Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Wed, 28 January 2004 02:30 Go to next message
Has anyone put these in?
do they make any useful *non rice* benefits to night vision?

only reason I ask is I can get a set cheap..

also does anyone know *save me pulling the current globes out* what ones I would need for an RA23?
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Wed, 28 January 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the bulbs in RA23 are sealed beam?

anyway, if you did somehow get them to fit/work, they'll only work if you fit a whale-arsed rear-deck spoiler and under-car neons.... Laughing
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Wed, 28 January 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am I right to guessing that you mean just the blue globes and not real xenon system?

I have narva ones in my car and they come out a very crisp white rather than the standard orange. They are a little brighter and they would compare to the next wattage up in the standard orange brightness.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 06:24]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Wed, 28 January 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA23/28 Beams are sealed... I just replaced mine yesterday with a set of Philips Bright bulbs... very clean light to drive with Smile
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Wed, 28 January 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23mad wrote on Wed, 28 January 2004 13:30

Has anyone put these in?
do they make any useful *non rice* benefits to night vision?

only reason I ask is I can get a set cheap..

also does anyone know *save me pulling the current globes out* what ones I would need for an RA23?

These globes are shit, i wouldnt waste my money ever again, they only lasted 3mths, and they werent even that bright.

Go the narva globes, ive had them in for 12mths know and they are bright enough.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Wed, 28 January 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen Narva and Phillips make good quality white and blue globes, there a lot of cheap ones going around, think of it this way, would you like to get a set of nice cheap blue halogen globes and have them turn off while driving?. Razz
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Wed, 28 January 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xenon discharge lamps = very good, very expensive.

Normal lamps with blue tint = silly riceboy bullshit.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 07:21

Normal lamps with blue tint = silly riceboy bullshit.

Arent they defectable too?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope their perfectly legal.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I know --> they're actual xenon lights - but then I've been wrong before Razz

I'm not that keen on the actual blue colour I more want some nice bright lights to drive with Smile

Not riceboy -- I'm not too keen on rice mods...

Very Happy
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They only appear blue when they are switched off, otherwise when on they come out a crystal clear white. Normal headlights come out orange so I cant see why its a *ricerboy mod* to put it Laughing
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narva ones are only $12

they go the same as the philips extra bright ones. but the philips one are better when in high beam. used both and come to this conclusion
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Proper xenon discharge lights have their own (expensive) high-voltage power supply... they're not just fancy bulbs.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And their illegal to install unless the vechicle already came with or had them as an optional extra.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok - I love this forum - I learn something new every day I read Smile

Cheers guys -- I'll just assume their shitty bulbs -- but I'm only paying $7.00 for them so you know its all good --> worst case is I'll sell them in a little while Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Optiglow Blue xenon headlights Thu, 29 January 2004 08:17 Go to previous message
i think the ones ive got are navara.. they were around $20 (ish). they are the blueihs white ones but the light comes out just as a crisp white not rice at all.. great for normal driving but i still want more light for night time recreational driving Smile i just never seem to be able to see far enough into the next corner... im thinking making up a WRC style frame to hold 4 round lights that i can take on and off when i need it...

please note i have no intention of dricing around town with flood lights hanging off the front of the celia Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:corona upgrades need little more shwing
Next Topic:TA22 rear windows - How do i make them wind up straight
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 03:09:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058679580688477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.