Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 10:04 Go to next message
I just had my car tuned today on the dyno. I've got 1jz with 3" exhaust, FMIC, Haltech e6k and 15.5 psi boost. I had a few drivability issues such as part throttle and getting the aircon to stop stalling the motor at idle etc. Anyway I had it tuned by Matthew Spry, formerly of Chiptorque, at Performance Injection Tuning Service(P.I.T.S.0411340033)and I am totally over the moon with the way the car has been tuned. The drivability is fantastic, it comes on boost earlier and he found an extra 20kw at the wheels for a total of 230kw at 15.5 psi. I'm rapt. I can highly recommend this guy and his price was very good in my opinion, $250 for about 2.5 hours work. BTW I have never met the guy before today. I just thought I'd post this as nobody has posted their dyno figures and for the recommendation.
Rich
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that 230rwkw or at flywheel?
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the wheels.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shootout mode?

other wise respect Wink
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent results. As far as tuning goes, word on the street is that he is the man to see. He's done some great work on friends cars.

As a comparison, Norbie is running a 2JZ with a standard ECU in his Supra and is making slightly less power - at 19psi!

This strengthens my case for him to get a real ECU Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your case will be strengthened further when you donate the required $5000. Razz
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5 GRAND!!!

geezus what is it gold plated and massages ur balls while u drive???? Shocked
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Thu, 15 January 2004 01:09

5 GRAND!!!

geezus what is it gold plated and massages ur balls while u drive???? Shocked

Yep. Also cookes toast and fries eggs for ya, and doubles as fold out bed for when you get sleepy in your car.
slylux
Regular

January 2003
    nup
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the diff with shootout mode ??
i got my 1jz dynod on shootout and i thought i would get alot more ..
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i know, Shootout mode is just a little bit easier to make bigger numbers. Remember all dynos are different. Good figure none the less.

Norbie: you thinking Motec for the 2jz? Can you run an LTX12 on a 2j? Quite a few people have some pretty good results with them on 1jz.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slylux: I thought you got yours tuned on a Dynopak? Does Dynopak have a shootout mode?
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Wed, 14 January 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supra1jz: Now you need some dual dumps, you might get the power up to that supposedly unobtainable standard turbo 250rwkw Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$5k was a figure I pulled out of thin air, but the point is I don't have the money to spend on a new ECU, especially when my existing ECU works just fine and my car is already doing mid 12's!

How much is an E6K these days anyway, including loom and all the other required gear? Once you've paid for this plus a good tune plus larger injectors (you'd be nuts not to do that at the same time) I'm sure you're looking at a fair bit of money...
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice numbers, you've got to be happy with that.

I made 234rwkw on 14psi and 227kw on slightly less boost with no cam timing changes, 3" exhaust and ARE intercooler. Engine was a 2jz with 6 speed.

http://www.turbosupras.com/images/dyno%20&%20quarter%20mile/jbs/Dyno%20Sheet%203.jpg

A friends car, JZA80, zero modifications, 6 speed trans. He made 179kw.

http://www.turbosupras.com/images/dyno%20&%20quarter%20mile/mpl/Dyno%20Sheet%201.jpg

Both runs were done on the same day, 1 car after the other.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice curves, but the torque curve is a little odd ???

I hate Dyno printouts that have the road speed and not RPM, as it can tend to invalidate the data somewhat as well.

Any idea at what revs peak power was ?

Cheers

Michael B
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine was done in 5th gear (3.73 diff), the other was done in 4th due to 5th (1:1) overspeeding the dyno.(3.23 diff)

Power was 5600rpm from memory.

We couldn't get an RPM signal at the time of having the cars dyno'd, however later on I found you have to bridge 2 of the connectors on the check plug for the output of the crank sensor to give a readable signal, thus road speed has been used.

Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Good stuff, Rich. Must be fun to drive Cool . Do you have any pics of the car? Also, what gearbox are you using?

Well done.

Justin
JZA61

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 15 January 2004 10:13

How much is an E6K these days anyway, including loom and all the other required gear?

this place advertsies the E6X at a touch under $1700
http://www.tweakit.com.au/haltech/web_haltech_e6x- aus.htm

The kit includes:

Haltech E6X ECU
Flying lead wiring loom
Fuse Block
Air Temp Sensor
Coolant Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
Serial Cable
Instruction Manual
Software
2x Power Relays
Haltech Stickers (most important part)

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
230Kw is very impressive.

I currently have a MicroTech, 3" Exhaust System, larger intake. small choked stock intercooler and I'm getting 185kw at the wheels. Mine is running on around 12-14PSI.

So when I get my large FMIC I can expect 230 at the wheels with a touch more boost and tuning?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is a 45rwkw increase! so about 60kw at the fly. If a good intercooler can do that, it will be the next thing on my shopping list!

Somehow, i don't think it is possible though Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Thu, 15 January 2004 07:13

as far as i know, Shootout mode is just a little bit easier to make bigger numbers. Remember all dynos are different. Good figure none the less.

This is incorrect, it's not easier to make bigger numbers at all. Shootout mode is for making all the Dyno Dynamics dyno's produce the same value based on the theory of fixing the variables for each time and adjusting for the ambient temperature, in theory (and it works when used properly) it can produce the same or similar results on every dyno.

YES it can be fooled into reading higher by boosting up the temperature (placing it near an exhaust) but when used properly there are a lot less variables to make the figures look bigger...

I'm sorry if that was long-winded but I'm sick of the hearsay that goes on about it, if only people actually read exactly how it works before commenting they would realise it is a good thing!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't make me crush you nathan Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RESPECT Nathan
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i stated above, all dynos are different and they should not be used for bragging rights. (no offence) However, they are definitely a good tuning tool and he should be happier about the increase than the total figure.

MPH down the quarter mile is a better way of comparing power IMO or just race someone Smile That should settle the comparison Smile
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

This is incorrect, it's not easier to make bigger numbers at all. Shootout mode is for making all the Dyno Dynamics dyno's produce the same value based on the theory of fixing the variables for each time and adjusting for the ambient temperature, in theory (and it works when used properly) it can produce the same or similar results on every dyno.

YES it can be fooled into reading higher by boosting up the temperature (placing it near an exhaust) but when used properly there are a lot less variables to make the figures look bigger...

I'm sorry if that was long-winded but I'm sick of the hearsay that goes on about it, if only people actually read exactly how it works before commenting they would realise it is a good thing!

Agreed! Very Happy There's a lot of bullshit out there about shootout mode inflating figures. A dyno is just a tuning tool anyways....... why worry about "mine makes 185kw" vs "mine makes 205kw" ?

HOWEVER: Hopefully we will all be at the dyno day this sunday to guage our cars against similar ones on the same dyno on the same day Smile Its all good......

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 15 January 2004 14:07

Haha, I'll just sick Steph onto you Smile
supra1jz
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe I opened up a can of worms there didn't I?LOL. Forget the power figure, what I really wanted to convey was how much better the drivability had become after having a top tuner map the Haltech, it's just made so much difference. The car comes on boost so quickly and with a real rush that it never had before except probably when I was in Tas. and it was really cold(that's a real eye opener with such cold, dense air). I posted because a fair few people have been asking who to tune their cars and I knew Matthew Spry would be good after spending so long at Chiptorque and I wasn't mistaken.
Celica Sue:Standard w58 g/box and yes the car is so much fun to drive it's not funny.
When I get back to Tas. in a few weeks I'm going to run it on the strip and see what times it will do. I'm hoping for a mid 12 which I think is realistic.
Rich
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 15 January 2004 18:14

BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 15 January 2004 14:07

Haha, I'll just sick Steph onto you Smile

surprised you didnt try bring your mummy into this
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do I need to, he's already going to cop a hiding from Steph when he gets here Razz
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of getting there

when i'm back over that way, your frikken car better be ready, or you'll be the one copping the hiding Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, when you coming?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
22nd october Smile

haha car was meant to be finished before i get there. So i'll slap him up for that.

Now the little man has called in his mobile bitch slap unit to issue some smack downs. ooooh scared.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 January 2004 09:05]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from memory it was supposed to be ready by christmas Razz
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supra1jz,

What sort of Diff are you running? I have a W57 behind my 1JZ, and a non LSD. So I think I will put a JZA70 LSD in, then when the gearbox goes a steel(?) W58.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't specify which Christmas did I? Razz Haha, Steph already wants to give you a beating for dissing the "all-powerful" Matiz Razz
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure many people are capable of saying "all-powerful" and matiz in the same sentence.
atleast it has a strut tower brace thingo....beats my "beast" in that department.

depending on several variables i'll grace Perth once again with my appearance somtime between the arse end of July(my B'day) and Christmas.

as a side note....i'm quite partial to an ass whooping from the female members of our race...so tell her to BRING IT ON Razz
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Thu, 15 January 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone notice something wrong with this thread(apart from my inability to spell correctly or use grammar)?

Its considerably off topic....and cool1 hasnt contributed... Confused
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Fri, 16 January 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this guy in Sydney or Brissy? Def keen to get mine re-tuned.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Fri, 16 January 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brisbane\gold coast i'd say
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Fri, 16 January 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supra1jz
Occasional Poster

.... been to OPSM lately? Very Happy

Good power! Yet to dyno my heap.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE-Ma61 Supra on Dyno-Results!!! Fri, 16 January 2004 05:13 Go to previous message
hahahha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 conversion question
Next Topic:De-chipping Jap-spec GT-Four ECU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 10:21:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083160400390625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.