Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 02:36 Go to next message
The other day, my Ra23 decided that it didn't want me to steer anymore *pinion bolt came out*

left me standing looking like a tool, *not that hard* Razz

and a completely random guy comes over and asks if I need a hand...

I say sure this is what's happened - explain lack of steering..ec etc...

his reply:

"Its cool bet its this I used to have a celica just like this - cept TA.. no dramas" he pops the hood, looks at the steering, and says yep its this shows me whats wrong,
says "yeah should only cost about $10.00 from motormate so off we walk (five Min's away) I buy the part, he crawls under my car and does the fix...

then off he goes - back to waiting for his family...

*CHAMPION*

Paul if you ever read Toymods - then hit me up for some games for your new PC.

More then happy to help -- you saved me calling the RAA to fix a simple problem.!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wont find that in sydney
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its good to hear there are nice people about.

Brad
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last time I broke down in the middle of the road and was standing around like a dick some guy stopped 50m down the road walk up and asked if i was the FM104.7 fugitive (current radio promo at the time) and then proceeded to walk off.........
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh. Yeah nice to hear that some people out there are decent.
Old School wrote on Tue, 13 January 2004 17:07

The last time I broke down in the middle of the road and was standing around like a dick some guy stopped 50m down the road walk up and asked if i was the FM104.7 fugitive (current radio promo at the time) and then proceeded to walk off.........
But yeah, most people are only in it for themselves.

I should learn more about motor repair so I can help all these people I see on the side of the road.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know I'll stop and help where I can for people in future Smile

For sure.
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just buy a Honda and don't worry about breaking down!!!
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: wonderful kind people Tue, 13 January 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would flame that. but -- buy a honda?

Come on now.

Rolling Eyes
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: wonderful kind people Wed, 14 January 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Wed, 14 January 2004 09:54

Them's fightin' words. Twisted Evil
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wonderful kind people Wed, 14 January 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Wed, 14 January 2004 09:54

/delete /ban
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: wonderful kind people Wed, 14 January 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Wed, 14 January 2004 09:24

How about instead of buy a Honda - you put...

Just walk and not lower yourself to that level.

Buy a honda - pffft I'd rather strap a turbo to my back, whack a front mount ic on my tshirt and put on my rollerblades...

pffft buy a honda....

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: wonderful kind people Wed, 14 January 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23mad wrote on Wed, 14 January 2004 15:30

GRLTOY wrote on Wed, 14 January 2004 09:24

Buy a honda - pffft I'd rather strap a turbo to my back, whack a front mount ic on my tshirt and put on my rollerblades...

rotflmao
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: wonderful kind people Wed, 14 January 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

pffft buy a honda....

hahahahahahahaahhaAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was broken down on Windsor Rd at the M2 Exit when a radiator hose decided it had had enough of life..

no one stopped. Sad AND THEN when I drove up the shoulder to get the the Caltex servo in rush hour I was getting the finger and about a thousand horns the whole way. Morons. If YOUR car was overheating wouldn't YOU drive up the shoulder too?

anyway, my rant Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: wonderful kind people Wed, 14 January 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
long story: while at uni i had a honda CB400 motorboke for transport.

went to party on edge of town (toowoomba) planning to get drunk and sleep there. was the student union prez's house and i was editor of student newspaper at the time.

got full of booze at which time all these army jerks (from oakey army aviation base) turned up.

not wanting to be part of anything unpleasant and most of the crowd now consisted of unknown wankers i just had to leave (even tho was way too pissed to drive).

got about 100 metres from house, found a steep hill and proceeded to brake heavily (dunno why, was rainy/foggy), then slid down hill along with bike (thank you for full-face helmets) instead of riding the bike down the hill.

woke up on side of road with bike on its side still trying to run on one cylinder.

got bike on stand off road, try to work out what the fuck just happened (i think i breifly passed out when i fell off).

car full of AJ's (some still in uniform) pull up, windws down window and asks if Ross (student union prez) was still at the party? i say i donno, they then drive off up hill to party.....

not one question like 'are you alright' or 'do you know you thumb is bent the wrong way and there's no skin on you left knee' ...

had to walk up hill back to party an find room to sleep it all off - the AJs had eaten all the food

consolation? bike was where i left it, headlight bulb still worked, and only half the indicators were broken.

so, there's wonderful people out there. would be nice if they find me when i prang next time Wink
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: wonderful kind people Thu, 15 January 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23mad wrote on Wed, 14 January 2004 12:30

pffft buy a honda....

I don't dare ask where you'd be getting the exhaust gas to power the thing??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: wonderful kind people Thu, 15 January 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FART POWA!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: wonderful kind people Thu, 15 January 2004 09:36 Go to previous message
not that i'd be much use
but i'm too scared\paranoid(and i'm not a small guy) to stop and help people stranded at night
during the day i dont mind helping if its in a populated area...but if it looks suss i wont even think about it
too many idiots\psycho's around :/

i remember when a friend of mine was held at gunpoint on this guys front stairs for kicking over his wheelie bin :/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Time speed
Next Topic:Easternats cancelled!!! WTF!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 16:49:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061237812042236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.