Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 13 January 2004 21:39 Go to next message
To put an end to the rumors, yes, the Toyota Nationals will be happening again over the Easter long weekend. It's a rather late announcement I know but this event is always difficult to confirm due to all the things that have to come together on those dates.

The dates are Friday the 9th to Sunday the 11th April. The format will be much the same as last year with show and shine on Saturday morning (this time at a park so we have no capacity problems) and Sunday at the Dubbo City Car Clubs drag strip. The Matilda Motor Inn has again been block booked for accommodation but this year we are asking everyone to book their own rooms as it becomes too much of a headache for us to do it. When you ring though, make sure you mention you are with the Nationals or they'll tell you the motel is fully booked!

Entry forms will be available by the end of the week as a pdf download from the Nationals website:

www.toyota-nationals.org.au

The main contact for the event is David McNeill who can be contacted on 0427 006 534. You can also contact me through the Toyota Nationals website that will be updated also by the end of the week.

EDIT - Whilst this is NOT a Toymods event as such we as a club are hoping to have a large turnout and presence at the event. This is a great weekend for the whole family and I cannot recommend it enough.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 April 2004 03:50] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user  
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 13 January 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah babey!

I've booked the same room that I was in last time.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey pete, how many beds are spare? Smile

Who else needs a room, we should get in quick so we get the majority of tthe Matilda.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There might be some spare, give me a PM if you'd like a bed. I can't remember who wanted one from last year.

Oh, and I'll also get a bottle of the blue stuff 55% for the friday night. Shocked
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, you've got the room underneath don't you?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno, I havn't made any bookings or anything, unless Stitt has & has included me....
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beware the blue stuff!! lol but i do recommend lighting a shot, sealing the glass with your hand so the flame goes out, then break the seal - inhale the gas and take the shot. Seriously cool hallucinations!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffft Smile if you want hallucinogenic I'll bring some Absynth as well. That actually IS hallucinogenic. And 75% Shocked

Also have bacardi 151 (151 proof - 75%)

The "Blue stuff" is GletcherEis.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what it is.... blue stuff (GletcherEis) and Absynth apparently make cool cocktails Razz , if you can find someone who stocks both (never happens)... I found a bar locally that stocks absynth...mmm green giraffes.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And where do you get that bicardi?? I want some, no i NEED some!!!
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam right at the start of my licence suspension;( dont even think my car can make it up there might still b in the shop getting all the work done to it iam sure i can bum a lift up there with a mate.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate got the bacardi for me. I think it was from the new place on the highway between paramatatta and blacktown.

Oh, and sorry to prove you wrong, but I got my absynth and gletchereis from the same shop in little Beverly Hills.

If you'd like to "order" some, I might be able to pick it up for you ... maybe even for dyno day. ... maybe.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah get there however you can. Extra points if you can hitch! Laughing

[flynsx] Oh, btw I saw you in your car on the way to wollongong. I was in my girlfriends corona so you didn't see me. You've got a loud car! Smile

edit: put in who I was talking to.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2004 05:51]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woohoo!! Very Happy

Will have to book soon. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whee Smile Already got that weekend off - so sweeto !

now to work out what day ill have to leave to get up there ..

Whos coming up from vic ?

speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Wed, 14 January 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many people were at the last one (not just from toymods)?

this should really be a sticky!
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Thu, 22 January 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any one got a spair bed ??
Dennis
pimp1j
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 23 January 2004 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there again. Can a moderator put all the garbage about drinking into another thread if this is the official announcement thread... thanks??

Can't wait for the drags again.. Smile
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sat, 24 January 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds like fun!
Can anyone just breifly explain this to me, is it like summernats etc.
what goes on?
many ppl there?

Cheers,
Chris
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 25 January 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lots of people, lots of cars, lots of drinking! Last year we had two show'n'shine events and an 1/8th mile drag. Not sure what events are planned for this year.

If you like cars and getting pissed, you won't want to miss it. Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 25 January 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 25 January 2004 11:57

Lots of people, lots of cars, lots of drinking! Last year we had two show'n'shine events and an 1/8th mile drag. Not sure what events are planned for this year.

If you like cars and getting pissed, you won't want to miss it. Very Happy

That sounds...tempting Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 25 January 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, Pete and Stitt - can one or all of you tell me what rooms you have booked if at all? Pete have you booked with matilda itself?

I was hoping that most of us guys that were hanging around together last year could get a couple of adjacent rooms so that the partying doesnt sprawl out too far into other people's territory (like last year)

P.S. Does anyone know an email address or something that i can contact the matilda on from the USA???

GO TOYMODS!!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Mon, 26 January 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pimp1j wrote on Sat, 24 January 2004 03:52

Can a moderator put all the garbage about drinking into another thread if this is the official announcement thread... thanks??

We didn't not invite you for drinks .. I think you did drop in for a little while although you might've missed the GletcherEis. Make sure you have some this year!

And I'm quite happy for my drinking posts to be removed from the thread if a moderator wants to, they don't need to be moved out. I was just trying to cast peoples minds back to the comraderie of last year's event.

Karl, I've got Room 304 again. Same as last time. I booked it with Matilda itself, rang up, said I was part of the toyota club coming up and I wanted to book one of the rooms we were holding. Kylie also booked a room for her mum and dad who are going to come up for the weekend (this may sound bad, but it was Kylie's dad that I helped do my conversion).

bendev
Regular

July 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Mon, 26 January 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the drag strip still only 1/8 mile
or have they extended it to the full 1/4 mile
regards,
ilija

Check out my web site.
www.onguts.150m.com
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 27 January 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there again this year. Had an awsome time last year. The crown was only a stocker but this year its got some mods.

If people are Unsure about coming. Think about this; One day a heap of hot done up toyota's parked in a park for a show and shine, The next day the very same cars hurtling up a drag strip and every night getting very very drunk.

The drunk bit is up to you drunk or not just talk to fellow toyota ethasists from all over the country is a great experience.

Pete which room have you booked??? As I will ring the matilda and book the room beside for joel Karl and myself if they are keen.

Come One and All if you are in to SMICK TOYOTA'S
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 27 January 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my grandparents live in wellington so im set! Very Happy
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Thu, 29 January 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Fast Fours and Performance Cars are coming to the Nationals! They will be covering the event over the course of the weekend and following up with the feature article. And, they'll be bringing an 800hp Supra with them!!

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2004 05:00]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Thu, 29 January 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now THATS COOL! Cool
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Thu, 29 January 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha this is too tempting!

I guess I'll be there! and NOT be driving...so I'll be drinking!
Any other choices of alcomohol here???
I'm only lil...and I HATE absyntyh...was stupid enough to do straight double shots @ my 19th and well yehh.........I survived...only just Wink

Malibu n Coke for me peoples...easy drinking sherbert!!

Dan, babe what r u doin to ur car!!!??? haven't seen u up here for a while, but congrats on getting it into fast4s finally!!!!

Cheers
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Thu, 29 January 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoo hoooo. I cannot wait, I will book my room NOW....
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Thu, 29 January 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there with bells on!!!!
How many people are there to a room???
Can't wait Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MEL
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Thu, 29 January 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres different sized rooms. From 1 or 2 beds to rooms that sleep 6 people.

Best calling the Matilda in Dubbo and booking a room. Make sure you say your with the toyota club as otherwise they'll say its booked out.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 30 January 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in !!

Celica or no Celica I'll be there. Room is booked and counting the days Very Happy

mmmm v8 driving neanderthals to humiliate........ I really need to finish my car.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 30 January 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm there in Petey's room...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 30 January 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in... I am so there for this year. Nod

My hybrid will be broken-in by then, and ready to chomp-chomp a few unsuspecting victims. Very Happy You guys used to seeing the RAV4 from before, won't know it's the same engine bay.

Are there any rooms that someone's already booked, left over? Just asking before I call up and reserve one for myself.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 30 January 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 17:48

mmmm v8 driving neanderthals to humiliate

*grunt* huh? Razz
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 30 January 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete,

Anything with the words "Quad Cam" in its description is too hard to spell for the Holden and Ford V8 brigade, these would be the neanderthals in question. The 1UZ just gives me wood so its hard to steer !

Remind me to measure up that 1UZ of yours over the break, I am not convinced I can't squeeze one into the old crown.
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 30 January 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am there!!!
Missed out last year but i am gonna be there with bells on this year!!
Cant wait
MEL
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sat, 31 January 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, which room have you booked?
Stitt has got himself room 305 (next door to pete at 304).....

I really need to get home to polish up that old rolla of mine!!!

I cant wait!!!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 01 February 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my room booked. Dennis, if you're still looking for a bunk, I got one and another spare.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 01 February 2004 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget we still need entry forms for the event itself folks!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 01 February 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be coming along this year Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Mon, 02 February 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do i get my entry in while living in the USA grant???

i get back home 2nd march, is that too late?
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 03 February 2004 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Entries close 14th March. Accommodation is the main thing though.

Just a note on that to everyone. I spoke to the motel yesterday and there are very few rooms left. It looks like the Toyota Nationals have booked nearly the whole motel! If you haven't booked, get in now.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 08 February 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering about the T Shirts...

What size quide are they??? Like I need to know what Size I am gunna be...

Ppl that know me and my size, lemme know... I'm verging towards a large as I like it loose but yeah... Lemme know please...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 08 February 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're not sure dude, go for XL. You like it loose after all... Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 08 February 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knowing my luck, the XL will end up being a dress on me...

Grant, I am 6 foot tall and quite skinny... What size you reckon??? I might even give Dave McNeill a call about it Smile Smile Smile ...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 08 February 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe - a dress (and a little lippy) might suit ya. Laughing

Sorry, you walked into that one dude... Nod
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 08 February 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol... I was waiting for it... I'm not the one driving the RAV4 though Razz Razz Razz ...

Just jokin Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Mon, 09 February 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Large ben, large

unlike the rest of you Razz
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Mon, 09 February 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you be in it for a day? Dubbo is kinda far, and might be working, so If i come down to drag etc, do i have to stay for the 4 dyas?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 10 February 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Karl...
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 10 February 2004 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE, as long as you pay the entry fee you can do what you like. If you mean can you rock up on the Sunday and expect to drag, that's different. The drags are a joint Toyota/ Dubbo City Car Club event so we are limited to 50 cars including the Dubbo boys. The longer you let it go the less chance there is of getting in. Just send the entry form in as soon as you can.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 10 February 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, ok, thanks for that!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 13 February 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sent my entry form and $$$ off yesterday - Can't wait!! Very Happy
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Fri, 13 February 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On that note, could everyone else who's going PLEASE get your entry forms in soon. While the closing date is a little way off there limits to show and shine places and drags entries. We are limited to about 50 cars for SnS and about 30 for Drags. If more people want to drag we need to know ASAP so we can make arrangements with Dubbo City Car Club.

Thanks.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Sun, 15 February 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sending mine off tomorrow, now that I've FINALLY gotten my pay for the month. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 17 February 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need a room 4 nationals... any help guys....
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 17 February 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matilda Motor inn is booked out try Formula 1 motel .Or ring Matilda and ask them for a refferal .
I will look into some alternative accomodation and let you all know .If anyone can recommend some accomodation please do so

T shirts...... i would recommend large for average build average height and XL for any other .If in doubt go 1 or 2 sizes bigger t shirt design below

http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au/images/finished_resize_resize.jpg
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals - Official Announcement Tue, 17 February 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
You're a couple of days late... I did have one. Confused
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Sydney Car Festival
Next Topic:Eastern Creek Tonight, 10th March
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 14:56:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082449913024902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.