Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4AGZE_Sprinter
Newcomer

July 2002
icon9.gif  rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Sun, 14 July 2002 03:01 Go to next message
Hello Sprinter for sale in Canberra

This is a reluctant sale but unfortunately I've had a recent change in priorities and the Sprinter must be sold.

Background:

I am the 2nd owner of this 1983 Sprinter, I bought in july 2000, at that stage it had only 111,000 km's on the clock. Which is about an average of 5,000 km's per year. It was a collector/detailers car. He has got some classic cars in his collection. It was kept in immaculate condition. Anyway he eventually had to sell it and by a family car. So I bought it off him at the bargain price of $7,500. I was stoked it hardly been used and it was in perfect condition, I could of eaten out of the engine bay it was that clean.

Modifications done when I bought it:

They were mainly cosmetic because a classic car like this should not be covered in huge spoilers and lose it's character.

Momo Steering wheel and boss kit
leather gear knob
V4 Simmons mags (value $1,800 have receipt)
Dunlop Racing series tyres (fronts replaced last year, $220 each tyre)
Sunroof (very rare)
Lowered springs.

It was a top car but I want to improved the handling even further so out came the lowered springs and in went some custom King Springs and Koni Adjustable shocks so that the handling of the car could be tailored for any condition. The handling is now
amazing, sits very flat through the corners and is a great sideways machine when pushed hard. This was done at 130,000Km's Total cost of handling improvements $1,500

Anyway it was a great steel at $7,500 but after a while the 4AC just wasn't enough so I decided to put a 4AGZE in it but still keep the factory look in the bay as much as possible with a very neat professional conversion.

So the 4AGZE went in with a few extra features, at 133,000 Km's

Polished aluminium Surge Tank with two fuel pumps (VL Turbo)
180SX Radiator (large mult-core) with two 13 inch thermo fans to keep things cool.

The intercooler was front mounted with Full Mandrel bends.

the Exhaust system cost $1600 alone as it had top of the line straight through Cat, Muffler and full Mandrel piping.

The ABV was bipassed to stop any extra boost from bleeding.

an aftermarket strengthened flywheel, clutch and pressure plate were all put in, (It will not slip, no matter what end of story!!)

Total cost of conversion $8,000

General Info:

I service the car at least every 5,000 and look at things very thoroughly as this car is my pride and joy.

I don't know what else to say, it's a great car and a reluctant sale. it currently has 139,768 km's. I don't want to sell it. I don't know what priced to put down because I know I will disappointed no matter what happens, I'll be sad to see my project go.

Any serious offers or questions can be forwarded to my work email
gavin.chester@defence.gov.auor ring me and if you would like to know more, or come and see it, etc let me know.

Keep up the good work Toymodders

Gav
Home number
(02) 6236 9050

I think I've still got a Mpeg of it racing in Oran Park, keep up with those WRX's and 180SX's!!
  Send a private message to this user    
4AGZE_Sprinter
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Sun, 14 July 2002 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to answer a few of the common questions I've been getting

Colour:white with white sprayed plastic bumpers,

the body is perfectly straight, there's some paint
starting to flake on plastic spoiler due to flexing
but the body is perfect. I would recommend taking off
the front spoiler, sanding it back with wet and dry and
getting it resprayed. Or just fork over some dough at
a smash repair shop, it wouldn't be expensive.

I forgot to mention that it has a Clarion Cd player with
all the gear, remote, etc. they go for about $500, plus
two 10 inch woofers in the 3 way rear speakers. Alpine
2-way speakers are in the front. It's got plenty of bass.

The inside is in honest to God factory condition. No cracks
or fading on dash. It even has the new car smell. Don't
ask me why it does but it does.

my lowest price I am aiming for is 10,000, my best offer so
far is 8,500, I should be able to get some pics together soon.
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Sun, 14 July 2002 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought only 1985 models came with a sun-roof?
4AGZE_Sprinter
Newcomer

July 2002
icon7.gif  Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Sun, 14 July 2002 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's a fairly rare edition.

There are but a handful of the 1983 models with the sunroof around.

Whoever finally gets this little beast will own an excellent car in an awesome condition. It has only been driven by a handful of people. I don't let anyone else drive my car. Until yesterday I thought I'd better let my girlfriend have one drive. Wow it's got plenty of power even in 5th gear, going up hills... and wow look how quick it accelerates. She said all this and she hadn't even revved it over 4,000... (and that's where all the real fun begins.)
Simmo
Newcomer

August 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Fri, 09 August 2002 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

is this car still for sale?

Thanks

Simmo
4AGZE_Sprinter
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Fri, 09 August 2002 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Sprinter is still available for the right price. It’s not worth it for me to just give it away. The best price is still $8,500. I will consider a trade. I am looking at getting a small 4WD with low kms, if you got something really good I’ll even pay you the difference.
Simmo
Newcomer

August 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Fri, 09 August 2002 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which diff does it have?

what brakes does it use?

which ZE does it use?

Rego? does it need engineer cetificate for rego?

pics please?

ta
Boostzor
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Fri, 09 August 2002 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feel like swaping for 4k and a JZA70 TT Manual?

I perth though so they will need to be shipped. To tell you the truth i am drooling at the muth for this one it has been my dream car since god knows how long.(ahh no i dont care if you sell it to me or not;)

This is the coupe 2dr correct rear wheel drive?
4AGZE_Sprinter
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Wed, 14 August 2002 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

sorry that I don't get to reply to these posts regualarly. The brakes and diff are standard, it is currently registered in ACT and has been through inspection. It is not engineered yet but my mechanic seems to think that it wouldn't require much modification to go through, perhaps slightly larger brakes (which would be a good idea anyway). It has the AFM DLI 4AGZE with the larger cranky pulley. It's all set for getting turboed or just buy a nevo pulley for more boost.

I don't have a digital camera or a scanner but hopefully I'll be able to put some pics up soon, (sorry for the delay)

I really want to sell the car as complete but I'm quite happy to keep the stereo if you don't want it.

Gav
fuzz
Occasional Poster

August 2002

Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Thu, 15 August 2002 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
intrested in trading you car in
for a 180sx turbo
if so email me fuzz187@austarnet.com.au
4AGZE_Sprinter
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Mon, 26 August 2002 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello

Thanks for all those who have been interested in my Sprinter. It is now off the market. I may have found a suitable home for it, someone who is very genuine and willing to look after it. If however he's not interested in it (after seeing it)I will not be selling it anymore.

Thanks again guys

Cheers
Gavin

180SX for a Sprinter... hmmm. I think I'll stick with the Sprinter all the same. Thanks for the offer
4AGZE_Sprinter
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: rare Modified 4AGZE Sprinter for Sale Tue, 24 September 2002 07:30 Go to previous message
Hello

Sorry that I couldn't get any pics up for the Sprinter, the guy who was interested in it, is still tossing up between a Sprinter and a BMW. I'm in two minds about selling it as it's in such good condition and I haven't 'cashed in' on all the work I've done to it. For the right price I'll sell it, I realise that I'm after a lot, but then again it's one of the best Sprinters around.

I'm actually getting a digital camera soon so I might be able to get some pics of it posted soon.

Gav
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RC Buggy for sale
Next Topic:AE86 Sprinter for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 20:35:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049540996551514 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.