Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 03:58 Go to next message
im installing my amp right now, but i dont know what one of the wires on the disgram is for, or where to connect it to. its the blue one.

http://www.geocities.com/wills_unwritten_law/wiring0001.JPG

thanks
Will

[Updated on: Sat, 17 January 2004 03:59]

Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yo, Will... having problems? (BTW: I can't see your pic.)

With the amp there's only a few wires...

Constant positive input. That should be a mega fat wire connected directly to the battery. With a fuse as well though.

Earth or negative wire. Should be just as fat as the positive one and connected to the chassis.

and a Switched positive input. This is used to tell the amp when to turn on (it is a thin little wire because all it does is operate a relay)... some head units have awire labelled REM (remote amp turn on) but if your's doesn't this Switched positive wire should be connected to the accessories wire or switched positive.

The headunit uses a similar wire to tell it to turn on when the key is turned to Accessories... The same thing should be done for the amp... Use the same wire... That way whenever the headunit is on, the amp is on.

Hope that made sense... Try to get the pic to work... I may be off on a tangent. I dunno.

Simon.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, i think i should be able to do it now. i tinhk the pic doesnt work coz i only have a geocities account.
Will
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got the pic to work, cut and copied the link. Smile

Did you put your headunit in? Confused If so, you will know which wire is your switched positive... Just connect one end of the thin blue wire to the switched positive and the other end to the amp at the REM connector. I can't remember what it is labelled as on that Sony amp. Confused
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Off a head unit the wire is usually a blue wire (somtimes with white stripe) other wise you *can* run it off the ignition wire (red) that switches on the unit. (this method may result in feed back)
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the one, is it necessary to have this wire hooked up for the amp up to work? coz i havent done it yet (i thought it might might work without), and the power light on the amp doesnt come on.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The purpose of this wire is to tell the amp to switch on... If it is not connected, the amp will not turn on. Confused
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, thought so. ill fix it up tomorrow. thanks for the help, and the amp.
Will
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some rca leads will have this remote wire moulded into them, so it's less mess and easy to connect. If you haven't purchased yet look for this.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: amp install help Sat, 17 January 2004 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sat, 17 January 2004 19:09

Some rca leads will have this remote wire moulded into them, so it's less mess and easy to connect. If you haven't purchased yet look for this.

That wire is not to a trigger
It is for a ground loop to eliminate feedback
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: amp install help Sun, 18 January 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all up and running, thanks guys.
Will
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: amp install help Sun, 18 January 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, it sounds good. That's cool, glad to hear, enjoy. Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: amp install help Sun, 18 January 2004 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sat, 17 January 2004 19:10

The purpose of this wire is to tell the amp to switch on... If it is not connected, the amp will not turn on. Confused

HAHAHHAHA Smiley =
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: amp install help Mon, 19 January 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does that mean that you could just wire a switch up to this, therefore being able to operate the stero without the amp (this might be an idea late at night for me)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: amp install help Mon, 19 January 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Mon, 19 January 2004 14:38

Does that mean that you could just wire a switch up to this, therefore being able to operate the stero without the amp (this might be an idea late at night for me)

You could, but it would be stupid, pointless, and possibly bad for the amp
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: amp install help Mon, 19 January 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know, putting a switch on the accessories power going to the amp would only stop it from switching on. Shouldnt damage it although I dont know what happens when the rca signal is sent when its not switched on.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: amp install help Tue, 20 January 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing happens to it, thats what was happening when i didnt run the accesories cable, and the rca was running to the amp. the amp just didnt turn on, hence, the sub wasnt going.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: amp install help Tue, 20 January 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the blue wire is the remote wire. i tells you amp to switch on when you cd player turns on. the diagram is a little confusing as it runs it to the firewall for some reason???? maybe a dual wire remote. that is one runs from the deck to the amp and the other from the deck to the earth. however if this is the case its wrong as you should always wire an earthed remote to the same earth as the amp. dont wory about earthing it is not neccessary.

the remote wire on deck is usally blue and sometimes labellled or has a different female spade terminal on it. run that wire to the remote terminal on the deck.

hope that helps
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: amp install help Tue, 20 January 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, but i got it now, i just connected up the accessories wires. dunno what that firewall shit was. i just connected it to the wires on the back of the headunit.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: amp install help Tue, 20 January 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the picture that has the blue wire running to the firewall is the remote turn on for the Antenna, this is used for some type of head units/antenna that raise as soon as the Head Unit is turned on. Newer models have another output for the Antenna. It raises the antenna only when the radio is switched to, and lowers it when a CD is playing.

As for the RCAs coupled with the extra wire: some brands use it as an earth however some use it as the remote power switch.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: amp install help Wed, 21 January 2004 09:49 Go to previous message
I can't see how it would be bad for the amp, adn i don't think it would be stupid or pointless, well i supose i could just turn the volume down, yeah i will do that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RIGOLI WRX 8.98
Next Topic:fully sik civic dorifto
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 08:11:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074210166931152 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.