Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Mon, 12 January 2004 12:06 Go to next message
Supercharged 3.8 V6
These things are meant to have about 190kw but they are auto.

This poofter was riding my arse all the way down a hill and when we got to the bottom where it splits into two lanes I moved over. We were doing 70 kays and I dropped down to third in case he wanted some action. And as soon as his front bumper was even with my rear I stepped on it. We were going back uphill by this time and even though he had maybe a 5-10 kph advantage at the beginning he didn't get much further past me. By the time we hit 120 he was 1-2 car lengths behind and I started braking to turn into my street. I was laughing hehehe that his 60k car was shitted on by something with less than half his capacity. And I have maybe a 300 kilo advantage.

HSV
I just DON'T want one
No No No
  Send a private message to this user    
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Tue, 13 January 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, l know what you mean. I take great satisfaction in blowing off most of the standard v8's and sixes. The expression on their faces is priceless. It's actually something like this icon. Shocked Oh, l drive a AE86 Sprinter with the 4agze from the AW11, 126kw @ 1000kgs, nice power to weight ratio. Cool
I am currently investigating the possibility of running a Turbo on this engine as well. more fun. Very Happy By the way, are you aware of where l can get my hands on the overdrive kit for the supercharger?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Tue, 13 January 2004 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 4agze MR2 will be blue slipped on thursday. I cant wait to have it on the road. It has a HKS exhaust system but stock other than that (not sure of exact HP overall)

What cars should I expect to give a good run??

I just hope i can blow most falcondores and commondorfs and maybe the odd WRX or two. Razz

cheers
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Tue, 13 January 2004 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr yota do you mean oversized pulley kit??
go to www.nevo.biz
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 14 January 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depending on the weight of your MR2, l can't see how it can be any heavier than an ae86 you will upset numerous ford holden nissan & mitsu drivers. Iv'e had some pretty decent battles with (in order of recall most recent first)TX3 turbo, 215 kw Commodore ss, 200sx, wrx, vl turbo(had his gf with him, and he lost), xr8 & xr6 and just about any other yahoo from the old school. Bigger is not necessarily better. Forced induction rulz!!! Very Happy
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 14 January 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my car has about 170 hp at the wheels (its been warmed over a bit)and weighs 1200kg with me in it.
I love it so much. I'm going to a track day soon so maybe I'll upset a few people ( I doubt it though, it'll be my first track day)

anyway, MR2's rock
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Thu, 15 January 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did you get 170hp at the wheels?? Thats pretty tuff....

cheers
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Fri, 16 January 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually bought it like that.
The guy who had it before me put in the 4agze from a AE101 corolla. With a custom intercooler and oversized crank pulley. I think it is running at about 12pounds max boost
I do not know if anything else has been done. It was dynoed and made a run of 174ps
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Sun, 18 January 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak the s/c aw11 mr2 scares a lot of other car owners. the 4agte aw11 is even better once your going. Twisted Evil
even the 4age version can hold it's own with some of them fords/holdens drivers.

old_mr2, standard wrx's are a snack. Evil or Very Mad
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Mon, 19 January 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, sorry wrong terminology. Thanks for the tip. It will be the first item on my shopping list. Smile
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Tue, 20 January 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What turbo did you use? Did you consider keeping the sc on and running the turbo as well? My mechanic down here has had alot to do with rally cars, and the nissan march in particular runs the 2 together. He reckons he can drag around 180-200kw out of a 4agze running the 2 of them together. There is also a kit available in japan apparantly that you can bolt straight on to do that conversion. Bloody exspensive though. Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 21 January 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak there was a twincharge kit available. good luck sourceing one now though.

i think about twincharge lots. might even try it one day, though i would have to save up for a bigger turbo than the T-25 i have now.. Smile
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 21 January 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So how does it go with a T25? What's the power output? I am serious about "twin charging" the sprinter mainly cause when l see turbo cars get up and go they make up alot of ground in a hurry when dragging, and on the move they tend to pull away. Crying or Very Sad I really want to have the best of both worlds. My mechanic says l should source a turbo from a GTST skyline 2.5 litre. As this will give me all the mid to top end go l could want. Problem is they're ceramic so there is a limit to the maximum boost before you have to consider a ballbearing type. Atleast that's what i've been told. Rolling Eyes Apparently it is not all that complicated as the sc can be turned off when the turbo reaches it's peak range of performance if you are running an after market computer. Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 21 January 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral and benjamin

I am after the best low/stiff spring setup possible
what would you recommend.

I want to ATTACK some roundabouts in my area

my GZE is a bit bouncy and it doesnt handle the way it should.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2004 08:53]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 21 January 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak suspension is something i have spent no where enough time on. yeah i am prity happy with the way my car handles, but i am sure it could be better.

i have lowered Kings springs all round, the front i have Gabriel gas shocks (priced some adjustable Koni's at work and it scared me off for a while. Shocked ).
the rear i have some adjustable shocks i got from a s/c half cut in Perth when i was living there. i do not know what brand name they are, some Japanese adjustable shock. they are starting to leak now, so it's time to start looking for new ones. i took my old ge rear sway bar off and replaced it with the slightly thicker s/c one as well.

before my comma i found most round-a-bouts a snack at 80k's, i am a little more dosile now and pick most of them at 60k's. though i still like fast corners, and am practicing that stupid drift thing that seems to be sweeping the globe.. Rolling Eyes

i thought it was so silly, but it's actually quite fun. Evil or Very Mad
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 21 January 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My cars just a daily driver and l haven't spent a great deal on the suspension, but it did handle pretty poorly when l first got it. I spent about $1000 a couple of years ago at peddars, getting heavy duty lowered springs,(i've got no idea who supplies them to peddars) and comfort gas shocks. It rides reasonably well for every day use, although l find it sometimes lifts the inside front in a tight roundabout at speed, but for the most part it's pretty bloody good fun. Might need to look at a better sway bar as mine is stock. Any suggestions. Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 21 January 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks feral
my shocks are fine for the moment. Unless I am confused I believe my car will handle a lot better with some lower/stiffer springs. Am I right??

Well I am going to try that first ....
cheers

How did you get a rear sway bar in the AW11 with a GZE. There is no room!!

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2004 11:07]

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Wed, 21 January 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 23:06

Supercharged 3.8 V6
These things are meant to have about 190kw but they are auto.

This poofter was riding my arse all the way down a hill and when we got to the bottom where it splits into two lanes I moved over. We were doing 70 kays and I dropped down to third in case he wanted some action. And as soon as his front bumper was even with my rear I stepped on it. We were going back uphill by this time and even though he had maybe a 5-10 kph advantage at the beginning he didn't get much further past me. By the time we hit 120 he was 1-2 car lengths behind and I started braking to turn into my street. I was laughing hehehe that his 60k car was shitted on by something with less than half his capacity. And I have maybe a 300 kilo advantage.

HSV
I just DON'T want one
No No No

well to be a picky prick, in the HSV's defence, he only has 180kw. And only costs 50-52 grand, for the VXII
Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Sat, 24 January 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2004 21:05

sway bar mate, not a strut bar. Smile
there is a strut bar available for the aw11 4agze though. i am trying to find a pic for you, thought i had one on my computer. it goes under the i/c and back up to the strut tower.

i can put a rear strut bar in mine now i have the gte, just gotta make one. Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Sat, 24 January 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 21:34

old_mr2 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2004 21:05

sway bar mate, not a strut bar. Smile
there is a strut bar available for the aw11 4agze though. i am trying to find a pic for you, thought i had one on my computer. it goes under the i/c and back up to the strut tower.

i can put a rear strut bar in mine now i have the gte, just gotta make one. Smile

Just thought of something really funny,
U can't have a bonnet scoop for the supercharger on a mid engine car....
The other thing is, if u wanted to run an intercooler, u could either put it on the front of the car, and run piping through the doors, (or under the car, make it look like a HUGE ASS 3 EXHAUST SETUP LOL) or stick the intercooler on the back of the car hahahaha....

Regards

Adrian
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Sat, 24 January 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak the AW11 has natural air flow from under the car up through the engine bay. the factory location of the 4agze i/c isnt in a bad spot, but could probably do with a little more airflow. relocating the battery and removing the battery tray helps bring more air up through the i/c.

best option for it is a w2a i/c set-up. Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HSV VX XU6 vs. 4agze mr2 Sat, 24 January 2004 23:20 Go to previous message
Freak feast your eyes on this..

http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/Products/CuscoRearBa r.htm
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:another trip out defect :)
Next Topic:corona had a busy night (skyline & VK SS)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 07:49:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057840347290039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.