Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Celica GT4 1991 SOLD!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Celica GT4 1991 SOLD!!! Sun, 18 January 2004 02:51 Go to next message
Hi guys, selling a Celica GT4 91 model.
Black, Manual
Recently fitted it with an import engine which had 60000kms on the odomoter (was a half-cut),turbo has been checked and is in great nick. also had the timing belt changed, new clutch plate and various others things in the engine bay was fixed up. TUned by Croydon Racing Developments, running 12psi. Also fitted with new platinum spark plugs. It is mechanically A1!!and pretty QUICK!
I have all receipts to prove.

-3inch Remus exhaust cat back
-HKS TUrbo Timer
-also has sunroof (although it recently stopped working, which is either simply the fuse blown, or the microswitch)
-foglights
-ABS
also reg til October 04

I am asking for $13300 ONO. You wont find a GT4 in such condition.

I currently have no pics, but paint is in almost perfect condition.
Name's Ivan. Contact me on 0405321821 or email cheeky_boy01@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Also look in the parts section as im selling the old engine/turbo/intercooler.
Thanks guys.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2004 06:58]

Send a private message to this user    
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Wed, 21 January 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i forgot it also has a blow-off valve.
sillycar
Occasional Poster

January 2004
icon4.gif  Re: Celica GT4 1991 Wed, 21 January 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
recently researched a 3sgte conversion on my st184 91 sx.
worked out to cost a minimum of $7500 (just for the conversion).
So i'm looking for a 91 gt4. problem is only have a 11-12000 budget. Where are u located?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Wed, 21 January 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can do that conversion for under 2k Wink
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Wed, 21 January 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*free bump*

hmm... how so. cheapest front cut i can find is a st185 for 2350 and then you still need a different clutch. The rest can be done yourself if your competent enough. Smile
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Thu, 22 January 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi sillycar,
r u intending to convert to 4wd too?!
Im located in North Rocks, which is near Parramatta (NOT north of The Rocks).
But, i have already received some interest in the car at this price, and i have not even advertised it in the papers yet. Also, i spent a fair bit of money on this car,so at this point i dont think ill be giving it up for 12000. But gimme a call if you are genuinly interested, come have a look/test and we'll see if we can work sumthing out
Cheers.
sillycar
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Fri, 23 January 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i cant i researched it it'll cost me $7500.
i've got a purchase a frontcut $1700, new clutch, fuel pump, wiring, all the other little bits and pieces, aswell as the front wheel conversion.
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Fri, 23 January 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hijaak this tread but this is for sillycar:

Bought: GRP A GT4 front cut: $2650
Clutch: $120
Hire of hoist: $70
Random expenses: $200
All the fluids etc: $150
Standard GT4 bonnet: $200
Standard cooler: free
Standard front bar: $170

Sold: GRP A cooler, front bar and hood: $3000
4WD Gearbox: $650
Driveshafts: $150
GT4 shifter: $100
Other misc stuff off front cut: $300

Do the math and see how much the engine conversion cost me. The $2000 I quoted was just a conservative figure. A while after I did the conversion I also put in an MR2 gearbox but that was only because I wanted to run high amounts of boost and wanted the drivetrain to handle it without things breaking. There's no wiring involved because everything is plug and play and your standard fuel pump doesn't need to be changed. Also I don't understand why you need a front wheel conversion.

If you have any questions about this conversion PM me. A GT4 and a FWD 3S powered Celica are two totally different cars Wink

ivan83: good luck with the sale, its a great car for what your asking for it

[Updated on: Fri, 23 January 2004 23:20]

ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 25 January 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok..here r the pics..hope somebody likes em. Cool

Attachment: DSCN3447.JPG
(Size: 97.97KB, Downloaded 346 time(s))
Attachment: DSCN3448.JPG
(Size: 81.39KB, Downloaded 159 time(s))
Attachment: DSCN3449.JPG
(Size: 96.54KB, Downloaded 169 time(s))

ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 25 January 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and some more!

Attachment: DSCN3453.JPG
(Size: 93.18KB, Downloaded 156 time(s))
Attachment: DSCN3459.JPG
(Size: 94.46KB, Downloaded 144 time(s))

ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Mon, 26 January 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*
isnt anyone interested at all? Confused
i guess i'll put it in the tradingpost soon then
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Wed, 28 January 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump Smile
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Thu, 29 January 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i feel a it rude doing this...but
bump Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Thu, 29 January 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh. A lot of people on here are povo, like me.
But perhaps your asking too much? Anyway, bump.
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Thu, 29 January 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, thanks for the bump Shraka, i feel really rude to keep doing it, but i just really need to get rid of the car!
I probably am asking a little more than most GT4s, but ive spent thousands making sure that this would be a reliable car in the long run, as i was intending to keep it for years to come. Ive had some interest already, so fingers crossed! Smile
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
icon12.gif  Re: Celica GT4 1991 Thu, 29 January 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsut keep ur cool, my mate has a gt4 and it isnt in the best shape, no wehre near as clean as ur car, and his has something like 250 000kms! and he was offered something like 12500 for it the other day??? pretty crazy ur car looks sick paint is in awsome condition and has more work than my mates, put it in the trading post thats a bloody good price i reckon anyways good luck with the sale even tho u know u wana keep it hehehe
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Fri, 30 January 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Domasik: thanks for the encouraging words. I have two poeple interested now, so i will keep it cool! IF it falls through it will go to the Post. ANd yes, i really hate having to sell it, fun car, but its gotta go Crying or Very Sad
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Fri, 30 January 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys i wouldnt bother converting a st184r with the 3sgte.the fwd version maybe lighter but the power will just end up in wheelspin and smoke and also you will go through gearboxes like nothing else...
my brother was looking at doing this conversion even though it was cheap around $2500 Shocked but he is just gonna get the real thing, a gt4..

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Fri, 30 January 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan - i think your right on the money for your price ..

yours is heaps neater than mine - and mine was on the market for $12500 with 200000 already on the dial and bumpers in need of respraying..

I totally think its worth every cent that your asking , A buyer with a good eye will come along and realise this..

For those interested - for your money there isnt ANY car in my oppinion outside of maybe a jza70 that has the features for that price and the quality of workmanship to back it up ..

They are worth every cent , have a bulletproof drivetrain , can stop on a dime if needs be and will flog the hell out of alot of " performance " cars on the market - and still have room to say eat my dust.

With the odd tweak here and there performance wise - and a few K invested these cars are capable of scaring the likes of Skyline GTR's and evo's ..

I hope yours gets a true enthusiast buyign it Ivan - good luck to the sale - and i hope this isnt your last Gt4 ..

ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Fri, 30 January 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx again for the kind words, and Classique71: i certainly hope this isnt my last gt4 too!, when my time is good, and opportunity arises, i certainly hope to sit behind the wheel of a GT4 again! Smile
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Fri, 30 January 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw, what is a jza70?
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sat, 31 January 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk3 supra with a 1jz-gte engine in it
only available by import(and since the 15 year import rule came in..they're unable to be imported untill next year(think they were made from 1990-92?)
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sat, 31 January 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i had the money, and if you lived in Brisbane, i would buy it in a flash.

Good luck with the sale, and if you still have it in 6 months, ill buy it off ya Razz

B U M P
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the deal fell thru with this guy from Canberra, who decided to buy GSR instead Mad
so its going into the Post!
and Lance, you said it!...ill PM you in 6 months if i still have it Very Happy
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean in consideration, to fly down isn't more then $100, and it would need about $100 in fuel to drive it back to brissy, i'd say i'd do it, for a prestine GT4.

Im correct in saying thats a groupA engine you got in that thing? (i can just barely make out the WTA intercooler, if im not mistakened) And i've been looking around for one the past month, spectral can tell you this (i've been asking him a million and one questions - btw cheers again spectral)

As i said, 6 months, i should have enough funds (i got rejected from the banks for finacne, so i have to do it the old fashioned way Sad)

BTW: with the sunroof, i believe they are quite easy to fix, remove the entire fitting, and regreese the whole lot, u'd find its just gotten a bit dry. Else, its a motor. Thats from what i've read on a few GT4 sites.

Again goodluck with the sale.
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know of any other aussie forums where this may appeal? thanx in advance.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its an Air to Air type ( non group A )- but dont let that deter you Smile they are still very very good Smile

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivan83 wrote on Sun, 01 February 2004 15:38

does anyone know of any other aussie forums where this may appeal? thanx in advance.

try performanceforums.com
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon3.gif  Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, sell it at www.carsales.com.au

sold mine in.... 2.5 hours
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon u could get away with puttin it the trado with a colour photo and ask for 14k, the drop it to 13.5k the following week if its still there, also try ebay.com.au, carsales.com.au, drive.com.au or uniqie cars. these cars are pretty hard to come by, especially in the condition that yours is in so i reckon u just gotta be patient, jsut dont sell urself short cause im sure theres plenty of people here who know just how much this gem is worth.

anyways good luck with the sale, can i ask why u are selling it tho?
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sun, 01 February 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to carslaes.com, and i must say that the cars are much more expensive there than the trading post. Main reson im selling it is that right now i have two cars. The other one is a Bluebird SSS, but i have to get rid of one of them, and though i love the GT4 alot more, the price that i will fetch for the Bluebird is really low, so in a sense, i cant afford to sell it. Confused
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Mon, 02 February 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivan83 wrote on Mon, 02 February 2004 09:43

i went to carslaes.com, and i must say that the cars are much more expensive there than the trading post. Main reson im selling it is that right now i have two cars. The other one is a Bluebird SSS, but i have to get rid of one of them, and though i love the GT4 alot more, the price that i will fetch for the Bluebird is really low, so in a sense, i cant afford to sell it. Confused

so you'd have a better chance of selling yours there then !!!

and cheaper for 9 pics !

do the $30 combo
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Tue, 03 February 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 01 February 2004 20:33

Its an Air to Air type ( non group A )- but dont let that deter you Smile they are still very very good Smile

Ah okay, it just looks like an WTA cooler. Im not being detered, just that finances don't allow for it at the moment. And as i said, if i had the cash i'd fly down, buy the car and bring it back to brissy.

Again good luck with the sale.
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Sat, 07 February 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car is curently in the Trading Post. I am negotiable at this point as i need to get rid of the car.
Cheers.
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Mon, 09 February 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car is sold!
One of the most heartbreaking moments of my life! Sad
Seeing someone step into my car, driving away....ahwell.
Thanx for the guys that complimented on my car, and kept bumping it up 4 me!
I just hope that one day i can own another GT4.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica GT4 1991 Mon, 09 February 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats and condolances on the sale ..

And lets hope you do get another when one can be provided for
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 SOLD!!! Mon, 09 February 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on the sale. Its always heartbreaking letting a car go.

But dream of the moment of sitting in a GT4 again.

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Celica GT4 1991 SOLD!!! Mon, 09 February 2004 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what did you end up getting bro?
ivan83
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Celica GT4 1991 SOLD!!! Mon, 09 February 2004 23:42 Go to previous message
Classique71: congrats and condolences both accepted, strangely Confused
i fetched 12500 for it. A litle under what i was targeting, but then i was after a quick sale, and he flashed the cash..i was like Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wanted ke30
Next Topic:Ford EA s-pack (sorry not a toyota but money made is funding ta22 project)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:45:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089280605316162 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.