Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Wed, 14 January 2004 11:28 Go to next message
Both are sensational and have soft spots with me.....lets get dirty, sort it out, whats better?
  Send a private message to this user    
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Wed, 14 January 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://subzero64.hypermart.net/images/n64_select_top.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2004 11:46]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Wed, 14 January 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.gamespy.com/legacy/top10/quartercrunch/kombat.jpg
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Wed, 14 January 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always thought the street fighter characters had more... character. I also though street fighter's game play was more interesting. And I thought the graphics where better in street fighter. The moves they did looked cooler. The Mortal combat moves all looked kinda stupid, especialy the jump kicks and high punches.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Wed, 14 January 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about final fight for snes?

Love my mortal kombat though...am actually d/ling the games as wek speak Razz
Stumbles
Regular

June 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Wed, 14 January 2004 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing will ever be as good as Double Dragon !
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Wed, 14 January 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have been a huge MK fan since they came out (I was 9:)) and continue to impress. Have owned everyone and loved them all!

I never liked the cartoony street fighter graphics but it was alright.

P.S Double dragon rocks as well!
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Thu, 15 January 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who can forget Golden Axe too Razz

Dead or Alive on the Playstation isn't bad... crap gameplay, but boucing boobies are always a plus Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Thu, 15 January 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
golden axe ruled, except i hated the lead guys jocks kinda thingies. mortal kombat had the sinnersterness which everyone seem to love. see i dunno which characters i loved more, ryu was awesome coz his moves and kaias were cool(ha do ken etc) but then again scorpion was pretty brutal. lol the jump kicks did look shit, i forgot about that. i had a megadrive Very Happy
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Thu, 15 January 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the above post is mine, i suck, im at ryleys house, Embarassed
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Thu, 15 January 2004 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guess what sits next to my PC in my our third bedroom......

http://caesar.logiqx.com/images/cabinets/umk3.png

hours and hours and hours of fun. My mates come over we have huge tournaments and get pissed Razz

only 500 bucks to buy....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Thu, 15 January 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't understand the whole MK attraction. Sure it's fun, but I allways thought street fighter was just a better game in general.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Thu, 15 January 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Street Fighter by many million degrees. The gameplay was awesome. MK just had pretty graphics and lots of gore to make up for the fact that it was unresponsive and had crap gameplay.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Fri, 16 January 2004 09:10

Street Fighter by many million degrees. The gameplay was awesome. MK just had pretty graphics and lots of gore to make up for the fact that it was unresponsive and had crap gameplay.

MEH !

MK rules. well it did. until I grew out of it.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Street Figher by a lightyear. I agree with Nark.

Ultimately tho I'll just play my Soul Calibur II on cube tho thanks Smile
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk for me Smile

does anyone remeber streets of rage on mega drive. That game ruled
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indiana jones and the fate of atlantis.

does anyone have a version of this game to work on a windows system? coz its fucking awesome....

even though its not mk or sfII

and mk was better.... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having played both for 100s and 100s of hours, I'd have to say street fighter...

The controls are more responsive, and there is more technique.

Also, everything seems timed very well, which makes it a very fair and playable game.

I'm talking about street fighter II world warriors, Street Fighter2 champion edition, Street Fighter 2 hyperfighting, and street fighter 2 new challengers.

The later are good, but not as great.

Though mortal combat is great fun nonetheless..
And Sonia Blade is a hot chick! Smile Smile (good bless bridget wilson)

but kylie minogue as cammy mmmmmm Smile Smile

rock on.
Grinder
Regular

June 2003

Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mortal Kombat is more skilled as you have to put together the punch/kick combinations yourself where as street fighter you press a 3 or 4 button combination (eg down left right punch) and it does a 'combo' which is actually one move.

Mortal Kombat has Sub Zero and Scorpion... i mean ryu, ken and Guile are cool and all but the Lin Kwei(sp?) ninja clan kicks ass.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the characters have more intrigue in MK. Anyone ever stay up late to watch the MK series on TV ?
I know I did, went round to a mates place every night. Wasn't the best acting, we just watched it for the characters and the memories. I think they must of had the budget cut out from underneath the filming because it ended so abruptly it was not COOL.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Fri, 16 January 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah.. that show was semi good, semi gay
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Sat, 17 January 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 16 January 2004 23:04

indiana jones and the fate of atlantis.

does anyone have a version of this game to work on a windows system? coz its fucking awesome....

even though its not mk or sfII

and mk was better.... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

you can get it off edonkey.. although its an utter bitch to get working in windows with sound.
i gave up on getting sam & max and DOTT to work on win xp and installed win98/dos on my other pc just so i can play it.

edit for topic: MKIII is one of my fav games, i liked the first two but 3 just felt a lot better. The whole feel of the game and the way the punches connect in my opinion (how ever little that matters) was more exciting.
the only fighting game that is better (not including side scrolling) is soul calibur 2. fqwagads!

[Updated on: Sat, 17 January 2004 00:47]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Sat, 17 January 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grinder wrote on Sat, 17 January 2004 00:53

Mortal Kombat is more skilled as you have to put together the punch/kick combinations yourself where as street fighter you press a 3 or 4 button combination (eg down left right punch) and it does a 'combo' which is actually one move.

Err... Street fighter (like just about every other decent fighting game) is all about stringing together combos...
Everyone must know the Ken/Ryu "jump - heavy punch - down - medium kick - light hook" combo...

Oh, and yeah, HyperFight was the best.
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Sat, 17 January 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
streets of rage fn rocked man! i loved that, had one and two, i finished them too quick tho...axl was the man...wasnt a big fan of rollerblade boy...the wrestler was a megatron.

the ninjas in mk were stupendous to the pepsi max, i pretented to be them for so many years....dont know how many times i wore gay turtle neck skivies to put them over my mouth. both games evoke different feelings i guess. sould caliber is cool, i dont know how to get passed this cage match tho in adventure or whatever it is mode, think i have to do are combos or something....sounds pretty simple but none of my 'air attacks' ie. fly kicks do any damage. who knows, if anyone has finished the game post me back and ill type specifically what i need to know.

grant
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Sat, 17 January 2004 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sc2 comes down to good button mashing Cool

streets of rage: megadrives finest.. ive seen some of the music around in midi format.. ill try and find the links
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Sat, 17 January 2004 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try..

www.edgeemu.com

they've got LOTS of megadrive and SNES games. MK3 and SF2 New challengers will be in there somewhere.

Also, if you want the original arcade rom..

go to "emulation central" (type it in a search engine somewhere)..
they've got all 45 early 90's capcom games..

SCHWEET Smile
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Sun, 18 January 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T APLUS 22 wrote on Sat, 17 January 2004 07:18

yeah the characters have more intrigue in MK. Anyone ever stay up late to watch the MK series on TV ?
I know I did, went round to a mates place every night. Wasn't the best acting, we just watched it for the characters and the memories. I think they must of had the budget cut out from underneath the filming because it ended so abruptly it was not COOL.

http://hot.ee/mortalconquest/mortal_kombat_conquest.jpg

I used to watch it every night till it got pulled!
The acting was crap but who cares.

Noob Saibot had the best moves in the show.

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat Sun, 18 January 2004 13:14 Go to previous message
NINJA TURTLES Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone remember Robo Story?
Next Topic:mullet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 11:46:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054709911346436 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.