Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae82rollaboy
Regular

May 2003
awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Tue, 20 January 2004 13:47 Go to next message
hey everyone,

i was mucking around with the position of my k&n pod and ive come up with the best place for it, so i thought id post it up so others can give it a go. Very Happy Very Happy

on the ae82's, right underneath the fusebox, theres 2 holes where the factory intake resonator (the weird looking black thing thats only there to quiten induction noise) pipes come out of.

i took off the bumper and removed the whole resonator, then i ran flexible intake piping through the egg-shaped hole and down into the little space behind the bumper where the resonator used to sit.

i also cut out a small square out of the passenger side of the front bar (right near the wheel arch) and filled it with mesh, and thats where the pod sits now--between the bumper and the front guard, so its sucking the coldest air possible Shocked , and it sounds so much beefier than when it was in the engine bay too. and the best thing is that its protected from stones and water and stuff by the stocky plastic under-body plate thingy..

i reckon its an awesome place for it, and ive actually noticed that it just feels much crispier/more responsive when i get onto the throttle.

the only thing you need to do is relocate the fusebox (which ive put right behind my passenger headlight Surprised . and it gives you so much more spare room in the engine bay too.

if anyone else does it tell me what you think of it..

=====cheers, roman==============

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 13:49]

Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Tue, 20 January 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post pics if you can... sounds pretty good. Smile
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Tue, 20 January 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds exactly the same as this:
http://www.4age.net/tech/coldair.htm
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Wed, 21 January 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's the exact same. You shouldn't need to relocate your fuse box tho.
shorter intake will give you better throttle response than longer intake path.

watch out for puddles Smile
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Wed, 21 January 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a genius. Rolling Eyes
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Wed, 21 January 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehhh was that directed at myself or ae82rollaboy???
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Wed, 21 January 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not you, ae82rollaboywonder.
ae82rollaboy
Regular

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Fri, 23 January 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wayne theres no need to be a complete and utter fucken wanker about it.

its working pretty well for me and i thought i'd let others know...

if you dont like the idea then dont do it..simple http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sauer/angry-smiley-021.gif and that might give you more time to stand in front of the mirror and admire yourself for the unbelievable genious that you truly must be..

and jason, yeah its almost identical to those pics. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/aktion/action-smiley-033.gif

[Updated on: Fri, 23 January 2004 11:55]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Sat, 24 January 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work Smile

even if a How to : was made - its still a great idea Smile

wayne - thats not needed dude .. he might not have seen the how to, thought of that ?

Anyway - hope it works - and ill try to sudggest some shielding ideas when we meet up at the end of the month roman

Stu
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Mon, 26 January 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My apologies guys. I obviously have too much time on my hands and waste it flaming.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Tue, 27 January 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waynewatson wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 07:33

My apologies guys. I obviously have too much time on my hands and waste it flaming.

well you can't have to much time on your hands because you sound like a wanker Twisted Evil go to hot 4s theres more like you on there maybe they can hold it for you while you type utter crap

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2004 01:56]

waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Tue, 27 January 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't get what you just said, but it doesn't matter anyway because i apologised to ae82rollaboy & Classique71, not you.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Tue, 27 January 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 09:55

waynewatson wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 07:33

well you can't have to much time on your hands because you sound like a wanker Twisted Evil go to hot 4s theres more like you on there maybe they can hold it for you while you type utter crap

waynewatson wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 12:12

I don't get what you just said, but it doesn't matter anyway because i apologised to ae82rollaboy & Classique71, not you.

Laughing

you really are stupid
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Wed, 28 January 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just chill, its over already, everyone has had their fire ups, just let it go.

Congrats on the airfilter.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Wed, 28 January 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NP here wayne Smile alls cool from this end of the stick
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Thu, 29 January 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about for an ma61? Evil or Very Mad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: awesome ae82 pod relocation idea Thu, 29 January 2004 03:57 Go to previous message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 11:30

what about for an ma61? Evil or Very Mad

Ask Ed about his
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can a stock 1JZ ECU run a single turbo
Next Topic:Tailshaft loop on a Gt4?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 03:26:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054309368133545 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar