Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Are all intercoolers internally finned? (VR4 i/c related)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Are all intercoolers internally finned? (VR4 i/c related) Fri, 09 January 2004 09:01 Go to next message
i have what i beleive to be a VR4 intercooler, which has no fins in the tubes, whereas my GSR intercooler has fins. is the VR4 one real, and if not, will there being no fins not cool the air enough?

the cooler looks fairly real (obviously one of the ends have been flipped)
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/452000-452999/452064_16.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 09:03]

Send a private message to this user    
hiaaa
Regular

May 2002
Re: Are all intercoolers internally finned? (VR4 i/c related) Fri, 09 January 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my memory you should see some fins in the tubes if it is a VR-4 intercooler (I got one in my 180SX before). A Tube/Fin intercooler should have fins in tubes to cool the air, take a look: http://www.are.com.au/techtalk/intecoolersMR.htm
Hope that helps.

Leon

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 11:14]

Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: Are all intercoolers internally finned? (VR4 i/c related) Fri, 09 January 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude I sold you that cooler,
It is definatley a VR4 intercooler as i bought it as a stock one, and i had the tank flipped and outlets modified.
Im not sure if it has internal fins but i just wanted to clear that it is a real jdm vr4 intercooler Smile
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Are all intercoolers internally finned? (VR4 i/c related) Fri, 09 January 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yer i have seen two versions of the vr4 cooler as well , what intake/outlet size is that one , i have seen a 40mmish and a 50mmish model .
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: Are all intercoolers internally finned? (VR4 i/c related) Sat, 10 January 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was 50mm from memory

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2004 01:53]

crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Are all intercoolers internally finned? (VR4 i/c related) Sat, 10 January 2004 05:54 Go to previous message
Sprinta wrote on Sat, 10 January 2004 00:21

Dude I sold you that cooler,
It is definatley a VR4 intercooler as i bought it as a stock one, and i had the tank flipped and outlets modified.
Im not sure if it has internal fins but i just wanted to clear that it is a real jdm vr4 intercooler Smile

yeah thats cool Smile . i was thinking since you had a turbo 86 you'd be on this forum and would be able to answer the question for me. just as long as it cooled the air sufficiently. i'm very happy with it, good price and condition and is the perfect size for my front.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ma70 turbo and jza-70 air-filters. Are they the same?
Next Topic:adjustable upper strut mounts ae86 { help }
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:01:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039291381835938 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.