes out , no worries he things , then over the hill sees the left , shits himself , hits the brakes , locks , spins , hits wall.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a waste.
What a weiner.
WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING! That car was worth more then his life.. why didn't he climb out and try and stop it instead of destroy a beautiful car Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw this a while back somewhere else .

i thouight the track was english - silverstone or brands hatch? there's something in the upper background of pic 3 but it's too pixelated to read it.

anyway - notice how the thing doesn't even have rego plates?

first serious corner and the new owner (and yes, maybe it should be weiner?) looses it... what a tosser.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No it's not - Road Atlanta! US racetrack in Gainsville, Georgia, thought it was the States given the recovery vehicles.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poor car. Think of how many tricked out Supras you could buy, race, and wreck with that much money? Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 23:28

No it's not - Road Atlanta! US racetrack in Gainsville, Georgia, thought it was the States given the recovery vehicles.

... i was wondering about the ford-explorer in the background - the pine trees and sweeping corners looked to european to me... anyway... so it was some american weiner that totalled (their own?) car...

you find all manner of this stuff at www.wreckedexotics.com - but after a while it becomes ambulance chasing...
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit happens..

bet the guy is some eccentric loaded dude who bought an F1 mclaren the week after...

---

Have you guys seen that old ad for the camry spotivo..
I'm just wondering why an eccentric millionare type would want a camry sportivo!!!..

he should be driving one of these hehehhehehehe

rock on.
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OWNER - "Hullo Call Connect, can you please put me thru to Lamborghini Service please........... Hullo, is this the Service Department" ??
SD - "Yes Sir this is the Service Department, how may I help you ?"
OWNER - "Oh great, I was just wondering if you could please send someone out and have a look at my new SV please"
SD - " What is the matter sir"
OWNER - "Um, it's not starting, and it pulls a little to the left, I think it needs a wheel alignment"
SD - "Certainly sir, I am dispatching a tow truck for you now.."

[Updated on: Thu, 08 January 2004 14:28]

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So far everyone has assumed its been a male driving. Although I doubt it was a female, no car parks in site. Wonder if that ford was parked where it sits in the picture. She might of been uncontrollably drawn to smash into it,thinking her bumpers would save her. Razz
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its just a little damaged..its still good its still good... Cool
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its gone Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH!............... Shocked
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: how to lose $540,000 Thu, 08 January 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see the problem. The windscreen wiper was obstructing his view.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Fri, 09 January 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How the hell could you come off that corner like that? It looks like the driver came around the corner, then turned off the line to go into the wall...
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how to lose $540,000 Fri, 09 January 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This reminds of the guy who crashed his Ferrari on the Victor Harbour-Adelaide road. Amazingly he survived and walked away from the accident, but the $250K Ferrari didn't and to top it all off he blew over the limit for alcohol. So he was a bit pissed driving (speed estimated in excess of 200Kph)then crashed it (not surprising really). No insurance, No car, No license, No f**king brains. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I've got the photo's kicking around if anyone can host them.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Fri, 09 January 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: how to lose $540,000 Fri, 09 January 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see those pics from wrecked exotics and think how many people didn't get out of them alive. (In bad crashes)
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: how to lose $540,000 Fri, 09 January 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 17:01

Can anyone say, "wh00ps"

I agree why did they put a wall there.
It looks like he's been turning whilst going over the crest (at a phenomenal speed) and has lost some traction from flying, but as he's come down he has suddenly got more traction than he knows what to do with. And the excessive steering has put him in a spin straight into the wall.

I see this a bit with my street as there is a little ditch on a bend at the bottom of a hill and when they come flying down the hill they always hit the gutter on the inside of the bend.
CheevA
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Sat, 10 January 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
t'll bog out
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Fri, 16 January 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T APLUS 22 wrote on Fri, 09 January 2004 07:50

So far everyone has assumed its been a male driving. Although I doubt it was a female, no car parks in site. Wonder if that ford was parked where it sits in the picture. She might of been uncontrollably drawn to smash into it,thinking her bumpers would save her. Razz

Are you feeling a little bitter about female drivers dude? I wonder if she was looking down for the demister switch when she stacked..? Shocked
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: how to lose $540,000 Sat, 17 January 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 18:17

i wonder at which part of the spin he was thinking:

a) IM GONNA DIE!
b) Perhaps a little less throttle
c) so is this what they meant by oversteer?
d) this is going to cost me heaps

or....

e) My wife is going to kill me.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Sat, 17 January 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 17:23

You do realise that you won't be getting an engine with a Lamborghini front cut don't you? I'd be asking for the mid cut. Very Happy
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Sat, 17 January 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crying or Very Sad its always the good cars that get it like that...
look hor far out that back left wheel is sitting...crazy...now thats a write off and a half!!! Laughing
MEL
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Mon, 19 January 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe not love...... i believe deep inside it can be repaired and if it was given to me as is i know i can do it...... even with a hammer,oxy and grinder and a tin of bog and fibreglass as my tools! hmmmmmmm yep its not a write off thats for sure needs a good pull on the chassis and a few cuts here and there should be fine Razz ive seen worse and repaired worse like a rolled over landcruiser 2002 model it mite of taken me long but i dun it Razz
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: how to lose $540,000 Mon, 19 January 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmmm and on another note i reckon at the top of the hill theres a pretty nice corner he probably tried drifting it around it then lost it coming down??????? kinda reminds me of my gemini...........
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: how to lose $540,000 Wed, 28 January 2004 14:43 Go to previous message
TryUrLuk wrote on Mon, 19 January 2004 19:10

kinda reminds me of my gemini...........

ahh so you too optioned in the v12 for your gemi Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help in Melbourne: Air Tool
Next Topic:Is this a good deal?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:57:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083658695220947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.