Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Mazda FC rx7 for sale - SOLD!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Mazda FC rx7 for sale - SOLD! Sat, 10 January 2004 18:00 Go to next message
I know it isn't a toyota, but it's for a good cause (to get my toyota sprinter on the road Smile ).

the car is a locally delivered 1987 S4 rx7. NATURAL ASPIRATION 13B 6 port rotary.

Car has got a FULL series 5 exterior makeover (body moulds, side skirts, rear bar, front spoiler+bumper, and of course taillights). Costed absolutely heaps for these items. It's also got an re-amemiya style rear spoiler, and type II mirrors.
aftermarket 16x8 alloys...
car is totally rust free

Car has done 210,000 km. Rebuilt at ~190. (so it should last a while yet).
new clutch very recently put in. Mechanically, the car is stock.
2 new mufflers and gasket fixed on the exhaust.

Overall condition is pretty good. The car is very reliable and would make an ideal rotary daily driver. Was going to do a turbo upgrade, but don't have the cash.

Color is white, interior is maroon.
Has got an alarm/immobiliser, central locking.
Thanks for looking.

THE CAR WILL COME WITH STOCK SERIES 4 RIMS NOW.
PRICE REDUCTION OF $1000...
Car DOES NOT come with rego or RWC, hence the price.

http://homepage.cs.latrobe.edu.au/shcao/rx71.JPG
http://homepage.cs.latrobe.edu.au/shcao/rx72.JPG
http://homepage.cs.latrobe.edu.au/shcao/rx73.JPG
http://homepage.cs.latrobe.edu.au/shcao/rx74.JPG

more pictures soon

thanks, and rock on

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 04:35]

Send a private message to this user    
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sat, 10 January 2004 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice! even if it is a mazda being posted it looks emaculately maintained from the outside neway...these pictures almost make me want to buy this instead of my sprinter Laughing too bad ur in melbourne otherwise id consider buying it
.................................................. ........................actually on second thought i might just since its only like a half a day drive from melbourn to adelaide Laughing but my its just over my budget of 6k ><

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2004 21:59]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sat, 10 January 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thinking of going white comet instead hey Smile ..

Yeah, it is a real nice lookin car. It's got real road presence. Way more exotic than a 180sxz. Goes alright too.
and looks a lot nicer than my average lookin sprinter.

I'll get some engine bay and interior piccis soon.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2004 22:59]

Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sat, 10 January 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i kinda am cos i been thinking about the time and tlc i would have to put into a sprinter if i got one and with uni pluss work i dont think i could pull it off so i rkn just fork out a little more cash and buy a reliable car with no major work needed that will get me to work, uni and back plus is fun to drive. so i rkn an fc it is but since its in melbourn i dunno :/
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fc may be less reliable than a sprinter

and would require a lot more TLC

[Updated on: Sun, 11 January 2004 02:32]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome looking car.. have always liked these....
Hugh
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I had 7k I would say SOLD...i love the looks of these cars and if I did buy one, I would do a rotary mechanic repair course.
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
_Why_:not if you find one which requires a new 13b due to rotor corosion and has no other problems. so when u put an imported 13b in which has done less than 60,000km then your looking at a less hassle car than a sprinter with 300,000+km and worne parts Smile
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugh where would you be able to do one of them? and at what cost?
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they still require a lot of attention... no matter what rotary engine is in it...

its nice, i'd check it out if it had RWC

good luck
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I reckon it's not far off from one..
just don't wanna outlay more $$$$ as I don't have much atm.

c'mon guys, it's a good car!
Rotorise Me
Regular

June 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go donald get an FC!!!!

how much would a turbo conversion cost down the line?
ie. is it a decomp motor? or just a 13na motor?

in otherwords, will it require the purchase and installation of a s4/5 13bt motor and box etc? upgraded tailshaft brakes gbox rewiring etc?

let me know, may be interested relatively soon!

[Updated on: Sun, 11 January 2004 06:50]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well tha NA to 13bt is very common on this car,
and shouldn't be too expensive at all.. Depending on where you take the car.

most opt for a S5 turbo and box, and adapt the rest.

The current 6 port can be sold pretty easily. They make good NA motors for lighter (old school) cars. And it should sell pretty easily considering how new the rebuild is.

Yeah, it's a pretty schmick lookin rx7. A lot better than most of the other NA series 4 on the road.. and cheapest way to look like you are driving a series 5.. hahaha
Those deep dish rims are pretty sweet too.

thanks rock on.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 January 2004 07:14]

Hugh
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Sun, 11 January 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panda Tofu ^_^

I would try any TAFE courses or an apprentership....doubt uni would have something like that Sad

IF it is at TAFE, I guess your lookin around 2,000+ for a year or two....

BTW, good luck with the sale man, hope it sells Very Happy

P.S - Why aren't there any RX7 drivers in Adelaide that have ballz? I mean every time they look like they wanna drag, they don't....
patrickpwu
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Mon, 12 January 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

very interested, do you have pic for the inside? Will you be considering a swap plus cash?

Regards
Rotorise Me
Regular

June 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Mon, 12 January 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugh wrote on Sun, 11 January 2004 23:10

P.S - Why aren't there any RX7 drivers in Adelaide that have ballz? I mean every time they look like they wanna drag, they don't....

its because they dont want to embarrass you Shocked
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Mon, 12 January 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude im from sydney and intrested in ur car please send pics of interior and engine bay if u have any 2 Leb_2_envy@hotmail.com im very intrested and not a time waster Smile
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Mon, 12 January 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patrick..

I've only got one car in mind.. and that is a sprinter.
If you've got one, then I'll consider it.

tryurluck: My car is getting the exhaust system worked at the moment, so not till wednesday. I will take some photos then.

more updates to come..
rock on.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Mon, 12 January 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need to do anything to get the rwc? or its pretty much ready for rwc?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Mon, 12 January 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well for the most part... I think everything is fine.

lights are perfect (no scratches, nicks).
horn works.
Tyres are alright..
brakes still skid.
windscreen is perfect.

but I am going to get it checked out soon.
patrickpwu
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Mon, 12 January 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man can I come and have a look? I live in Melbourne too.
If you like PM me or e-mail me at pplwu_2003@yahoo.com.au. Thanks!!
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Mon, 12 January 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. in a few days if it's ok..

its still getting the exhaust corrected, also, it's getting checked for a RWC too.. (so you guys know how much work it needs)...
hippy
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Tue, 13 January 2004 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will you take 4k?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Tue, 13 January 2004 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon now.....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Wed, 14 January 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why arent you banned yet?
patrickpwu
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Wed, 14 January 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, so where abouts are you? I really want to come and have a look.
ctr1228
Regular

September 2002
    dfg
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Wed, 14 January 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u have pm!!
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Thu, 15 January 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all..

thanks for all your interest.

I'll be pretty busy in the next few days and won't be home..

So early next week you guys can come and look at it. I'll contact all those who pmed me by then...

ALSO.. I was after a quick sale, so those who are in melbourne I guess would be prefered. But if it is still available, I've got no issues with interstate sales..

Thanks all.. cya
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Thu, 15 January 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
random but shot

http://homepage.cs.latrobe.edu.au/shcao/rx77.JPG
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k Sat, 17 January 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now available for inspection..

thanks all.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2004 08:04]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Sat, 17 January 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is the car... ie: what suburb of Melbourne?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Sat, 17 January 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in west footscray.. about 10 mins drive from CBD
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Sun, 18 January 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet lookin ride dude, i hope it all works out for ya,

Reason for this post: What are you doing to the sprinter.
AkEaKe
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Sun, 18 January 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have more pics?????
please send to stupid_fast@hotmail.com

I would like to know that, are there any accidents with this car?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Mon, 19 January 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like most price lower price RX7s.. yes it has had accidents and repiars.. Obviously there is no damage on the body at the moment. Try to get some more photos today or tomorrow.

In terms of my sprinter.. it needs an engine transplant.. Maybe a red top.. It needs to get sprayed to look 100%. And also needs some suspension work. Smile

thanks.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Mon, 19 January 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

why arent you banned yet?

Laughing
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Mon, 19 January 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who did the engine rebuild shcao?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Mon, 19 January 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daltons, geelong..

the one with the black FD drag beast.
AkEaKe
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Mon, 19 January 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Mon, 19 January 2004 11:09

like most price lower price RX7s.. yes it has had accidents and repiars.. Obviously there is no damage on the body at the moment. Try to get some more photos today or tomorrow.

I'm sorry to ask that but I really know because I'm very interested in your car.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2004 06:49]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 7k - picture added!! Mon, 19 January 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the car's chassis is not twisted.

There are no uneven gaps on the panels. Plus, none of the tyres (which are oversized) scrapes on the guards. This means that all the geometry and suspension are correct...

They were minor accidents.. (not on my behalf.. previous owners).

I was answering the question truthfully, and I do not appreciate you trying to derail my sale by making my car sound out to be a lemon.

If you want to spin such accusations.. come down and check out the car yourself. Until then, I don't think you could comment on the condition..

AkEaKe
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 6k - PRICE UPDATE Mon, 19 January 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just sent you an email......... to ask the car's details

BTW, I'm very sorry about that.
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - 6k - PRICE UPDATE Mon, 19 January 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw this car 6 months ago and also was given a ride in it!! and it was a beauty~~ and that was without a spoiler, and now... Shocked Good luck with the sale!!! Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - PRICE UPDATE Wed, 21 January 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

saw this car 6 months ago and also was given a ride in it!! and it was a beauty~~ and that was without a spoiler, and now... Shocked Good luck with the sale!!! Smile

Are you blind or just stupid? Did you notice the dodgy paint near the front bumper and in some other places??? Where in the ad does it mention the small missing dashboard pieces and the plastic bit for the rear bar? Question

If you are going to make a huge announcement that you are lowering the price... Don't take bits off it to do so. ie: the wheels. It's not really a price reduction because you aren't getting as much. No No No

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2004 06:36]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - PRICE UPDATE Wed, 21 January 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wheels aren't worth 1k... I'll sell the car for 6.4 WITH rims then. I think 600 is a significant price reduction considering that the car has only been advertised for a little over a week.

The stuff that is missing is the vent piece on the corner. 28bux from mazda brand new.
the left body mould in the rear is pretty bad.. grant you that.. The paint is still alright. Did you come and personally inspect by the way.. or did you hear from som1 else who did.
There is ONLY one body mould missing.. a small one too.

Honestly.. do you reckon this car is a ripp off? It's not like my original price was the benchmark for a flawless car..

I never said anything about this car being PERFECT... Why do people seem to expect that its perfect. When anyone calls me on the phone, I tell em straight what is wrong. I said it's in pretty good condition.. And I say this compared to other FCs. Because other S4 I've seen have chalky paint, and heaps of rust. There has to be a reason why the car is priced the way it is. Also, you can't expect the car to be flawless after 17 years can you.

When I said that there was no body damage at the moment.. I meant that there was no dents or gashes still left from the accidents.

Ask anyone... you wanna by a clean original FC.. It's over 10k for a STOCK series 4, and over 15k for a series 5.

I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. I've taken the rims off for a quick sale.. But if you want the rims.. the price stands at 6.4k.. That is still 600 bux off. A lot of ppl have comment how they don't like the rims anyways.

I personally think selling on a forum is difficult. The picture is only meant to give you a rough Idea.. Check it out in person, and then decide to buy or not. How about all those people on the trading posts?

It's not an ebay sale where you don't get to inspect. By all means.
I'm genuinely sorry if anyone thinks I am a prick or trying to jibb them cause I didn't mention these things.

rock on.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2004 08:13]

AkEaKe
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Wed, 21 January 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao

could you please send me an email?? I really would like to see your car. It means nothing if we can not see it ourselves.

my email address is stupid_fast@hotmail.com

please tell me when and where can I see it.

Thank you very much.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Wed, 21 January 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I did come and look at the car... I didn't go through it with a fine tooth comb but didn't need to. The cost of getting the RWC is the main issue, over a grand is a fair amount. The other issues are the respray job and the imperfections in the body that would also cost a lot to fix. By the time you RWC you'd be looking at not such a cheap RX7. Sorry, just my opinion. Confused

And, for the guy above... The car is in Yarraville.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Wed, 21 January 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh wells.. you are entitled to your own opinions..

rock on.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Wed, 21 January 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look... I think I may have been a little harsh. I don't know what needs to be done for the roadworthy but was told by my friend that you said over a thousand. Because it was second hand info, I should not have commented on it.

Upon reviewing my comments, I seem to have pointed out all the bad things I saw... Good things I saw was the overall look of the car... Pretty sweet. Also, the engine seemed pretty damn nice. Smile
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale Thu, 22 January 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if id have waited 3 more weeks i would of bought this car over my mk3! with out a doubt!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - ON HOLD Thu, 22 January 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck with the sale shcao!!

i dont see where people get off making less than positive comments, whoever buys this is getting ALOT of car for 6k, and it looks good too.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - ON HOLD Thu, 22 January 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks lang..

Yeah.. for the price, you often get a FC with a dying engine (be it NA or turbo), and just a tired stock series 4 body and rims, and a warped interior. No alarm, etc. Almost in all cases, no roadworthy....

And almost all the time, the standard S4 issues.

That's the number one drawback of the sale ATM, people want the car to be %100. And I'm trying to establish that it's not. If some of the small issues get ironed out it's a nice lookin daily driver.. not a drawdropping carshow/speed beast.

I mean in the trading post this week, there were 2 in my rough price range.

TRADING POST

Mazda RX7 1986 white, manual, Unfinshed project, engine need rebuild, series 5 int, Rego, call for more info, Great project $5900

The first one didn't say anything about the condition. Could be pretty average. I'm assuming the original interior was poor, that's why he replaced it.

TRADING POST

Mazda rx7 1987 silver, coupe automatic, 170000kms, cat back exhaust system, JVC CD, engine in excellent condition, no RWC $7500ono

The second one also says nothing about the condition. Just says it's got a strong motor, like mine and cat back exhaust.. But it's more expensive. Also, it's an auto.

I personally think it's alright considering that the car is an 17 y/o car now. And it's a fraction of the cost of a CLEAN turbo collectable (like yours). Also, it's got some new items and a whole heap of expensive series 5 parts.

But I am still having trouble selling it cause it falls short of peoples expectation. personally, I don't think the car is any way a ripp off.
Hope my sale goes well this sunday.
thanks all for the interest.
rock on.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 January 2004 22:33]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - SOLD! Sun, 25 January 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAR IS SOLD!.

Gone to a very good and loving home...
God bless her. I was sad to se it go. Neutral

I thank you all for your interest

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 06:46]

raynman
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Mazda FC rx7 for sale - SOLD! Wed, 28 January 2004 07:06 Go to previous message
For all those that are interested I have a red series 4 rX-7 that will be up for sale soon. Power everything, immobiliser, Good condition mechanically, body is good (apart from a couple door dings ), new g-grids, well maintained. Has ~195km (no more than that though), interior is very good (only a small tear on the drivers seat). Very nice car, fantastic looking and no accidents (I had it on a hoist the other day)

I will put more details up later if anyone is interested - in a new thread (genuine reason for sale)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TOYOTA HILUX
Next Topic:1970 Crown Runabout
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:14:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074160099029541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.