Toymods » Track Talk » i have to pay for police stupidity

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae82rollaboy
Regular

May 2003
icon8.gif  i have to pay for police stupidity Fri, 17 October 2003 03:13 Go to next message
hey everyone, just thought that id have a whinge. i cant believe whats just happened...its such a f*cken nightmare!

dunno if people know, but about 5 months ago i smashed my old corolla at mt dandy, so i bought a completely stripped twincam chassis with twincam running gear in it. (no interior, waterlogged motor all in pieces, cut up loom, heaps of stuff missing, etc, etc) off a guy who told me he got it from stolen and recovered auctions.

i spen the last few months painstakingly putting everything back together, i got a rwc and i was trying to book the little beast in for rego, and the guy at vicroads (after i quoted the engine number) told me "its not coming up stolen and recovered like youre telling me mate--its coming up STOLEN! take it up with the cops" Shocked Shocked

so i f*cken spent a whole day at the cop shop, (the only good thing that came out of it was the fact that i found out the whole history of the car..)

anyways: the car used to belong to some chick who lives in noble park. it was stolen from dandy in feb last year, and racv paid the chick out $3500. a couple of months later it turned up completely stripped and trashed in some reserve in croydon..

the cops were called, but they "couldnt identify the car cos the compliance plates were missing and there was no rego sticker"

Skull - Mad *start of ranting* what the f*ck do i pay my taxes for? dont the fat f*cks know that theres such a thing as engine and chassis numbers? f*cken braindead morons *end of rant* Skull - Mad

so apparently, they couldnt identify it so they got some towing company to take possession of it, and this company sold it at stolen-recovered auctions to chris, who had it sitting in his backyard in geelong rusting away for nine months before selling it to me.

so now...because of the f*cken moronic Freak croydon cops, it still hasnt been declared "recovered" and its technically the property of racv.

so i have some racv motherf*cker Nope Nope coming to my house on monday and he wants me to "buy the car off racv" because its technically still their property.

i dont see why i have to pay for the car AGAIN!! but if i dont then he apparently has the right to repossess my car....and this is all after months of hard work, and heaps of money Smiley $$ that i spent on it.

hmmmmmmm, not happy jan. ive never been bosom-buddies with the cops, but i swear, their incredible stupidity never ceases to amaze me!

does anyone know what i could do to get out of having to pay for the car again?? i just mortgaged my left testicle just to save enough money for reg. i mean, because it technically WAS recovered, but the police didnt report it to racv, do i still have to pay the racv??

can someone help me out with advice???

===================cheers, roman===============================

[Updated on: Sat, 18 October 2003 16:09]

Send a private message to this user    
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sat, 18 October 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
question is, is the engine stolen or the car stolen?

roman, i think the auctions that chris bought it from might be able to help here - if they have an LMCT then they should be insured against this sort of thing so i'm told.

i'm in a similar predicament actually - i found a cheap sprinter and it turns out it still has finance on it - which used to be $200 about 10 years ago now it is several thousand - so am following this up.

lesson to be learnt here - it always pays to check for finance and shit prior to buying a car simply because some people don't do their job thoroughly enough.

i'll let you know how i go this week.

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sun, 19 October 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easy option is to tell them you sold the car and no they can't get the money from you.
They can't reposess your whole car if you just used their motor in it.
BTW How much money did you spend doing up the motor as you can say "i have spent $$$ fixing this up to get it into a usable condition so if you reimburse me that amount then you can have your motor back"
Fight it as hard as you can and let us know how it goes.

As for auction houses don't they have to guarrantee title when they sell something?Otherwise whats to stop a shitload of stolen goods going through the door to be sold?

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2003 08:43]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sun, 19 October 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or worst case scenario, strip it back to a bare chassis with an engine
give them that
then put all the good stuff you've worked on into another shell
but that's only if there's no way for you to keep it.
I'd definitly be saying you just used the engine

if you can pop-rivet some compliance plates from your old rolla into the new one and swap lisence plates. rego sticker etc, you can tell them the crashed one is the stole vehicle, and the good one is yours... and have rego and compliance to prove it Smile
ae82rollaboy
Regular

May 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sun, 19 October 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha draven, that is sooo dodgy but i've given it a lot of thought.

((in fact i've been driving around with the old rolla number plates and compliance sticker for a few months now, but that reg has just run out)) hmmmm dodgy dodgy dodgy Confused

theres no way to tell whether its just the motor that is stolen or whether the chassis is stolen as well because vicroads keeps no record of chassis numbers of cars made before 1989.

thats what screwed me up as well, cos when i bought it i ran the chassis number through vicroads and it didnt come up with any shite on it (how was i to know that the reason for that was that they didnt even have a record of it?? Mad )

but yeah grega, i'll definately have a look into whether the towing company has insurance for this kinda thing. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes P.S. good luck with your sprinter too Very Happy

thanks for all your help everyone...if anyone can come up with any other ideas that would be sweet.

anyways, i'll post up how the meeting with the racv clown goes tomorrow

===========cheers, roman======================================

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2003 10:58]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sun, 19 October 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats absolutely the worst situation ever... put the plates in your old one and run it into the river
see if they wanna recover it
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sun, 19 October 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well
if they only have records for the engine, rip it out, put it in your wreck, and tell them that's it Smile
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Mon, 20 October 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Roman to hear your story!

I hope you can solve it because your car's was looking great when we where going down the GOR...

Anyway best of luck.

Cheers.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Mon, 20 October 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easy way to fix that is to have A current affair or today tonite waiting in your front yard when RACV turn up Laughing Laughing

said in kevin bloody wilson voice: that'll fuck 'em

silly question: what does RAVC stand for again Rolling Eyes
ae82rollaboy
Regular

May 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Mon, 20 October 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

thanks zzt, pity it wasnt registered at the time.

anyways i spoke to the guy-he said he couldnt make it down today but he'd give me a call. he said the racv want $300 for it (i know its not a massive sum, but its $300 that i dont have, and if i did i would spend it on something more useful anyway Very Happy )

i also spoke to the stolen vehicle squad branch at knox, and they told me that they had records of finding the car, so i told the racv dude to take it up with them cos it was either them or vicroads who f*cked up..

so i guess we'll see what happens when he calls me back tomorrow. and if he still wants me to pay, that Today Tonight idea doesnt sound half bad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . hmmmm...i get out of paying for the car and im made to look like a little aussie battler hero on telly Laughing
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Mon, 20 October 2003 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should be ok man.......... if not...... get 5k for your story from ACA ot TT and you end up with $4700 in your pocket!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Tue, 21 October 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can just see your emotional interview now "Then the police officer.... touched my wee wee!"
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Tue, 21 October 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - Id fuck em back - ray martin Style !
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Wed, 22 October 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Sun, 19 October 2003 08:20

question is, is the engine stolen or the car stolen?

i'm in a similar predicament actually - i found a cheap sprinter and it turns out it still has finance on it - which used to be $200 about 10 years ago now it is several thousand - so am following this up.

Just be careful, there is a 6 year limit on claiming debts (thats 6 years from the last payment). If you haven't given them any money then I think you will find that they cannot prove their claim. Check it with a free legal service (or even one of those financial counsellors). After 10 years I wouldn't be paying them squat.

Just a point though, the fact that they have/had the title of the car as security may change what I have said above, not 100% but you should check it out. Otherwise join the original poster and call TT or ACA!!
ae82rollaboy
Regular

May 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Fri, 24 October 2003 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOOOHOOOOO!!

well guys, after a million and one phonecalls to every possible policehttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/aktion/action-smiley-028.gif/insurance branch i think they just got sick of me and signed the car over.

so the little beast is now all mine again! thanks for all your ideas guys. Very Happy

http://www.click-smilies.de/schnellauswahl/musik010.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/schnellauswahl/aktion033.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/schnellauswahl/musik010.gif
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Fri, 24 October 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, persistant annoyance - amazing what it will get you Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Fri, 24 October 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to whinge sometimes.... or you'll just get ignored.

In the words of the Dougs,
"You've got to stand up and be counted,
or lay down and be mounted..." Laughing

Isurance, councils, shops etc etc if you don't kick up a stink they'll just treat you like shit.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Fri, 24 October 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great news roman !

See - sometimes even the little guy can fuck over the big guys

Well done Smile

Kudos for effort buddy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sat, 25 October 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah thats awesome man!
If it were me, they woulda come over... taken all the good bits out of the car and sold them.. then crushed the remaining shell into a cube and beaten me up and thrown me into a river Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sun, 26 October 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done avoiding getting pimped by the system there mate Very Happy
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sat, 01 November 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and it only cost $250000.25 in phone calls too Laughing Laughing
Byatch
Regular

October 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Tue, 04 November 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would of said "see you ombudsman"
there are ppl out there who's sole job is to protect you from this kinda crap. don't forget they exist.

cheers
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Sun, 07 December 2003 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a little tip 4 ne1 gettign screwed over by a government department or partually due to them
your state and federal members will bend multiple ways to try and ensure you vote for them next time Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 07 December 2003 14:41]

SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Tue, 09 December 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if vicroads have said everything is clear and it isn't then the blame falls back on them... do you have it in writing when they said this. if you do then take it up with them.

apart from that. looks like your up shit creek. racv will want their money. maybe see if you can pay them off. $5 / week until paid off or something... atleast they are getting some money.

but there would have to be 1/2 dozin ways to go about this. talk to the police to find out your rights or what action you can take from when the auction guys sold the car. could fall back on them too.
could be that the guy you bought the car off was the one that sold it and was lyeing to you.

if you hastle and annoy enough people you will get somewhere.

good luck.
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Mon, 05 January 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
demand compo for the phone calls? Evil or Very Mad ..hey 10 bucks is 10 bucks
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: i have to pay for police stupidity Mon, 12 January 2004 17:15 Go to previous message
piss easy situation and easy to solve register the car in another state get the bastard blue slipped and regod in NSW then drive it back to where your from and transfer rego its like buying a statutory written off vehicle and re-registering it in another state it always works Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TE37 wins state Rally2wd title
Next Topic:84 rolla vs a mazda 323 and a 95 laser
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 13:41:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063240528106689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.