Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 19 January 2004 11:26 Go to next message

bought a old school (1999) clarion (45x4) HU from a pawn shop for 200 (new in box... Rolling Eyes ) chucked in my 6x9 kenwood 180w speakers into the parcel shelf i bought from ash in canberra (nice car mate Cool )

took it all to a professional installer, chucked it all in, with the alpine 4"'s in the front dash it doesnt sound too shabby

at least now i have some sound. better than none at all ..

anyhow post your sound setups people
  Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 19 January 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blaupunkt CD/Radio 4x57W HU
Kenwood 100w 2 way 4" in the dash where the normal speakers are.
Kenwood 400w 4 way 6"x9" in my homemade parcel shelf in the back.
US Audio 330w 2 channel amplifier running the 6"x9"

Think Ill spray the grill that came on the kenwood 6"x9" to black because the silver doesnt match the interior AND you can spot them a mile away through the tinted windows. Dont want my car being broken into. Everything home made and home installed ^__^

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2004 11:52]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 19 January 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish i knew how

hahaha

nice setup
im stealth installing the 6x9's this weekend and my HU is so inconspicuous, looks cheap hehe
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 19 January 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How you hiding the speakers?
I always take the faceplate everywhere so you can tell if its cheap or not.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 19 January 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

------------------------------
under - -
- -
----

screw fron bottom up
use bolts + reinforcing braces (metal)

and 2 layers of speaker cloth to cover the bits

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u take HU off and if u have no amp and no sub, dont worry so much about breakins...

i have rarely seen breakins for small systems

OH AND DONT LEAVE HEAD UNIT UNDER THE SEAT !!!

oh and my 7 speaker system was sold ... along with the car... so i have nothing to brag about

ae86drift..

what did u get professionally installed and how much was it ?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
head unit installed
new wiring harness and the rest
cables layed for the rear speakers

135 inc GST

Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Mon, 19 January 2004 19:51

Blaupunkt CD/Radio 4x57W HU
Kenwood 100w 2 way 4" in the dash where the normal speakers are.
Kenwood 400w 4 way 6"x9" in my homemade parcel shelf in the back.
US Audio 330w 2 channel amplifier running the 6"x9"

Think Ill spray the grill that came on the kenwood 6"x9" to black because the silver doesnt match the interior AND you can spot them a mile away through the tinted windows. Dont want my car being broken into. Everything home made and home installed ^__^

So your posting what you have got on a public forum becuase?????
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking that you guys are civilised people not petty thieves. Rolling Eyes

Only places like Elizabeth and salisbury would bother to steal a $600 system hence why when I have to make the odd appearance there, I would like the speakers to be less obvious.

If people are going to bother to use the net to find cars to break into, they might be smart enough to find a more expensive sound systems which have a decent resale value.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, someone broke into my mates car, and stole a speaker grille, A SPEAKER GRILLE

hahaha

People will do anything, for any reason

Beware
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Before I decided that expensive car stereo's were a waste of time. My half finished system was to have consisted of this:

Focal 165K2P Polykevlar Power2 6.5' front splits
Focal Polyglass 5 1/4' rear co-axials
Focal Utopia 27WX 11' Subwoofer
J/L Audio 300/4 amp
J/L Audio 500/1 amp
Pioneer Mp3 player of some form...

But thanks to thieves I've scrapped the whole plan and will continue to enjoy my new focal custom home stereo speakers Smile
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh I was wondering if making home speakers out of some decent cars speakers were a good idea.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, but you have to make sure that your home amp can handle 4ohm loads
(Home speakers are 8 ohms)

And you have to make sure that the speaker can handle the power out of the home amp (good home amps have huuuuge balls)
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I was wondering exactly. Hows it setup as car speakers are 4 ohms each? So you could hook up 2 speakers per hifi channel? ....

I was thinking 2 6x9s (8ohm?) in each speaker so 8 all up in boxes. Probably be enough bass to satisfy me so no sub would be needed.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, then you have the problem of trying to drive 2 speakers from one channel, and your amp may not be powerful enough to do that
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW, budget installation for less than $1,000 including labour:

JVC MP3 Head Unit
Sony X-plode 4 Channel Amp - 50W each channel (2 for sub, rest to each speaker)
Pioneer 3 way 5 1/4" speakers
10 Inch Kicker Subwoofer
Pre-fab sub box

Sounds great once some balancing is done and is enough to be pulled over by the cops if played loud enough ...

Sub is easily removable for less weight in event of a day at the track ... Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 08:43]

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As opposed to going to all the trouble of concealing the speakers, wouldn't it be easier to just put a cloth of some description over the speakers when the car is parked.
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as making car speakers into home speakers, the focal165k2p's have a nom power handling of 100wrms. Which is the exact size of the amp I'm running them through, as far as the ohms are concerned I've had no trouble with clipping or blow outs, I don't play them at ear bleeding level anyway so I don't forsee any problems. They are the cleanest most natural and accurate speakers I've ever heard Very Happy
Hugh
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have u guys heard of audiopipe and are they any good...they say they are competition grade sounds stuff but they look a tad doge....
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well total power in mine:
a maximum of 715Watt !RMS!
over 3 ch. Front stereo, and 2 subs (parallel)
its full Alpine/Boston Accoustics setup (stinger)

and not to be picky, but home speakers range from 6-8ohms.
The reason for 4ohm car speakers is coz of the low voltage available (I think someone asked that question??)
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Tue, 20 January 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my system consists of:

sony xplod 4 by 50 watts (yeah, sure) head unit

sony 4 inch coaxials in the stock locations

and for bass, a 38 litre sealed box with two "tornado" 75 watt 8 inch woofers in the boot (you can't see it at all)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-1/603982/sub-box.jpg

the two sets of speakers seem to work well together,

currently replacing the woofer boxc with a ten inch sub and a jaycar response 4 by 50 watt amp. 6 inch splits or coaxials to come soon after.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Wed, 21 January 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

sony xplod 4 by 50 watts (yeah, sure) head unit

Its the peak power. The Rms rating of those Sony head units is somewhere between 19-26wrms. Check your manual.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Wed, 21 January 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 20 January 2004 14:19

head unit installed
new wiring harness and the rest
cables layed for the rear speakers

135 inc GST

Smile

how much was the wiring harness alone ? is thes the harness that plugs into your new head deck and into your cars original harness ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know you shouldnt use those harnesses Les
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
y
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coz you paying for something you dont need
And when somebody goes to steal your stereo, they just unclip the harness and off they go with a perfect stereo

At least if it soldered, and they forget to bring cutters, they leave the harness there, which makes you feel better about fucking with them
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm ok.. point taken
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my stereo consists of

1. 4age
2. 7700 rpm
3. 2.25 inch exhaust with minimal muffling

thank you and come again

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-MrRx7 wrote on Thu, 22 January 2004 20:22

my stereo consists of

1. 4age
2. 7700 rpm
3. 2.25 inch exhaust with minimal muffling

thank you and come again

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

up until 3 days ago so did mine
i have to drive to brissie next sunday..... fuck that for 13 hours of

"BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRR"
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soft, i did from bris to adelaide in it

24 hours, 2200 kms

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR

ok got the point?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You only changed gear once the whole way? Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Thu, 22 January 2004 22:08

You only changed gear once the whole way? Laughing

could be an auto Razz
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprintah in auto thats unheard of! Razz
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just going by the exhaust tone ....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Thu, 22 January 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha at this thread

gold jerry
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4x45W Sony Head Unit
200W Sony Amp for 6x9's (170W each)
2x10" Clarion V-Net Subs 450WRMS continuous, max about 1800W
1000W Pioneer Amp for Subs
2x4" (90W each) Pioneer In Dash running off the deck...also work if ALARM GOES OFF Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 03:55]

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate max power ratings. What a waste of time, marketing tool for the un-educated.
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know, rms should be printed instead of max W, but thats unseen now
heres my system, cost me 600 all up, so iam pretty happy with that
Sony xplode 4* 50w deck(yes i know, but the price was right)
Boston Acoustics FX6 200w 6 inch Comp Speakers
12 inch Poineer Gold Edition 1000W sub
1000W 4 channel Boss AMP

Sounds very decent, in either bass or tremble, and if its any comparison to the comment above, having it at 70% or above will definetly get you pulled over.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
icon4.gif  Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I hate max power ratings

Me too. Other things I hate:

(rant)

• People that believe that Sony, Pioneer, etc. etc. make good amplifiers and speakers on the basis of their market prominence and brand equity.
  • Installing aftermarket loudspeakers in factory (unbaffled or poorly insulated, poorly staged) enclosures (ie. dash, door reliefs).

Point one illustrated by a recent conversation with my brother regarding car audio. He's going to go and spend dosh on a Sony 'XPlod' system comprising deck, amplifier (4 channel), 4" coaxials (in dash locations) and a 10" pentagonal subwoofer (words fail me). Why? Because 'Sony are a market leader' (read 'marketing leader') and 'I've got a red car, so it makes sense' - !!

I ask if he's auditioned other equipment, and get a blank look in return. He asks what my system would consist of.

• Alpine CDA-7848J CD tuner (front/sub(unfaded) preout, sub level control) which I have available.
  • Jaycar 2x150w amplifier - bang for buck.
  • Phoenix Gold Octane-R front components (6") in kick panel enclosures (if they fit) or door pods (if they don't)
  • Jaycar 2x150w amplifier - as above. (230W RMS @ 2Ohm)
  • Phoenix Gold Octane-R 10" DVC subwoofers (2).

The sad thing is we're both spending the same money. Which would you prefer? He turns up his nose because Alpine isn't available at JB (where the sales guy said he hadn't heard of it) and he's never seen a "we don't make toasters and microwave ovens' billboard for Phoenix Gold.

(/rant)

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 14:24]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$600 stolen ? whats the price breakup - seems real cheap
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

1000W 4 channel Boss AMP

1000W at what level of THD?
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MaCCa wrote on Mon, 26 January 2004 00:59

I know, rms should be printed instead of max W, but thats unseen now

Correction - all the good Electronics companies supply it. ie: alpine ! Even Jaycar.
Its simple marketing that continues with the 700W Subwoofer mate actually 200wrms.
I am friends with two of the JB stores in vic, (and they are cousins) they openly admit to Alpine being the best in head units, one wished they could stock them.

Pioneer have seriously let customers down and now sell only to supermarket type stores. Strathfield is the only Sound place that stock them. Have decided to devote themselves to selling BOXES, not top quality sound gear.

btw, Micheal, I can get jaycar at middle price band. As I'm sure many others can.
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.advanceae.com.au sell cheap Jaycar car audio gear at retail. Dunno how that works, but I'll definately keep your suggestion in mind ~ for after paint and suspensions... =P

Ever had a look inside the kicks of a TA22? Never looked myself but would be interested to know what sort of mounting depth is available.

On the topic of car audio: http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/forums/index.php
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the celica:

pioneer 45x4w head unit
pioneer 6" in the doors
pioneer 3x7" in the rears

sounds nice

in the supra

practically stock. mitsubishi tape deck i think.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T APLUS 22 wrote on Sun, 25 January 2004 22:11

Pioneer have seriously let customers down and now sell only to supermarket type stores. Strathfield is the only Sound place that stock them. Have decided to devote themselves to selling BOXES, not top quality sound gear.

Its actually the other way around.
Pioneer got screwed when they gave Marlows (I'm not sure what you call it over east) Pioneer years ago. Since then they have been at the mercy of huge corporations. And when Marlows was bought out by Supercheap, and Supercheap decided not to keep Pioneer stock, Pioneer had no choice but to offer their product to Stratties, and now Motoquipe.
Its Stratties that has killed the reputation of Pioneer, not Pioneer itself, Stratties has them by the balls or so to speak.
And FYI, Pioneer make the best head units, hands down, no two way about it.

And why don't you guys go to owner operated stores? You get much better service, and you talk to an audiophile, not a guy paid to flog off as much stock as possible. Don't you have any 'non-chain' car audio stores anymore over east?
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Sun, 25 January 2004 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

It's unreserved generalisations like this which make me concerned. Are you saying they make the most effective tuners? On what basis, effective range or noise rejection? Or are you saying they use better DACs than other decks? Or are you saying their servos berform better than other decks? Or all of these uncategorically?

Honestly, money no object, I'd put more faith in Nakamichi than Pioneer for source units.

Quote:

And why don't you guys go to owner operated stores? You get much better service, and you talk to an audiophile, not a guy paid to flog off as much stock as possible. Don't you have any 'non-chain' car audio stores anymore over east?

One of my recommendations in this regard would be Stylyn Car Audio in Boronia. Stocks Rockford Fosgate, Focal, MB Quart, Eclipse, Nakamichi, Alpine, Clarion and Orion gear (and probably more, can't remember...) and the guy that runs it seems to me to be just self-righteous enough to believe in.
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well no it isnt stolen, but here is it broken down

AMP = $130, close to new off a mate
Sub = Was used for 1 show, also good mate, $70
Boston 6 inch = $200, used in the same show
Head Unit = $200, sale at straithfield, as well as some talking down the price
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well they system i got was:
pioneer headunit 4*50 (i think its 4*22 real)
6*9 pioneer speakers (240w max, 50w real)
4 inch 3 way JVCs (the pioneer 4s weren't good enough), (i don't know the power rating)
a 12 inch spl sub in a ported box (600w peak)
im getting a cheap 2 channel amp (2 chanel 200w(peak), bridged).
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

And FYI, Pioneer make the best head units, hands down, no two way about it

bahahahahahahahahaha.
What do you base this on?
You have to get top priced Pioneer Units just to get a Mute or Attn button. And when they don't have one of them, you'd think they'd put a dial volume on it - NOPE. Still got buttons. That tells me they've lost touch.

What a load of trollop. Owner operated stores? What like I do? Penisula Car Sound, Central Car Radio And evolution R is where I got all my gear.

Next you'll start saying Cadence are a Quality Label.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T APLUS 22 wrote on Mon, 26 January 2004 18:23

Quote:

And FYI, Pioneer make the best head units, hands down, no two way about it

You have to get top priced Pioneer Units just to get a Mute or Attn button.

I went to cronulla car sound to get my stuff and they stocked pioneer.

I wouldn't say that mine is the best head unit, however it was definatley not top-of-the-line and it still has an att button and a remote (cost me $300 9 months ago). But having seen other head units i would have liked dial volume control. But i didn't do much reasearch before hand, still im fairly happy.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I much prefer the dials rather than the buttons and later on I might add the remote on the steering wheel.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2004 07:48]

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was thinking of getting one of them, im guessing there would be a connector on the back of the head unit for it?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its only do able if the unit you have supports it.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll have to check and see if mine does
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Mon, 26 January 2004 02:52

Quote:

It's unreserved generalisations like this which make me concerned. Are you saying they make the most effective tuners? On what basis, effective range or noise rejection? Or are you saying they use better DACs than other decks? Or are you saying their servos berform better than other decks? Or all of these uncategorically?

Honestly, money no object, I'd put more faith in Nakamichi than Pioneer for source units.

Sorry, yes, point taken, and I do agree with you 100% on Nakamichi, they are, with out a doubt, the best around, however, the price is enough to scare most away.

I say Pioneer have the best head units for the sound quality, build quality and features, for the price you pay. Maybe not the best head unit, but the best value for money in the upper range.

And to those who want dials instead of buttons.. I ask you why??
Dials piss me off to no end, and I use my remote 95% of the time anyway. Oh, and almost all new Pioneer deck (bar the bottom 3) have rotary dials anyway.
A dial is no advantage over buttons ever.

And why do you want mute or attn? (which any remote control deck has, ie 3rd model up) Besides, they all have pause.

Its people not buying a deck because it doesnt have a rotary, or attn button, or a mute button, or doesnt have flashing lights that make me laugh.
You should buy a deck purely on 2 things
1) the quality of the sound output
2) the number of RCA preouts
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh I meant rotary volume controls.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actualy my freind has a kenwood unit that has an att button, but no pause, and no detachable face, still it only cost him $200.
I have been pretty happy with my pioneer so far, its good quality and has enoguh power to drive my 4s and 6*9s, without any troubles.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Mon, 26 January 2004 16:46

I was thinking of getting one of them, im guessing there would be a connector on the back of the head unit for it?

If you already have a remote control, then you can buy a steering wheel version.
They come with a clip so you can leave it on there, and just remove it when you park your car
I think they are $90 or so
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got my Stereo Installed Today Mon, 26 January 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thats not too bad, i'll have to look at getting one then.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:tool!
Next Topic:Help in Melbourne: Air Tool
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 20:08:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009329080581665 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.