Toymods » General Car Talk » Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon1.gif  Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 11:06 Go to next message

Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal[ 65 vote(s) ]
1.Speed 23 / 35%
2.Handling 28 / 43%
3.Sex Appeal 14 / 22%

Give it up.. what do you look for in a car ?

Is it outright balls in a straight line ....

or is it ripping it round corners ....

or is it sex appeal ?

Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to find a sexy car, then make it turn real well... then make it hammer down a straight line..

well.... 2 out of 3 so far isnt bad.... damn gutless RA23 Razz
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its actually real hard to make that choice.... a car with all three characteristics would be the shit !

im thinking M3.....Porsche gt3 ... hmmm yes... a bit on the expensive side though
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 13:53]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why have a car that looks the shit if it goes as hard as a 1923 renault

"dude, nice car, u wanna race"
"nah, the 250kg of kit and 300kg of stezza is only off-weighted by my 6 inch zorst"
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philmelvin wrote on Sun, 11 January 2004 22:24

why have a car that looks the shit if it goes as hard as a 1923 renault

"dude, nice car, u wanna race"
"nah, the 250kg of kit and 300kg of stezza is only off-weighted by my 6 inch zorst"

huh ?

yeh i forgot practicality sorry dood.... but practicality is only for grannies and ppl with families.. both of which do not relate to me heheh !! j/k

that said.. i think my preferences have shifted from speed to handling now... so.. 2 followed closely by 1 Very Happy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 13:52]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ra60 has all of that. it wouldn't have number 3 if it wasnt bronze. Smile Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a car is an extension to my dick

im not gonna lie... Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
_Why_ wrote on Sun, 11 January 2004 22:55

a car is an extension to my dick

What dick? Confused
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would say sex appeal. It's gotta have other stuff, but the decider is sex appeal.

And when you say speed, do you mean acceleration? 'cuz top speed isn't important to me in a road car at all. If I have something that has trouble doing over 160, but hammers to 100 in 6 seconds, I would be more than happy with it.

So I would say Sex Appeal, followed by Handeling, then acceleration, then top speed.

... Then again, ask me tomorrow and it may be totaly different.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Handling. Once you understand handling, speed comes naturally, in any car. As for sex appeal, real women more appreciate a guy who can utilise fashion, food and intellect over a car, any day.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 00:31

Handling. Once you understand handling, speed comes naturally, in any car. As for sex appeal, real women more appreciate a guy who can utilise fashion, food and intellect over a car, any day.

indeed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why can't I have all three?

Seriously though, as cool as your car is, nothing pulls the chickies quicker than freshly having a shave and slapping on a small amount of nice aftershave.
Kahless
Regular

December 2003

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
handeling, acceleration then for it to be a sexy beast.
Like a bit of all 3. But I once thought my old bluebird was sexy so I obviously have no idea about sexiness
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 01:54

CLG wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 00:31

indeed

and... indeed ! Smiley =

i had a car with looks (rice lancer) and the (crashed) celica (accelleration)...

Now i realise that when u have a car with excellent handling (clio sport that i rode in) speed comes naturally.. too true !!

now to get my celica handling like that little bread box..

and as for sex appeal... just get a mullet and whack on some aftershave as JCMF advised Surprised ...
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sex appeal for sure. Why else would I drive a crown?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im a big fan of a sleeper, so ill go speed.

But i bought a MA61 so i guess its sexy in its own right and handles fairly well.

My car is for me, i didn't build it to impress any chicks. Hell most of them can't respect the amount of work put into it!

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a sleeper, sort of, so speed is number 1.

However, my next car will most likely be a jza80 or sw20 built to handle, hammer in a straight line and i don't think anyone would say that these cars don't have sex appeal!
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Sun, 11 January 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like has been said before with handling comes speed. So 2 followed by 1. Then once 1 and 2 are covered 3 is the next step to look at.
That being said when looking for a new vehicle (DD or project) the car has to have potential in the sex appeal department.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with handling sex appeal can come(getting bigger rims and better tyres and lowering)...
Mine has handling and i guess some sex appeal... but NO speed except round corners
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 02:14

Seriously though, as cool as your car is, nothing pulls the chickies quicker than freshly having a shave and slapping on a small amount of nice aftershave.

I reckon a ricey Lancer would have heaps more pull at 50 paces than some perfume....

Smile

As for sleepers, why does that word only apply to straight line?

There is nothing more satisfying than being beaten at the lights and then thrashing them through the twisties... Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark, you're forgetting the chicks worth having aren't attracted to Lancers Smile

My gf and some of our female friends have taken to calling them Prancers...brings a tear to my eye...so proud Crying or Very Sad
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Why can't I have all three?

Hmm I also asked myself this question and decided on the following (prbly not relevant in your case tho Razz)

1. I can never have number 3 due to the fact that the car just doesn't have it, and I don't think its possible to give it to it! (hey I'm a realist Laughing)
  2. With the 5M-E there is no way I can have number 1 either! (and I wont be changing that for a while yet)

From deduction I figure that I might as well get started on making my car achieve one of them so atm number 2 here I come (new wheels, lowered suspension, slightly better brakes in the works at the moment)

Very Happy

ps damn non sexy MX62 cressida

Cheers
Wilbo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, don't worry mate, thats the beauty of the human race, everyone is different. SOMEONE out there will find your car sexy Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

nothing pulls the chickies quicker than freshly having a shave and slapping on a small amount of nice aftershave.

so that's where I'm going wrong! maybe I should shave more than once a week
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 12:34

Nark, you're forgetting the chicks worth having aren't attracted to Lancers Smile

My gf and some of our female friends have taken to calling them Prancers...brings a tear to my eye...so proud Crying or Very Sad

97 Rice Lancer sold to 17 year old female p plater Smiley =
she was salivating when she saw my car (and me) and didnt even take a test drive and it was .. SOLD .. in 10 minutes

hehehe
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 12:52

nothing pulls the chickies quicker than freshly having a shave and slapping on a small amount of nice aftershave.

i dont need to shave more than once a week .... Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT4 has all three , thats for sure - but its emphasis is on handling as number one priority for me ..

I prefer a car that turns in , grips and brakes - compared to a 300kmh straight line lead nosed rocketship ..

much safer to then drive at speed ..
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regarding the looks. Exterior mods can make a car look tough, or pimping etc, not just sexy. I think my car looks pretty tough but definitely not sexy so I am happy Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 12:18

I reckon a ricey Lancer would have heaps more pull at 50 paces than some perfume....

Smile

As for sleepers, why does that word only apply to straight line?

There is nothing more satisfying than being beaten at the lights and then thrashing them through the twisties... Smile

BECAAAUSE most ppl who race only do so in a straight line !!! hence sleepers only refer to speed and not handling... and shutup bout the lancer already .. ! Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 09:53

draven wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 12:52

Maybe thats why you're only attracting 17YO's Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
17 = legal Cool
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 13:28

Les wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 09:53

Maybe thats why you're only attracting 17YO's Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy

No, he's just asian... Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 10:33

17 = legal Cool

17 = bloody useless and without a clue in bed!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn I feel sorry for the people who voted sex appeal. The car provides the speed and handling...but I bring the sex appeal (Yeah Baby!). You shouldn't need a car to provide sex appeal.

And most women like clean, shiny, practical cars. They will rarely see value in something that consumes your time and money in the way a modifed car does.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 14:02

BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 10:33

17 = legal Cool

17 = bloody useless and without a clue in bed!

17 = easy to pervert

hehehe

lumpy wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 14:07

And most women like clean, shiny, practical cars. They will rarely see value in something that consumes your time and money in the way a modifed car does.

Depends on the women you want to attract. Nod
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAH THIS IS A CACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im in tears !!

and since when is 17 legal !?!??!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
16 is 'technically' legal u dong
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And you know this how ?

muahhahahahaha Surprised
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your sister Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 14:27

your sister Laughing

hahahah

thats such a 17 year old comeback hahahaah Surprised
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are You..?[ 15 vote(s) ]
1.Drag Racer 3 / 20%
2.Drifter/Racer 5 / 33%
3.Poser 7 / 47%

Heres another poll that should end up with the same results Rolling Eyes

EDIT: The last option should be Poser/Cruiser

[Updated on: Mon, 12 January 2004 07:50]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im a 16yr old stuck inside a 21yr old's body!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 16:22

Im a 16yr old stuck inside a 21yr old's body!

AHhhahAHHAHhahahA Laughing
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not saying i'd like a car that does the 1/4 in 8 secs BUT has trouble turning a 10 degree corner or looks like a burnt out 180B, but if i had the choice to spend $10G on engine or susp/wheels or rice, i'd chose engine in a heartbeat, lotsa women get all wet over the sound of a BOV or dirty big V8, like my missus, she wants a really quick dore, and she loves flogging the tits off of the rona,

BTW, 16 is legal unless u r 5 years older, then it illegal i.e. 21 or younger, when shes 18 a 80 YO can hit her if SHE wants
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted sex appeal cause thats the first obvious thing you see when you look at a car. I don't meen sex appeal in a rice way either, I mean sex appeal in a nicely designed way, like my ra23. Then I'd go handling and power. Hopefully in 12 to 18months my silver/orange celica will have all three Smile
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Mon, 12 January 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the one of sex appeal is a bit ambiguous as different people will find different things attractive. At the very least if you have speed and handling you should have a car with a reasonable appearance i.e nice paint and no rust.
Bu ton the other hand i think its quite possible to make a car "sexy" without doing anything for speed/handling, there aren't many people that would. But some like their cars just to look nice and go driving in.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Tue, 13 January 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who are the 6 posers ??
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Speed, Handling or Sex Appeal Tue, 13 January 2004 04:02 Go to previous message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 12:20

Heres another poll that should end up with the same results Rolling Eyes

EDIT: The last option should be Poser/Cruiser

How can you combine drift with race? Don't you know drift is the slow way round a corner?!!!!!?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MORE PEOPLE LIKE "Ozzie"
Next Topic:g0t bling?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:08:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097410678863525 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.