Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 20 October 2003 04:31 Go to next message
Well, i finally bought something with a little bit of power. A 4AGZE powered sprinter to be precise and i have been harasing the roads of brisbane for two weeks now. During that time I have had several good kills as a results.

First night i went cruising in the car i went up against a R33GTST with a front mount and standard boost. Out in the city at the set of lights next to the Vic and Exchange and we are both revving our engines and giving each other the "look" Evil or Very Mad . Anyways, light goes green and i get the jump off the lights. I take first to 50km/hr and I am a 1/2 a car length in front. Change to 2nd and take that to about 80km/hr. By this time he is a full car length behind and i have declared it a win.

Same night coming hom from the city and a guy in this old Nissan Skyline lines up next to me with his gf in the car trying to show off. So i give him the nod and give my car a bit of a rev. We are sitting at the lights on Old Cleveland Road and Creek Road and the lights go green. By the time i get across the intersection (about 20m) he is about 2 car lengths behind change it to 2nd take that to 70 and give up. He thinks that i have slowed down and proceeds to fly past me at about 90. Now anyone who knows this road would know that there are usually cops up ahead and over the hill and what do you know. He gets pulled over by the cops and i just cruise on past laughing my head off Laughing .

During the week i went to see my mate at subway morningside and show him my car. We chat for a bit and he said that we should have a race. He is running a VL Berlina with 17inch mags and full zorst. We line up down creek road from a rolling start, and i smash him to about 140. Stop at the lights and i give him another go. 1st, car length in front, 2nd 1 1/2 car lengths in front, 3rd a full 2 car lengths in front...time to slow down... Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Beat a FC3S, 200sx, MR Lancer, VK SS Croup A, 1.8L Laser Evil or Very Mad just to name a few.
  Send a private message to this user    
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 20 October 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah forgot to mention, from a rolling start of 100, I also beat the skyline to 175.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 20 October 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you buy nathans car? silver with gt4 scoop?
Streety
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 20 October 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur my hero
congrats Laughing
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 20 October 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norman Park hey....im normally hanging around East Bris, coorparoo etc so i'll keep an eye out for you Cool
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Tue, 21 October 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No i didnt by nathans car. This is actually AK's white one that had been sitting out the back of his house for ages. Very Happy

Nick, yeah for sure man. It is a white one that looks like crap (for the moment anyways). I live on Macrossan Ave.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Fri, 31 October 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGE-AE86 wrote on Mon, 20 October 2003 14:31

Beat a FC3S, 200sx, MR Lancer, VK SS Croup A, 1.8L Laser Evil or Very Mad just to name a few.

You're a big bully Ray ... Laughing

Yeah ... I'll have to get my arse off the couch one day and see this little beast of yours soon ...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 10 November 2003 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a winner

cant beat forced induction for sprints off the lights

how many kw u runnin?

what color fc3s? and what sorta rims did it have?

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 08:53]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 10 November 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe nice
Im scared of all corolla's now.. very wary of conversions
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 10 November 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its no corrolla! lol
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Tue, 11 November 2003 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
....... it still is technically though, isnt it?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Tue, 11 November 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyday of my life i try to forget, nah just joking, in australia they a sprinter, in japan they were a corolla levin and a corolla trueno as far as i know
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Tue, 11 November 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter trueno

and in aus its only a sprinter cos it has sprinter trueno taillights with the "sprinter" in red

otherwise it would be a AE86 corolla levin SR
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Tue, 11 November 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said.. its a corolla... no matter how much u guys dont wanna admit it Razz
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Thu, 13 November 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Mon, 20 October 2003 16:11

did you buy nathans car? silver with gt4 scoop?

I've got that. I use it for track work not street racing.

Cal.
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Thu, 13 November 2003 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i want to take a 4agze sprinter for a run one night
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Fri, 14 November 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a white FC3S with 17's
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Fri, 14 November 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have kept up with a 160 hp at the wheels 20v Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Sat, 15 November 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the hell did the 20V have done to it to get 160 at the wheels??? was it a RWD or FWD too??
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Thu, 04 December 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
160hp at wheels for a 20v isn't unreasonable with some mods.
The power is there, just a matter of getting it to the ground.
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Thu, 18 December 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
160 hp from a 1600 20v????
some mods????
160 hp would be a full race engine and even then it would make 150 at best.....absolute best
my 7a 20v made 170 at the wheels....
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Thu, 18 December 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many of u bastards in brissy have AE86's, i must miss all u

ne1 here own a bright yellow GZE 86
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Fri, 16 January 2004 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levinracer wrote on Thu, 18 December 2003 19:41

160 hp from a 1600 20v????
some mods????
160 hp would be a full race engine and even then it would make 150 at best.....absolute best
my 7a 20v made 170 at the wheels....

lol u make me laugh hehehe Laughing there is about 20-30% loss between fly wheel and tread power so ur looking at about 200hp or so at the fly thats about 150kw and with a stock 20v putting out 125kw an extra 25kw is very acheivable and would not be a racing engine at the least. You can find info bout stock 20v here http://www.4age.net/tech/importengines.htm so can we please think before we post next time so not to look like a fool ^_^
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Sun, 18 January 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20valve race tuned 4A-GE's make around 170-190hp

the highest power output i have seen out of an 4A-GE (20 valve) is 204hp and this was an N2 racecar built by tool box garage in japan.

most 4A-GE (16 valve) in race tune make 190-210 hp on average.

this is with much work done remember kids.
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Mon, 19 January 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm ive still dont get why 20v cant be worked as much as 16v >< must do more research to stregthen my knowledge ^_^
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Wed, 21 January 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correct me if im wrong but 20v already has super high compression and 5 valves and high lift cams, u would have to be getting pretty serious to modify a great motor from stock, as they are "modified" from stock, well thats how i understand it
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Sat, 24 January 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not 100% sure on figures here but toyota rate the 20v as somewhere in the vicinity of 160hp stock which is a load of bs...more like 140

Quote:

mmm ive still dont get why 20v cant be worked as much as 16v >< must do more research to stregthen my knowledge

a 20v can be worked just as hard if not harder in n/a form...its more common to go with 16v for forced induction...its just that you dont need to do as much work on the 20v as the 16v when talking n/a power increase cos you've already got a head start in stock 20v form

http://www.billzilla.org/4agmods.htm
im sure you wouldve have been here before

[Updated on: Sat, 24 January 2004 08:22]

86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Thu, 29 January 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"The most power I've ever heard of in any 20v 4AGE is about 215hp, or nearly 30hp less than a good 16v 4AGE. "

Taken from bill's page.
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers Tue, 25 May 2004 05:27 Go to previous message
It was pretty standard but a good race none the less
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Got fined AGAIN - $215!
Next Topic:AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore
Goto Forum: