Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
icon2.gif  RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Thu, 08 January 2004 02:36 Go to next message

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Hey Peoples,

The car is a 1981 Toyota Celica (RA40) Liftback, with an 18-RC engine and 5 speed manual.

As I am just starting year 12, I'm not going to get a chance to work on her anymore. And my parents need the space in the garage.

The car itself has just had a new radiator ($200) and a master brake cylinder ($250) installed less than two months ago. New coolant and oil has also been added very recently.
Almost all the rust has been removed and the car has been sanded back in preperation of a repsray. The car also comes with a carbon-fibre look and blue gear knob, and alloy pedals. The interior has had the majority of the panels resprayed black, also.

The car was bought as a project and as a result has been driven less than 50k's in 6months.

The engine is a little tired, but I'm sure could be brought back easily enough if you knew what you were doing.

All up, I've spent almost a grand on the car, so there is very little to do for a roadworthy.

The car is in Somerville in Victoria, but I would be prepared to tow (within reason).

$350 neg.

Call 0411 33 55 49, or email shanebak@iinet.net.au, ask for Shane
  Send a private message to this user    
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
icon2.gif  Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Tue, 13 January 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump! Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im looking for a project car, is it in running order?
Unfortunatley i live in nsw, so im not sure how i would pick it up. IF you got any pics u can post them here or e-mail me at keith_moore64@hotmail.com
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi There,

I do have a few pics - the car is drivable, but i dont know how you would get it interstate though. Here are a couple of photos of her anyway Smiley =

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2914
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2915
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2916

Attachment: 1.jpg
(Size: 47.41KB, Downloaded 216 time(s))
Attachment: 2.jpg
(Size: 52.16KB, Downloaded 216 time(s))
Attachment: 3.jpg
(Size: 44.74KB, Downloaded 209 time(s))

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The price is very decen.t and its just what im looking for in a project car.
However i won't be able to drive the car untill i get my green Ps (thats april), plus i have to figure out how to get down there to pick it up.
But i am definatley interested.
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats great to hear - I am glad someone shares my passion also, I only wish I had the time to work on her further. At present, the car won't pass a roadworthy - so I'll have a think also about how you would be able to collect the car. I can take more pictures etc if you would like more specific photos too.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoops double post!

[Updated on: Sat, 17 January 2004 07:20]

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some shots of the engine bay would be cool.
Yeah it would be a real problem in transporting it, getting it towed would probaly be the best option, but im not sure what the costs would be in towing a car 1000+kms
anyone got a towtruck?
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm - i am not sure of the costs either for a towtruck, i am thinking it would be pretty expensive... i'm going away for a week tomorrow - will be back next sunday sometime, so we can see wat we can come up with in that time.

I'll be thinking! Smiley =
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its either that, or do whatever is necessary in order to get the car roadworthy, then get rego for it.
THEN in order to pick it up i would need some way to get to vic (train perhaps).
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i wont be able to get it roadworthy quickly - thats why i am selling it because i dont have time to do it anymore unfortunately, otherwise i would continue with it and use it myself!
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hire out a Car Trailer or Truck, get yourself or parents to drive you there, pick it up.. go home Smile
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would a 2nd gen forester have enough towing power tho?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sat, 17 January 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its driveable you can get just a permit on it

now theres a gray area i have not been able to get an answer on is if a vic permit is ok in nsw.. and a nsw permit ok in vic???

To get a permit in vic you just pick up the phone pay $35 or so by credit card and thay fax it to you

in nsw to get a permit you require a pink slip $50-$100ish (a few tubes of no-more gaps and a $2 spray can of primer to gheto up the rust holes Smile and to stand in line for hours while thay treat you like a criminal at the rta branch
and another $65... but you do get a sticker! how nice of them!

basicly if its driveable and the headlights work go for it just pick up 10ltrs of cheap k-mart engine oil and the same ammount of water and basic tools you should be right as long as the timeing chain is not toooo sad on the 18r

and i suggest you jump on a virgin... of both types but in this case a plane type for $50 and fly down grab the car and drive up keep ya mobile phone with ya incase it shits itself and you doo need someone to come grab ya!

Allan
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds excellent - i wonder how you'd find out if you'd be able to drive using just a VIC permit? I am pretty sure it would make it to NSW, it blows a bit of smoke at high rev's but it starts first time, idles forever and doesnt cough and splutter when accelerating etc so i reckon it would make it.

I'll definitely look into this permit thing for ya asap (leaving for camping this arvo BUT will try before then) cos that sounds like a really good option. Very cost effective too.

The other thing you could think about is get your parents to drive down here, then have someone driving the Celica, and someone driving your parents car behind it so if any problems occured, you'd have the other car and people there with ya the whole way.
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also - just had a look at your car towing specs, without knowing exactly what year and model of your car i couldnt find exactly, but the celica weighs approx 1000kg, perhaps slightly more so it is borderlining your car's towing capacity.

Whats the specs of your Forester and i'll let you know if it can tow the car on a trailer or not?
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a good idea, i will check the specs.
I like the permit idea too, so im pretty sure i could work out a way to get it to syd.
Im now shoping for a 3S-GTE.
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome - yeah you should be able to get it there no probs.

3S-GTE eh? Nice engine that! Cool Is that going into the Celica? or into another ride?
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably the celica, since it would be the car more needing of the engine, and i keep the camry as daily driver.
Can i get some pics of the engine bay, interior and boot, also how is the car off for rust?
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah yes - with that engine, the celica would be unstoppable Very Happy Ok, i have just taken her out into the driveway and taken some pictures just now. Do u have MSN messenger? Because if u do, i can just transfer HEAPS of pics through that, rather than posting all of them here. Add me if you do: pixelated_goat@hotmail.com and i will speak to you Tuesday night on it cos thats when i will be back home again. Smile

Here are a few of the engine bay and interior etc for now:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2921
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2922
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2923

Attachment: pics 024 (Small).jpg
(Size: 51.70KB, Downloaded 143 time(s))
Attachment: pics 019 (Small).jpg
(Size: 45.19KB, Downloaded 139 time(s))
Attachment: pics 025 (Small).jpg
(Size: 54.04KB, Downloaded 135 time(s))

Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And some of the engine bay...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2924
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2925
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2926

Attachment: pics 014 (Small).jpg
(Size: 37.83KB, Downloaded 134 time(s))
Attachment: pics 016 (Small).jpg
(Size: 50.19KB, Downloaded 131 time(s))
Attachment: pics 015 (Small).jpg
(Size: 50.02KB, Downloaded 127 time(s))

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sun, 18 January 2004 09:44

in nsw to get a permit you require a pink slip $50-$100ish (a few tubes of no-more gaps and a $2 spray can of primer to gheto up the rust holes Smile and to stand in line for hours while thay treat you like a criminal at the rta branch
and another $65... but you do get a sticker! how nice of them!

heheheh was fun back then, dont forget the burnout u-turn u did in front of the previous owner as we left his place, and the 200kms hassle free driving we did with 'traffic' plates Very Happy Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Sun, 18 January 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey camry omega, just noticed your in campbelltown

if u do buy this RA40 u will have to give me a visit i have a heap of parts u might need. Im in eagle vale, where are u at?
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Mon, 19 January 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has it got aircon??

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Mon, 19 January 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in minto, im not sure how much free time im going to have tho, i just started an appreticeship.
Pixelated_Goat
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Tue, 20 January 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi all - back from my trip, nope it hasnt got aircon.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA40 Celica UNFINISHED PROJECT Tue, 20 January 2004 12:39 Go to previous message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 19 January 2004 09:14

dont forget the burnout u-turn u did in front of the previous owner as we left his place

M-EU Powaaa!!!!!!

more so big ugly flywheel and lotsa revs power Razz

Allan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1987 telstar tx5 turbo $4500
Next Topic:WANTED- AE86 sprinter for 3K- 3.5K
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:34:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080480575561523 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar