Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
quarter mile times Sat, 10 January 2004 00:17 Go to next message
just curious, what sort of times do all the boys with 1ggte's in therir early celica's get down the quarter?? i'm just wondering what to expect.
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: quarter mile times Sat, 10 January 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil was running low 12s in his, on street tyres Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 10 January 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a quick hijack....

what do you run draven?

and what would a 7m-gte powered ma61 run? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: quarter mile times Sat, 10 January 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never been to the strip. my estimate is about a flat 13, very high 12s perhaps.
7m with what mods? probably a mid 13
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 10 January 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooohh nice...

i was thinking 7m with BIG fmic, blow off valve, boost controller @ 14/15 psi, (metal head gasket accompanied), 2.5" to 3" exhaust, and a nice intake...... so basically not much....

to start with anyway Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2004 23:47]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: quarter mile times Mon, 12 January 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back to the subject....

I havn't run mine down the quater yet but am also curious as to what times others my have from there 1g's in early Celicas.

Cheers Kirk
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
icon8.gif  Re: quarter mile times Tue, 13 January 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any you guys know what a AE86 Sprinter will get on the 1/4 fitted out with the 4agze. Not a single other person in my area that l know of that even has one, and dragstrips are few and far between. Confused
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: quarter mile times Tue, 13 January 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about high 14s i reckon, maybe into low 15s
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Tue, 13 January 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that for the 100kw version or the one from the AW11 MR2? Smile
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: quarter mile times Wed, 14 January 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what? you said 4agze. theres not a 100kw version.
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
icon14.gif  Re: quarter mile times Wed, 14 January 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe i've been misinformed, but when l originally were hunting for a 4agze some 7 years ago, that was the response l got from more than one supplier. Are they all 126kw big willie? Were the guys that sell the things just bs'n me? That's the problem being out here, it's hard to check up on what you get told.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Wed, 14 January 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the 4agze there were a couple of variances depending on where they came from.
The 4agz outta the ae101 corollas had the most power from the factory at around 170hp
The later ae92 had 165hp
the earlier ae92 and aw11 mr2's had 145hp and ran AFM
instead of the MAF sensors on the others
The AW11/early ae92 4agze's also missed out on the oil squirters and smaller supercharger pulley and still ran a conventional dizzy. They also had a smaller compression ratio.

check out www.club4ag.com "tech reference" they have a stack of info.
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Thu, 15 January 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that info. Now l am unsure what my engine is out of. On the dyno it's definitely 126kw. I assume thats flywheel. It does not have a dizzy, l think it has a crank sensor, and it runs the coil pack ignition. Black writting on the cam covers. 8 psi boost only. The rest l would not know as l have not had it apart. However it will be coming out in the next month as l believe a big end bearing has just started to go on me. So l will be shopping for another motor very soon. Maybe a few extra go faster bits as well. I was thinking of adding a turbo down the other side. The same sort of thing you would find in the nissan march. Any suggestions? Smile
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Fri, 16 January 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should check out the Zoom magazine with the black ke70 corolla on the front.

He started off with a 4agze put on a 20valve head which supposedly bolts straight on and then stuck a big mother of a turbo on the side. It was making just shy of 300rwkw on relatively low boost with plans to go higher.

The mag would have been 3-4 issues ago.

That is what I'd eventually like to do to mine. (key word being eventually)
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 17 January 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually were considering putting the 20 valve on some time ago. My friend at Toyota said "it could be done, but the heads themselves are fragile when used with forced induction". That kinda put that idea out for me at the time and lost interest, but if it can be done reliably, i'll look into it. The other thing is how do you get around the hillborne style injection? I have also seen an article in a fast fours mag where the gze was running a 20 valve, and it was pretty quick, all the work was custom for the injection. Could be expensive. But i'll get the mag and take a look. Thanks for the info.
Nice ride by the way. Smile
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 17 January 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheapest power for a sprinter = 4agze (map sensor) + nevo 175mm overdrive pully kit(A$500). With the already strong 120-125kw of the gze, the pully kit adds a guaranteed 20kw+ giving you arround 140-150kw which is enough to propel a 940kg sprinter from 0-100kmph in 6 seconds and a 1/4 time of aproximatly 13seconds. However i have heard with even more work on the cams and changing the supercharger to a 1ggze (20% more power) you can get about 170-180kw out of the engine and low 12s 1/4's, though this is a play around job.

4AGZE = aprox A$1700
NEVO pully kit = A$500
Labour (if not done by yourself) = aprox A$2500
Ofcourse if you either do it yourself or get a mate to do it for you then youd be laughing as you have a HSV GTS beater for under $2,500 Very Happy
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Mon, 19 January 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the sought of power l'm after, but how does the diff and gearbox handle it? l only have stock items in the drivetrain, except for the clutch which was custom built. Is there a good substitute for an ae86 box? Mine's just about buggered. I have already contacted Nevo, and that item will be the first, the 1ggze supercharger sounds good if l can get one and maybe if l can find out more about it a 20 valve. Benjamin mentioned an article in zoom magazine, l,m going to check that out and see how the 20 valve was done and how they overcome the issues with the throttle body injection. But this engine replacement is going to get exspensive. I think i'll have to bs the missus a bit. Cool
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Mon, 19 January 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u want cheap power then i would definatly go the gze as its not hard to find, easy to install if u got a m8 who knows what they are doing and u dont really have to fiddle round with it after u have installed it.

However with a 20v are more expensive than a gze to start with, and once installed to get the power u want is not as easy to obtain like a gze where u just slap on a pully kit. With a 20v u need to increase the size of the cams to increase the valve timing therefore letting more fule and air in so more power can be obtained. The next problem is the ecu which u will have to change when u get up to cams arround 260 odd degrees in size which is costly as most aftermarket cpus cost over a grand. The power that u would get out of 260 degree cams would also be less than what u would with a nevo pully kit.

Next is drivability, with a gze a novice driver can be VERY QUICK! as the revs stay reletivly the same as a normal engine range (max redline for a gze MUST BE 8,000rpm, this is due to the supercharger not being able to spin beyond 10,000rpm as it then starts to mealt the teflon seals, THIS IS VERY BAD Laughing)
So this means u have very good low and mid range power and tourqe, and up to a point high range power, and this is exactly what u want if u want a quick car as u want power in the lo revs to get u up to speed quickly and not having to wait till 9,000 or 10,000 rpm powerband.
However with the 20v you have less drivability and beyoned 260deg cams u can kiss ne chance of abiding by fuel emmisions law goodbye Laughing this also means that u have much less fule economy. With the high reving nature of the 20v engine you will need to adjust the inlet mainfold soon after so that air intake can keep up with the lengthy valve timing which i have heard to increase the loudness of your car though i'm not sure if this is true. ALso when you use it as a daily driver u WILL be reving it at high powerbands as this is the nature of the engine you have created to get its full potential so you can pretty much see the practibility of this streetwise.

neway thats my 2 cents, thought u might wanna know some things about the two engines before you go ahead ^_^
mr yota
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Mon, 19 January 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to replace my current gze with another gze if l can find a 126kw version, l would just like to see how the 20v head would go on it. Best of both worlds. But l totally agree with you about the individual performance characteristics of the 2 engines. Smile I am very much the forced induction type, i've had 3 of em. Cordia Turbo (leaded model) Starion Turbo (Total piece of shit) and my sprinter (fitted with a 4agze). Out of all of them, my Toyota is by far and away the most fun. Very Happy
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: quarter mile times Thu, 22 January 2004 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gen 3 motor in a ra23 turned up to 14.5psi.. should get high 13's

think I recall someone getting a 13.86

oh thats with a LSD
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: quarter mile times Fri, 23 January 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ran a 19.5 in my 21r-c in the wet Surprised
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: quarter mile times Fri, 23 January 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i LIKE the idea of a screamer under my foot!

advantages of 20v ( although i would personally go ze or 16v )

better economy, and anyone who says a gze is more economical is stupid!

usually all low kays, due to it being a newish engine

black top has more power, similar torque, almost race prepped with some cams

here is the biggie - torque curve is flat! so perfect for drifting

technology such as vvt and vvt - i on black top

quad throts

take to carby set ups well

both excellent engines in their own right

but yes gze cheaper and less fiddling around manifolds etc!

pity bout the torque hole below 3,500, almost like na lag

great technology!

[Updated on: Fri, 23 January 2004 01:56]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: quarter mile times Fri, 23 January 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still havn't had mine down the quater.... but I did get into a race with a 93 mk4 Supra.. DEAD EVEN (rolling start).

mk4's are like 13.5 down the quater right?

Cheers Kirk
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Fri, 23 January 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what engine kirk?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 24 January 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panda Tofu ^_^ wrote on Fri, 23 January 2004 23:22

what engine kirk?

if u look at the bottom of his post it says 1977 ra28 1ggte, 1ggte is your answer LOL Very Happy
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 24 January 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooo, as u can see i have slits for eyes and i can only see 1cm up down Laughing
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 24 January 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GGTE Gen 3
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: quarter mile times Wed, 28 January 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a guy in vic doind 10.06 down the track running a ta22 with a 1ggte on slicks Shocked Shocked

Ben

P.S go the 1g's hehehe
Kach22
Regular

February 2003
Re: quarter mile times Wed, 28 January 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dudes!
I have a standard, apart from small front mount, 3tgteu non LSD and pull low 14's. Best 14.1. My mate has just chucked in a 1ggte in a TA23, being standard it is doin high 14's. He's getting the pissy 2inch end of the exhaust fixed and seeing what difference it will make.

Those 1ggte's pulling low 13's and faster would have been modified, whether it be the turbo, intercooler, intake etc. Certainly an engine with alot more 'potential' than my 3tg, still being 8v, 4cyl and only 1.8. Sad

BUT!!! I love my car and it's power (about 110kW) at wheels - doing Dyno Day on the 7th - and love goin to the drags and bracket racing where it's all about driving and knowing your car, not just who's is faster.

NJOI fellow RevHeads...
Kach22

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: quarter mile times Tue, 03 February 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
standard 3TGTE with small front mount doing 14.1 that is good, I wish mine could get near that....mine must be running very shit (not tuned)

What boost are you running and what are the dimensions of your intercooler?

Thanks
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 10 April 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My celica ran a 13.30@103mph last night on street tyres with slicks it should run in the 12's
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: quarter mile times Sun, 11 April 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14.1 for 3t gte?.. didnt think they were that quick
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: quarter mile times Mon, 12 April 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you little bitch, you know mines quick Twisted Evil ...... well maybe when it runs Embarassed
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: quarter mile times Mon, 12 April 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Mon, 12 April 2004 10:29

you little bitch, you know mines quick Twisted Evil ...... well maybe when it runs Embarassed

its damn quick.. i would have thought mid 14's.. but then again u didnt FULLY hammer it when i was in it
hmm.. me thinks a trip to willowbank is in order
the reason i dont think urs is that quick is the single spinner
which will make it harder to launch losing you time
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: quarter mile times Tue, 13 April 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive not yet run either but am keen to make trip in the next couple of months we should organise a wednesday night and all go racing Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: quarter mile times Wed, 14 April 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in.. but my car is being a wanker.. so ill see how i go
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: quarter mile times Fri, 16 April 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not get everyone out there on 8/5/04 this is a saterday so there shouldn't be much of a problem for you guys to make it
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: quarter mile times Sun, 18 April 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panda Tofu ^_^ wrote on Sat, 17 January 2004 14:32

Cheapest power for a sprinter = 4agze (map sensor) + nevo 175mm overdrive pully kit(A$500). With the already strong 120-125kw of the gze, the pully kit adds a guaranteed 20kw+ giving you arround 140-150kw which is enough to propel a 940kg sprinter from 0-100kmph in 6 seconds and a 1/4 time of aproximatly 13seconds. However i have heard with even more work on the cams and changing the supercharger to a 1ggze (20% more power) you can get about 170-180kw out of the engine and low 12s 1/4's, though this is a play around job.

4AGZE = aprox A$1700
NEVO pully kit = A$500
Labour (if not done by yourself) = aprox A$2500
Ofcourse if you either do it yourself or get a mate to do it for you then youd be laughing as you have a HSV GTS beater for under $2,500 Very Happy

Have you built this combo? Low 12's are more than 180kw at the engine away.

950Kg + driver 90Kg + 170rwKw + slicks + LSD + 6000rpm launches will give low 12's (12.1 from my experience), this particular combination also had a F A T power curve.

For the other ppl posting about 3T's, I managed 13.0 @ 103mph with stock internalled 3T GTE + FMIC, standard turbo, std T/B, std intake manifold. I also managed 14.1 with the factory managment still in place.

Siktoy RA23 - with a terminal speed of 103mph - you may scrape 12.99 out of it.

P.S. Jag7799 wrote that he didn't think that 3T's were that quick... Check the Toyota nationals results from last year and this year. Last year a 3T held over a 0.6 second better than the nearest rival (1/8 mile). This year, the same 3T was beaten (ET only) by 8TH SIN 2JZ GTE, and RA23 Celica with 1JZ GTE..

As always - I bid you all very well with your racing.
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: quarter mile times Sat, 22 May 2004 23:58 Go to previous message
i squeezed 12.6 @ 110mph on street tyres out of my internally standard 1ggte but i also got a big turbo on there.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Got fined last night - $374!!
Next Topic:me vs GTR
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:14:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063059329986572 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.