Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Tue, 27 January 2004 10:01 Go to next message
how do i make the rear windows wind up straight? couldnt find jack sh*t in search!
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Tue, 27 January 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not 100% sure, but I dont think they'd fit down into the chassis straight up and down, they go down sideways for lack of space. Buy as always I'm sure someone has found a way around it...
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Tue, 27 January 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Well ive never got it to happen.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Tue, 27 January 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my rear right is up. and staying that way for the foreseeable future. and i have spent many hours just to get it solidy up
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Tue, 27 January 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rail is cuved that way purposely there is not point in changing it.

jason
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Tue, 27 January 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha. the question we all ask. The door hinges have probably sunken and this makes it more difficult to get a good seal. when you say straight what do mean exactly?

I used to have trouble getting mine windows under the rubber. But if you push the window in slightly when its fully wound whilst closing the door, you can get it up and under. This obviously only works when outside the car. When I get my car resprayed it will have the doors fixed so that they are flush and this should help with getting the windows in propper working order.
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Wed, 28 January 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think most people with old celica's have had this problem. Confused
i found it best for my two TA's to just lock them into place and remove the rear window winder's.
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Wed, 28 January 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i mean is, i want to be able to wind up the window without guiding it with my hand and it to be able to stay in the same position after it has been wound up.
Its just a pain in the ass when you close the door and it knocks the rear window a bit back just enough to let water in, then u get that mould smell in there.
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Wed, 28 January 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i understand, i had the leaking problem too. im not sure about curve in the rail, unfortunate design really.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Wed, 28 January 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys, the problem with the rear windows in TA22/RA23 celicas, is a small round wheel, which runs up and down the front channel. This wheel disintergrates! replace it and all will be fine. PITA job, but well worth doing. I have not yet been able to source a simmilar size wheel, but you can make one by cutting down a nolathane sway bar link rod bush! Alternatively, raid your younger siblings box of Leggo, some of the tyres will do the job.

regards Chuck.
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Wed, 28 January 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh...thankyou my good man Very Happy. i knew they wouldnt realese a window mechanism like that in a car from factory
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Wed, 28 January 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChuckLandwehr wrote on Wed, 28 January 2004 20:46

OK guys, the problem with the rear windows in TA22/RA23 celicas, is a small round wheel, which runs up and down the front channel. This wheel disintergrates! replace it and all will be fine. PITA job, but well worth doing. I have not yet been able to source a simmilar size wheel, but you can make one by cutting down a nolathane sway bar link rod bush! Alternatively, raid your younger siblings box of Leggo, some of the tyres will do the job.

regards Chuck.

Cheers, will look into that after gettin it sprayed, could help.
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight Thu, 29 January 2004 08:12 Go to previous message
go to some sort of plastic fabrication type place, one of my mates got a mold made up (you do of course need a good original bush for this but there should be at least one out of the 6 that isn't too stuffed) and now sells sets of 4 for about $30. can't remember what they're made out of, i'll find out if you're interested, they're a bit harder than the stock ones but they go on with a light whack of the hammer. i'm not sure how much the mold cost but it can't have been too much.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Optiglow Blue xenon headlights
Next Topic:!#$^#! water pump!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 03:55:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074810981750488 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.