Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kahless
Regular

December 2003

4age idle problem Sun, 01 February 2004 07:25 Go to next message
I'm stumped as to what the problem could be.
Say the car is idles at around 1k, then idle will slowly build up to 1.5 over sat 20 seonds then just drop back to 1. Then do it again over and over. The car is fine when its running but I just want to know where to look to fix this.

Its the 100kw 4age in a 91 seca
  Send a private message to this user    
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: 4age idle problem Sun, 01 February 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car does this too, when its cold it does the rev hunting thing too, but when its up to temperature it stops Confused

86kw 4AGE in a sprinter if anyone curious.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 4age idle problem Sun, 01 February 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sensors!

Make sure all the sensors are connected at the airbox, all the right vacuums etc
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: 4age idle problem Sun, 01 February 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
airbox you say??? Fraid mine has none.
Kahless
Regular

December 2003

Re: 4age idle problem Sun, 01 February 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niether does mine. maybe the sensor was damaged when the pod filter was put in a few weeks ago.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age idle problem Mon, 02 February 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kahless wrote on Sun, 01 February 2004 23:16

niether does mine. maybe the sensor was damaged when the pod filter was put in a few weeks ago.

What did you do to put your pod in? Take the air box and then just shove the pod on? You got a pic of your set up?

I had a idle prob at one stage but was when you were driving and shit wouldnt sit still go to 1 n then to like 700 or sometimes 1100 then heaps lower. I fixed up by cleaning the throttle body and some coolant idles nice now
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 4age idle problem Mon, 02 February 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the coolant lines will be the idle up. when its cold (it will sense the water and let it idle up)

clean the throttle body. check for vacuum leaks. and the two intake ports onto the tb.

well you cant expect it to idle like factory since you've modified and tuned it.. if you want it perfect like stock then make it stock.

tuned motors will have a hard time idling and wont go near stock. you cant have both performance and factory in mind. esp with the 4AG's just aslong as it idles between 700-1200RPM it will be fine just get used to it. tuned motors would sit at atleast 1,200RPM anyway
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age idle problem Mon, 02 February 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh you got a point there, i hated it when it was to jumpy like was driving me nuts but i fixed it up now its all goood.
Asher
Regular

July 2003
Re: 4age idle problem Mon, 02 February 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know with my engine it revs higher when its starting to over heat.

So it could be a buggered temp sensor.
Kahless
Regular

December 2003

Re: 4age idle problem Fri, 06 February 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i posted this in another thread dont know where to edit it. I'll take some pics tomorrow I had major problems tonight got in the shit with girlfriends parents who are bugging me to buy a nice sensible ford.
First time I've ever had any major problem with it and they tell me that car is too old and unreliable.
Sorry I'm just pissed off and ranting. Why would I want anything that isnt a toyota?
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age idle problem Sat, 07 February 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats wrong with your car? Dont worry bro i get the same treatment buy my uncle telling me to buy a new car fresh out of the factory, i am like sorry sick cunt you got money
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4age idle problem Sat, 07 February 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re-set the TPS, and if that doesent fix it clean the idle up control with an air gun
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4age idle problem Sat, 07 February 2004 06:55 Go to previous message
is the thermostat before or after the engine? (in terms of flow)

if it is before, then when the cooler radiator water hits it, it may close, and then open when warm etc etc..

so the water going thru the idle up circuit alternates between warm and cold?
just an idea.
Cya, Stewart
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FAQ:: 4A-G Engine Information
Next Topic:Pic of water/air I/C on top of rocker cover (ST205)?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 00:49:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052897930145264 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.