Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Fri, 09 January 2004 14:22 Go to next message
heres some pics of my SV21 wagon, shes dead stock except for a k&n pannel filter and stereo but she wont be for very much longer as im starting the buildup now ive finished school.

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/camry/camry01.jpg

^just a pic of my dodgy door pods, for all the SV21 owners out there scratching their heads, i made cardboard templtes for the pocket, then had to use a nibler and rip big chunks (hehe) outa the door metal. it goes alrite but im going to redo the whole pod so it goes the full lenght of the door insert and make it sit on an angle. i keep smashing my knucles when i wind down the window haha.

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/camry/camry03.jpg

^check my dads 2003 forrester XT (2.5L TURBO) in the background Very Happy

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/camry/camry04.jpg

^going to replace the front grill with the newer version, this ones held on with string atm (etch) also got a new front bumper cause the old owner hit something and tore the supports near the wheel arch (cost me $50 bucks from some dude when i saw this camry in the parking lot at brake pro thornliegh)

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/camry/camry05.jpg

^side view, with my dodgy attempt to remove the door mouldings off the side, itll be fixed as soon as i can be bothered

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/camry/camry06.jpg

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/camry/camry07.jpg

thats all for now, ill post up my plans for the car soon but im too tired im going to bed. all those camry owners out there wat u think? body drop? i reckon itd look sweet

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 14:24]

Send a private message to this user    
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sat, 10 January 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought you were going to sell it? i'd say slam it, then have number plate 'SLAMRY'.

as for the forrstor my mate has one with an STi turbo and stuff and its a low 14 sec car i think (tell your dad to do that).

i'm planning on doing door pods soon, 6" facing out like yours are, then my 4" that are in the dash, have them back from the 6's and facing up toward the person.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sat, 10 January 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Ride Domasik, it was me that took you out of Hot4s to Toymods wasnt it Laughing , SLAMRY sounds like a good idea Very Happy , 3inch drop would be sweeet. Cool Try come to Toymods Dyno day since youl be puting the 3sgte in, so you need a before and after dyno reading Very Happy .
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sat, 10 January 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok heres the plans for my car.

short term
*replace front struts (wednesday)
*bendix front brake pads
*replace all cooling hoses (radiator is also possibly blocked)
*10 000kms service (2000kms overdue hehe)

medium term
*going to do the suspension first which will consist of all new shocks, probably Monroe T-Gas with lowering springs (probably 2 inches, maybe bit more) front strut brace, rear sway bar (if needed) anti lift/anti dive kit. i wana get it all tuned by whiteline.

*new wheels, throwing it up between 17's and 16's just depends really

*i blew a hole in my muffler so ill need to get that replaced so im just going to get extractors and probably a full 2 1/2 inch exhaust system (if i get a mandrel bent one then probably just get 2 or 2 1/4 inch)

*full customised stereo. im making these pods to go in the rear out of fibreglass theyre gona be sweet, for 6 1/2 inch 2ways.

*get a camry gearbox have it rebuilt with celica ratios (anyone know how much it could cost?)

*i wana try shave the tail gate too, make it once piece nice n smooth, relocate the numberplate. (i had this idea b4 i had even herd of DREMPT too which no one will believe me but yea)

long term
some of these may seem like unrealistic goals but therye jsut a few ideas ive been throwing up in the air.

*3SG-TE conversion with a celica gearbox

*rear disc brake conversion using ST162 rears

*power steering hahaha

*i had the idea of converting the front lights to celica popups, i reckon its doable but a heap of work.

*re-spray

*customise the bumpers a bit, get pods for the rear and add lip, side skirts, then find a bumper that i can graft to mine to make it a bit lower, but if shes 3SG-TE by then, then gotta make way for the FMIC hehe

anyway most of this wont be happening til after easter but i reckon after easter ill have a heap more money and ill just bust out. realisticly i dont think ill do the 3SG-TE conversion this year, ill probably buy a Sileighty first and keep the camry as my daily driver, but doesnt go to say i wont put a 3SGE in instead.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2004 23:32]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sat, 10 January 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s if there are any camry guys out there who want door pods let me know im going to start making mine soon so ill see how i go with those then make a whole bunch if u want??? small cost involved but no where near the 300 bucks they charge u for those ones at lifestlye, haha
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sun, 11 January 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, word of advice dont get Monroe GT Gas shocks, my front left is currently busted Sad , and there only 6 months old. You should get Kyb or Koni i know there expensive but not as expensive as buying shocks twice Razz . Also if you know how to make fibreglass kick panels i would buy them Smile. If you put in a 3sge in your camry, you can turbo it later, with 3sgte internals on the 3sge, it has been done many times.

StephenT Smile
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sun, 11 January 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have some big plans for your camry, i would be definatley interested in some door pods, as the prices i have see are ridiclous. I'd post my ride here, but you might aswell check out the website at http://members.cardomain.com/camry_omega
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Fri, 16 January 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok im gona start on the door pods on sunday, mainly due to the fact that yesteray when i went to north shore automotive i went to wind up my window and smashed my knuckel and ripped a chunk out of it almost to the bone! fuck!

anyway im gettin my car lowered most probably on wednesday. SMT007 ur not going to like this BUT im gettin monroe sensatracs with king springs. the monroes have a 2 year unlimited KM warranty and the guy said if they dont last that long bring them back and they'll replace them no charge. apparently these shocks shit all over GT gas ones u have too.

another thing, i spoke to WHITELINE they dont have and springs for the camry, they have got KYB shocks but there we $512.60 for 4 shocks, thats not even fitted!!! anyway they havent got a castor kit but they do have camber ($85 for front $85 for rear) they dont have a strut brace but can do a custom order but only if we get a minimum of 20, he said theyll come up around 200 bucks (im thinkin the american ones? group buy like 10??) anyway its costing me $1150 all up for fitting and parts which is better than any other prices i got given and its more convienent for me as its just down the road from my work too.

anyway ill defiantly take some pics when its done! Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Fri, 16 January 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok the mornroe Gt shocks were never busted the lower subframe was loose in my car making the noise which i thought was shocks, coz every time i bouced down the shock it sounded like a busted shock Embarassed , so i tightened the lower bolts and it was sweet. Cool

As for the US Group buy Strut brace, im currenty organising it Smile.

Heres the Info:

ITEM:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=2453536536

I emailed them and just now got the response for the group buy , they said "your total is $225.00-US for 5 strut bar shipped to australia", so thats $58.40- AUS each, or if you want to buy seperate its $81.67- AUS.

(ITS CHEAPER BECUASE THEY COMBINE THE SHIPPING, ALSO IF WE GET MORE THAN 5 IN THE GROUP BUY ITS CHEAPER)

They are ebay sellers, but we arnt going through ebay we are buying direct from the company, XO2 Racing Inc.

CURRENT LIST UP FOR GROUPBUY:
- Smt_007
- Crazy_Camry
- Da_Horse
- Others will be notified shortly Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 16 January 2004 07:31]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Fri, 16 January 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey stephen u left my name off that list Razz i want a strutty hehe.

also if ur shocks blow u should have a 2 year warranty on them too i reckon, the guy told me doesnt matter wat happens if they fucked after 23 months they'll still replace them Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sat, 17 January 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im on that list now too!
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Mon, 19 January 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok lets start with the problems

today my alternator died Sad now i gotta park it on hills n stuff til i get it fixed (which i hope is tomorrow - tomorrow being tuesday) and i bloody beta get it fixed cause shes booked in for wednesday for new shockies and springs. also i need to get my discs machined and possibly new front pads too ggrrrr
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Tue, 20 January 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah my altenator dies about a year ago, it seems to be a commone problem.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Tue, 20 January 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My alternator never died and i have 362,000 K's Very Happy
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Tue, 20 January 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well it wasnt the alternator it was my terminals and earths and stuff so i got them fixed but they didnt fit em properly so i had to file off the connection to make a better connection on the terminal as it was new. anyway new shocks tomorrow i cant wait!!!!! ill take photos and have them posted ASAP. lucky it wasnt the alternator casue if it was it woulda set me back 350 cuase mines a friggin denso nipon one and not a bosch Sad
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Fri, 23 January 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok she's been dropped 2 inches with monroe sensatracs all round but not b4 kings sent standard height springs instead of lowering ones Sad but its done and thanks northshore hitech for lookin after me and gettin on kings backs about gettin me the right springs. now piss off rain!!!!
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Mon, 26 January 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics pics before after shots Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Mon, 26 January 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i chose not to get my car lowered, i was woried about damage to the automatic transmission (the cover plate already has a few scrapes).
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Mon, 02 February 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics r coming if my brother is at home i can take some today ill see wats doing aight fellas, she looks fat, even hotrolla reckons it looks sweet n he was neva a fan.
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Mon, 02 February 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep its true your granny wagon is looking rather nice now that its fully sik lowered.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Mon, 02 February 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Thu, 12 February 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well progress on the car:

the springs are settled in nicely and i get weird looks everywhere, the car bottoms out sometimes on bumpy corners if im pushing it, if i have more ppl in the car it does it a bit round corners and over big bumps but its all good the tyres on hit just the strut but no damage being done (i hope)

wednesday im gettin the trye rod end joint replaced which is costing me $180 approx. damaged after i went thru a roundabout ages ago and understeered into the gutter (ouch)

then wednesday after that getting front discs machined, prolly new front pads and new rear shoes for the drums and ill get my handbrake tightened to about 3 clicks i reckon.

following sunday is the (hopefully) strut brace pickup cruise so that should be good.

once ive got all that done i dont think ill spend ne more money on my car for a while, gona try pay off my credit card and save some cash, maybe get some wheels eventually, if i do then ill get a whiteline camber kit front and rear 170 bucks with is pretty good but yea cars running good so im happy.

had a major service, oil/filter change, FULL engine flush and radiator flush cause it was blocked then topped out with coolant car goes ALOT better now, just gona clean the AFM and throttle body again soon and also fit my new door pods.

cooling hoses need replacing but they will hold out for as long as i need them too they havent had ne problems since i got the car so its all good apart from that my muffler is gettin worse and stinks too but u get that.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Thu, 12 February 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds SWEET dude I wanna see piccie!
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Mon, 01 March 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dude,

Nice work with the camry, mine is pretty much the same base model as yours except i have the sedan. i have only just recently began work on mine, got the shocks all replaced (with monroe GT's i think) and i thought my left front shock had died, but now after seeing smt_007's post about the loose lower subframe, i might have found the real problem. i have all new bushes throughout including swaybar bushes. if you guys havent bought your strut bars from the US yet, should be able to count me in on that one. Also interested in the pods you are working on. keep up the effort man
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Wed, 03 March 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ive got pics ill scan them in a sec and post them up providing my host lets me log on this time Rolling Eyes
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Pics of my SV21 Camry wagon Sat, 08 May 2004 00:03 Go to previous message
just sold my car for $2000 hehe time to buy an old school rolla, sold it without stereo so may be interested in selling my gear, PM me
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New st162 member
Next Topic:Scott's '87 Blue ST162
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:09:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057690143585205 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.