Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Best place for windscreens Fri, 02 August 2002 05:52 Go to next message
Hi,

any favourite places out there to get windscreens fitted? Actually, I need the whole car done ... front rear sides and rear quarter glass, on my RA23.

Also, whats the go with tinting up here in QLD? can i get 35% or something? Where can I go and ask : "whats your price for top quality tinting as dark as possible while still remaining within qld standards" Smile

Ringing windscreens obrien and novus now ... any idea how much i should be quoted to replace all of the glass? supplied and fitted? with rubbers? anyone done this?

(I probably dont need to replace it all, but we'll see how it goes ...)
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Best place for windscreens Fri, 02 August 2002 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think windscreens obrien would be the best! They may be a bit more expensive but they do a great job!
The rubbers they use are the exact right size! Most other places use rubbers they got from rare spares which are crap!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best place for windscreens Fri, 02 August 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cost me about 280 for laminated windscreen + seal about 18 minths ago for my ta22 ... never leaked since...

just the rear window to fix now which im dreading cause i know theres rust in 2 corners

Re: Best place for windscreens Fri, 02 August 2002 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found windscreens obrien to be good.
For tinting try Cost less tinting.
They are a mobile mob here in brissie, they come right to your house.
They quoted me $160 for the RA40 for darkest legal. (10 years warranty too - lifetime warranty for $10 more)
They did my boyfs car last week and it looks preety good.
I'll try and find the phone no. for you if you want it.

Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: Best place for windscreens Thu, 08 August 2002 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx guys Smile

Windscreens Obrien didnt get back to me >:/

Novus Quoted:

Front Fitted: $198
Rear Fitted (2nd Hand): $156

and the rubbers were $99 front, $135 rear.

Full tint they wanted $260 ... dark as legal, 10yr guarantee

what I didnt ask them, was what if they tint while the glass is out of the car (gotta be easier - hence cheaper) as all the glass is out atm, and, if the fitted price includes removal of the old glass.

Getting the rear out was easy, but the front windscreen, being laminated and all ... crikeys it was easy to break. Me using the hammer and chisel method and all. Smile

Im not ready to get this all done yet tho, just wanted an idea before I trashed the old glass.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Best place for windscreens Thu, 08 August 2002 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Were the front fitted and rear fitted prices including the rubbers?
Did you check the price for a new rear window? The price for the second hand one seem a bit pricy!
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: Best place for windscreens Thu, 08 August 2002 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, i dont think that price incluided the rubbers ... darn

umm, novus said they couldnt get new rear windscreens any more Sad

I also forgot to mention that I asked about door/side windows too (just in the case of me putting my head thru one) but they didnt get back to me on those Sad I wanted to know if they were hard to get ...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Best place for windscreens Thu, 08 August 2002 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark..Cant get new ones!!!! That sux Cry
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Best place for windscreens Fri, 09 August 2002 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tinting windows is normally done witht he windows in the car. they just do a real schmic job and get the edge of the tint very close to the edge of the glass. i think my mum got her car tinted with a lifetiem warranty and darkest legal tint for $198 from tint mart.

Re: Best place for windscreens Sun, 11 August 2002 08:24 Go to previous message
Im getting my windows tinted darkest legal this week for $160 with 10yrs warranty. It's some mobile guy who comes to your home. Did a great job on my boyfs car.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who is going to the toyota day june 9??
Next Topic:On the topic of parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:58:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044138431549072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.