Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Mon, 19 January 2004 12:37 Go to next message
Anyone else check out that ful sik lowered hilux "concept" ute that was in the sunday mail?

A team of "young people" designed the vehicle for the under 35 age bracket.

Bloody hell. When will they just get it right and release a new GT4 here and AWD/RWD corolla? AND a new supra. Hell, even just the mk4.

Even better idea, just gather what are obviously real toyota enthusiasts/modifiers from here and form a team to design a real car.
  Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Mon, 19 January 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup I saw it, looked really bad. Obviously they think that age crowd likes looks not performance and handling.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2004 12:42]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Fri, 23 January 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't see it, but yeah. Re-release the MK4! Perhaps with a better turbo, and better computer.

P.S. And a AWD rolla would be good. I think the new Celica looks like ass, so re-design that with AWD in mind would be good.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 January 2004 09:51]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Fri, 23 January 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw that and im still puzzled as to what they were smoking when they thought that it was a good idea??
Yumbo
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Fri, 23 January 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Mon, 19 January 2004 23:41

Yup I saw it, looked really bad. Obviously they think that age crowd likes looks not performance and handling.

with that said isnt it a turbo 2.7 engine? some dude turboed a normal hilux and it ran 11s.

"A turbocharged 2.7-litre petrol engine producing 200kW of power ensures that the lowered Catalyst has the performance to match its looks."

http://http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_/showall_/i d_TOY/doc_toy0311031/cms/news/newsarticle.html

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yumbo wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 10:45

with that said isnt it a turbo 2.7 engine? some dude turboed a normal hilux and it ran 11s.

"A turbocharged 2.7-litre petrol engine producing 200kW of power ensures that the lowered Catalyst has the performance to match its looks."

http://http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_/showall_/i d_TOY/doc_toy0311031/cms/news/newsarticle.html

Concept cars tend to be the massivly tweaked version of the production model. The say 200kw, but if it ever saw production (and I doubt it would) then it would have more like 170 or something. I wanna see how that thing corners though... probably like a commodore.

They should get some people off this forum to come up with "new" car ideas... like bringing back the MK4 to production! Very Happy And having a Supercharged or Turbocharged MR2. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe we should annoy the hell out of this RAW group that designed it so they get a clue where to head in the RIGHT direction ..

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yumbo wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 09:45

I fixed your URL. Yea, that's the story.

Why did they bother to turbo the 2.7 when they have 1j+2j engines? Hell, even 3uzfe's. And not to mention clutched superchargers.

And why bother with:

"It is a think tank where people are encouraged to think outside the square."

?

Are toyota so lost they have to try to hammer everything for a new idea when they had the best things already?

"The main idea is for younger members of Toyota's workforce to generate new ideas or alternative ways of thinking - the more extreme and unconventional the better!"

That's the problem. The more "extreme and unconventional" they think they are, the more boring and cookie cut the end product is.

"Let's just lower the 'lux and put in a killer sound system like those honda guys do".

"Oh yea, and get the gay guy on the team to design some swirly paint effects. Like you see it on all those sic lancers because you know he's got taste".

Quote:

They should get some people off this forum to come up with "new" car ideas... like bringing back the MK4 to production! And having a Supercharged or Turbocharged MR2.

Nice to see you agree with what I originally said. Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 16:24

Heh heh. Very Happy
My point ofcourse being that the best 'New' ideas are basicaly brushing up the old ones. Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 15:28

Apollo wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 16:24

Heh heh. Very Happy
My point ofcourse being that the best 'New' ideas are basicaly brushing up the old ones. Very Happy

So was mine.

They do have it all. They are just letting it go to waste gathering dust, all the while wasting money making a "concept" of what any boy racer would do with a 'lux. Stupid bling generation.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All this is basicly doing is making a hilux that u don't need to buy aftermarket visual add-ons for.
I would like to see toyota put some real time and effort into desigining a new true performanmce car, something that makes the holden coupes look like family sedans with 2 door, and performance that matches.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want Toyota to do a few things with a new lineup.

V8 Family Sedan
I want to see a family sedan with smooth looks that comes in either a 3.0ltr 6 or 4.0ltr V8. The general point of this car would be to show Holden and Ford lovers how it is done with massive grip and better power delivery (if not more actual torque) than the stupid Commodores and Falcons. I would like to see this car entered for the V8 Supercar races, and I would like to see it win.

Sports Cars
They should introduce the MK5. They shouldn't stuff with the looks too much (perhaps a nicer front bar) but rather tweak the performance with over 200kw at the wheels and better handling than the previous models. It should come with 6 speed automatic clutch manual. The N/A model should be all about contending with the 350Z, and the Turbo model should be all about blowing the 350Z out of the water.

The rear end and head lamps of the current MR2 should be revised to make them look less silly, and the car should be offered in tubo form.

Rally Cars
I want to see a better body on the Celica. In my opinion, the new body has nothing on the old 1990 Celica. I want to see it developed as an All Wheel Drive turbo that makes STIs and EVOs look kinda silly performance and looks wise. It should also be offered as a front wheel drive version, just to keep the hairdressers happy.

They should also make a Corolla AWD turbo available for sale that competes with WRXs and GSRs.

TRD
TRD should make their presence heard with modified ultra version of each of the aforementioned cars available to the public. Very Happy

... And umm... I think that would make me happy... even happier if I could afford each of those cars. Very Happy
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sat, 24 January 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make a new sprinter with just as much effort that went into the ae86s.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Sun, 25 January 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me design the new supra and celica. Evil or Very Mad
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Mon, 26 January 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make more rear wheel and all wheel drive cars, esp with the "new family sedan" and also make it an option or cars like camrys and corollas (new sprinter mayb?)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Tue, 27 January 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The gleaming black paintwork is complemented by swirling graphics, chrome bumpers, grille and mirrors, underbody neon lights and big polished alloy wheels.

HAHAHA LOL I would like to see THAT coming off the ship to the dealer
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Tue, 27 January 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great, they have given toyota to the fucking rice kings and queens of australia.... no wonder so many people like nissan lol
I think it looks great.. and so it should.. BUT its a stupid lux

if toyota dont release the mk5 i will have lost all respect
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Wed, 28 January 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woh Jag! Carefull what you say. Let Toyota release a GOOD MK5. Make sure you say good. Otherwise it will be a freekin' Nissan Z copy, looking all "European styled" crappy... thingy.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Wed, 28 January 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 28 January 2004 22:31

Woh Jag! Carefull what you say. Let Toyota release a GOOD MK5. Make sure you say good. Otherwise it will be a freekin' Nissan Z copy, looking all "European styled" crappy... thingy.

a more agressive mk4 would do me fine.. bit sharper edges and a good factory body kit with a tt 3uz and some sort of awd and id be loyal forever
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota OZ going for the bogan buyer? Thu, 29 January 2004 02:03 Go to previous message
Me2.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Song Name Game
Next Topic:Sadams new career
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:50:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052230358123779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.