Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 02:44 Go to next message
Just thought I'd let you all know how the Soarer is going since you all helped me out with the problems I was having...

Well she's all back together now with a HKS MHG and ARP bolts, torqued down at 85 ft/lb, toyota red coolant and demineralised water (after the whole coolant system was flushed), full 'super' synthetic oil (10W40) and new filter ofcourse, new rack and tie rod ends, new lower control arm bushes (the old ones were looking tired and well, very 15 years old).

Whole engine bay and engine have been washed down, started detailing the engine bay will finish that off soon.

Had my oil light come on just after the engine was done, lots of oil and good oil flow, pulled the sensor out to put a guage in it, found the sensor to be rooted, bought a new one from toyota dropped it in and all is well.

Need a new pipe from the afm to the turbo (if anyone has one please pm me) as it's gone hard and cracked, I am making do with it for the moment, I polyurethaned it up using my home made makeshaft mould and it seems to be working, but I'd like to put a good one on there.

Mechanic who fixed the head gasket did something to the air con, it's not getting cold anymore, lots of gas, but the clutch won't come on. I've got no idea.

No error codes coming from the diagnostics, car is making good power, ok fuel economy (seems to be around 10-12L per 100km).

All in all (touch wood) it seems to be running pretty good, just for fun I balanced a coin on the top of the engine as it was running the other day, it's as smooth as silk, revved it and the coin didn't move.

Thanks for all the help, *crosses fingers* no more dramas with it.

A few photos for you all:

http://www.bretts.com.au/pault/assets/images/01.jpeg

http://www.bretts.com.au/pault/assets/images/02.jpeg

http://www.bretts.com.au/pault/assets/images/03.jpg

http://www.bretts.com.au/pault/assets/images/04.jpg

http://www.bretts.com.au/pault/assets/images/05.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear

Have fun now

Cheers

Michael Bachmann
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice mate.

If you dont mind me asking....

What sort of BOV is that? Where did you get it from, and how much was it? I need one, and that looks not too bad.

Cheers.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lovely ride. Just gotta ditch those Nissan wheels Razz
There is a nice set of Zepters that are perfect for your car in the for sale section. Even come off a Z20 Soarer Smile
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the nice comment....

Not too sure about the BOV, it's a TCC Type II, that'a all I know about it. It makes a nice sound, the fluttery sound but being atmo venting causes the car to pop on back off, it was on the car when I bought it. When I get round to putting a recirculating bov on it, I'll let you know.

I'd love to buy John's Zepters, but I just cannot afford them, he is selling a set of stitch wheels I am in love with however.

http://www.importbitz.com/images/parts/wheels/stich1789.jpg

After spending so much on the car to date, I'm just going to drive it for a while, keep up the maintenance but I have spent enough on it, more mods will come in good time though, for the moment, I am just enjoying driving it.
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent looking ride dude!!

fingers crossed nothing goes bang or blows with in the first few weeks Very Happy

how much was ya hks h/g and arp bolts all up?

yeh those wheels are nice, i want them for my ma70 Razz i just bought the hks turbo and dump of johns soarer, cant wait to get them and see how it goes.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2004 06:44]

ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I won't be leaving my local area for a couple of weeks yet, fortunately I have a company car so I am not imprisoned to my area.

ARP Bolts were $199.15 including postage
HKS MHG was $276.20 including postage

They truly are worth every cent, the quality of workmanship in both parts had me astounded. Very beautiful pieces of performance equipment.

Certainly gives me piece of mind knowing I have nothing but the best parts in there.
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very good prices i must say.

can i ask where you got each item from? you can PM me if you must/want.

also did you get a gasket kit too? or were they good enough to re-use again?

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love soarers what a great looking car....good stuff with the work done too.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much did it end up costing you to do the engine? Did you redo the bottom end, and have all new bearings etc too???
Btw..get us a pic of the dash when lit up..looks quite interesting Smile

Thanks
Blake.
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ended up costing me close to $2000. But now I am happy knowing there is no '?' hanging over the reliability of the car.

Heres the dash. Feels like a spaceship with the TV on and everything.

http://www.bretts.com.au/pault/assets/images/136600.jpg

ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twincam_ke20 wrote on Mon, 19 January 2004 17:56

very good prices i must say.

can i ask where you got each item from? you can PM me if you must/want.

also did you get a gasket kit too? or were they good enough to re-use again?

I got the head gasket from Penrith Toyota, and the bolts from VPW mailorder. I didn't really have to get a gasket kit, but did anyway, I didn't wany anything letting go. If I was on a strict budget I 'probably' could have used the old ones, but I wasn't wanting to risk anything.
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Update on the soarer - Smiles all round really Mon, 19 January 2004 21:17 Go to previous message
I have phone numbers for both those places if you require, great service, best prices in Australia (that I found) and overnight delivery.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sge Conversion
Next Topic:Camber adjustment
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 05:49:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055000782012939 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.