Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:31 Go to next message
Hey all,

just a wondering question (mainly because I need to replace my brakes) --> are DBA slotted brake rotors overkill for an 18rg that will be *hopefully* replaced with a 7mgte?

anyone had any experince with DBA rotors?

Also ... what's a good brand of calipers, pads etc? that are gonna be worth the moola if I buy DBA rotors?
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you planning to put a 7MGTE into your car...PLEASE tell me it isn't so...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But no, considering the size of the factory brakes, it will be far from overkill. You basically can never have too much brakes.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got discs' now *no idea what because I didn't build the car* but the discs are cactus...and yeah I was hoping on a 7mgte one day - but I dunno _ I originally wanted a 3sgte but that all seems too hard now -- so I gotta look down another high power turbo setup Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You think a 3SGTE is too hard, try jamming a huge mofo 7M in there! If you wan't power without the hassle of a 3SGTE, I'd be going a 1GGTE, much easier option.

Have you thought about the Hilux/Pug upgrade if you plan turbo power down the track?
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hilux / pug? and I wanted to avoid the 1ggte - -it seems like a nice common conversion - I want something a bit different Smile

Though I guess different = harder Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look in the articles in the Toymods site, should be the Hilux caliper Pug rotor conversion on there.

There comes a limit to when you have to look at is being different really worth it? If you want to do something different I'd stick with the 3SGTE. Seriously, the 7MGTE will turn the car into a boat.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Smile

I've actually read that article a few times -- but seing I've all ready got discs *I think the discs / axles* are from an old rwd corolla - but not sure...

might have to go down the hilux path as well - can't hurt to have more strength when you want more power...

hmm I hadn't considered engine weight yet -- *sigh* stupid hard conversions Razz

I think I'll just go the 1ggte Very Happy from what I understand that's a relatively easy swap over too Very Happy

anywhoo thanks for the advice and help Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake question Sat, 31 January 2004 03:56 Go to previous message
Thats what this place is for Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A drinking song
Next Topic:extractor tape