Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Exhaust shop recommendation/s Thu, 29 January 2004 07:38 Go to next message
Just a quick one...
The Mrs and I may be going to Darwin in a few weeks, and (may) be taking the Cressy for a bit of a run... Evil or Very Mad

With luck, I may have a CAI for the thing prior to that (prods Shane Laughing ), and I would like to de-restrict the exhaust a bit more at the same time. Fortunately, I will be in Sydney on the 5th of Feb, so am looking for an exhaust shop in the Westmead area (wherever that is Razz ) to take the rear section (which is a 2.5 inch pipe, with 4000cc cat, plus 1 muffler and 1 resonator), and replace this with a full 3 inch section, including (obviously) 3 inch cat, muffler and resonator - preferably a 3 inch into twin 2.25 inch tail pipes...

Can anyone recommend a shop which would be:

A) Close (to Westmead)
B) would do a reasonable job at a,
C) Decent (read: cheap) price?

Any assistance appreciated!
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Thu, 29 January 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael at

PARRAMATTA EXHAUST CENTRE

6 Barney St North Parramatta 2151
(02) 9630 5611

has always been awesome to me. Friends of mine have had great experiences to with really good prices. He is a quite busy though..
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Thu, 29 January 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DONT go to Croydon Autosports...
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Fri, 30 January 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 22:29

DONT go to Croydon Autosports...

Whats wrong with them??
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Sat, 31 January 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, nothing wrong ... just overpriced and not really honest with me... i.e. they should have told me that an exhaust on a 1.5 N/A car is not going to be worth my while and money

Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Sun, 01 February 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sun, 01 February 2004 01:39

well, nothing wrong ... just overpriced and not really honest with me... i.e. they should have told me that an exhaust on a 1.5 N/A car is not going to be worth my while and money

Mad

they probably just thought u were a ricer and told u what u wanted to hear "comes with a free nos kit that we will install too"
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Sun, 01 February 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 18:38

Just a quick one...
The Mrs and I may be going to Darwin in a few weeks, and (may) be taking the Cressy for a bit of a run... Evil or Very Mad

With luck, I may have a CAI for the thing prior to that

Think twice about a low cold air intake you may have to travel on dirt road's and an air filter full of dirt is going to really mess your day up there

Allan
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Sun, 01 February 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yeh, doesnt your exhaust make much noise les?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Sun, 01 February 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounded real good, but did nothing for performance.. really..

SOHC thats prolly y too...
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Sun, 01 February 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sun, 01 February 2004 11:11

biased99 wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 18:38

Just a quick one...

With luck, I may have a CAI for the thing prior to that

Think twice about a low cold air intake you may have to travel on dirt road's and an air filter full of dirt is going to really mess your day up there

Allan

Having lived there for a number of years, I can honestly say that we won´t be going anywhere near dirt. Straight up the Stuart Hwy and straight back down again...(hence the desire to free things up...)
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Mon, 02 February 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All good then, Enjoy!
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Mon, 02 February 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BANKSTOWN MUFFLER FIT!!!!!! there ok and i luv the way they work (7 cones before welding) now thats what i call productivity Smile dont bother going to Lambros Hi Tech exhausts. they done a barina GSI for me it sounded good but costed me $1200 Sad also i recommend Liverpool Exhaust there fair and good.....
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Exhaust shop recommendation/s Mon, 02 February 2004 04:46 Go to previous message
TryUrLuk wrote on Mon, 02 February 2004 14:47

BANKSTOWN MUFFLER FIT!!!!!! there ok and i luv the way they work (7 cones before welding) now thats what i call productivity Smile dont bother going to Lambros Hi Tech exhausts. they done a barina GSI for me it sounded good but costed me $1200 Sad also i recommend Liverpool Exhaust there fair and good.....

hahahah bro i got my exhaust from there banx lol did that short guy serve you ali? i got it cheap from there
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Should ALL police pursuits be abandoned?
Next Topic:Freighting wheels from NSW to TAS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 14:34:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044450759887695 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.