Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Stud pattern change Fri, 23 January 2004 13:05 Go to next message
Okay you bunch of Morons!!! Laughing ,

You guessed it, more Clubman related crap.

Im looking at options for changing a stud pattern on some TE/TF Cortina front hubs from whatever stock is to 4x114.3. The reason being that i have a very nice and very complete set of 5 Superlights with Advan 032Rs and I want to keep some wheel compatability between the AE86, Corolla/Corona and Clubman.

Before we start, lets get the idea of spacers, be they bolt on or otherwise out of our heads. Legal or not (Im sure they're not) I need to keep the track width where it is.

Ive heard ramblings of welding up the original holes and re-drilling to 4x114.3. Cortina hubs are cheap as piss so i thought id give it a try but the welding process hardened the bastards so they just murder drill bits.

Weather or not a machine shop could do it, i dont know...

Nor can they be offset drilled, because of the way the disc bolts to the back.

Another option is the ever unpopular (some people are tight arses) custom made hubs. The one thing im not to sure about is who would do them. Methinks general engineers in the yellowpages would be the go. It doesnt really bother me having to pay to have them done or even fabricated (within reason Very Happy ) as i see it as only a one off expense.

Has anyone had anything similar done, or know who i would talk to? If you have any comments or input just post.

(In SA if anyone knows of any businesses)

Thanks boys and girls (Ohhh yeahhh, especially the ladies Razz )

Rex
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Stud pattern change Fri, 23 January 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My suggestion would be to look at other hubs - with a little bearing swapping etc. it's amazing what you can make fit where you want it to! Never having played with a cortina (not the hubs, anyway) I don't know what they look like or what to suggest, but I can't see it all being TOO hard! Very Happy
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stud pattern change Fri, 23 January 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny you should say that, that was my other 'secret' option. Rex was planning a trip down to u-pull-it on the morrow, me should have a look around.

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Stud pattern change Fri, 23 January 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex_Kelway wrote on Fri, 23 January 2004 21:05

Ohhh yeahhh, especially the ladies Razz

Yeah, whats with the increase in "attempted chick pulling" going on around here???

Go down to your local bearing shop and compare bearings, you'll find a bearing to take a toyota hub and the Ford spindle without too much drama I assume.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Stud pattern change Fri, 23 January 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rex.

my mum used to own a cortina (square headlights, boxy shape, prone to rust, crap electrics) and now that i think about it, the front hubs (4 cyl, 4-stud) looked similar to the hubs on my celica (RA23/RA40) - then again, most hubs tdo i suppose ;(

maybe you should see what other models/makes use the same bearing as the cortina? and use that list as a starting point. it would limit your searching to wrecks that'll share the same stub axle.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stud pattern change Mon, 26 January 2004 04:35 Go to previous message
Hello once again boys,

You were dead right. It posed absolutely no problems at all. Rex went straight to the first RA60 he saw and yanked the hubs off then whallah! fit perfectly.

The only problem though is that the disc and wheel mounting surface arent where they should be. But that doesnt matter one bit Razz . Caliper adaptors are easy and surprisingly the 260mm disc and hub combo actually weigh less than the cortina hub and 230mm disc.

Cheers lads

Rex
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how many bolts are there holding a ke30 front guard in?
Next Topic:Need help with smoke problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:08:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052258968353271 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.