Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
icon14.gif  AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Mon, 02 February 2004 10:24 Go to next message
I am going to make myself a turbo manifold to hold a s15 bbt28 on my aw11 and was wondering, If i made one would anyone else be interested in one if i made another?

Might not be for a little while yet but just thought i would ask. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm very interested. Very Happy what price are you looking at and will it include a dump pipe?

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope to start the first one in the next few weeks/month ( Still waiting for my turbo ) Im not sure of price as i havent made it yet and as for the dump pipe, yeah, cant see why not?

I didnt want to go into mass production or anything but just wanted to see if i should bother making another.....or two Smile You know, help some of the people that have helped me on this forum Very Happy

Due to the fact that it always takes a while to get parts and stuff gathered for the conversion, these manifolds are for people that arent in that much of a hurry. If you are then dont wait for me but if your not, i may be able to help.

Once it gets going i will put a post up. This post was just to see if there was any interest cause i've looked around and i cant find any, and they can get stuffed if they want me to pay over a grand at some places for a manifold Mad

Keep you posted Surprised
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a guy in the US selling them for $280US which sounds like a damn good price.

http://www.board.mr2faq.com/showthread.php?s=f6049 05ef03889c06ea28d74f8474805&threadid=196469
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a look at it......Didnt like the way the pipes merge into the turbo flange. That could cause a restriction by the looks of things Confused

Each to their own though Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, take into account the exchange rate and postage ?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 04 February 2004 14:46

Had a look at it......Didnt like the way the pipes merge into the turbo flange. That could cause a restriction by the looks of things Confused

Read my post on page 2 of the thread.....
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You dont like it either? Confused
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in no hurry. so let me know how the first one goes. Razz
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries midnight Smile
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 04 February 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 04 February 2004 15:07

You dont like it either? Confused

I agree that it could be better, however there are people on that board who have spent a lot of time and money on different design manifolds trying to find one which works - I'd only suggest building your own if you really enjoy a challenge..
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Sat, 16 October 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manifolds, especially for aw11 are hard to make... im a very technical person myself having spent years in the shed boongin around, done welding courses etc and i found my first one tricky...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Sat, 16 October 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i definantly need one Smile
any word on pricing ?

[Updated on: Fri, 29 October 2004 09:43]

moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Sat, 16 October 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I noticed this on the MR2 board.
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadi d=51295&highlight=CA18
If it doesn't work, cut and paste this in the search.
Fitting ca18DET manifold to 4AGZE

CA18DET manifolds fit the S14/15 turbos with minimum hassle.
Check Silvia forums for all the info.
I think copying one of these manifolds in reverse so the comp cover is at gearbox end may be a smart way to make the manifold. Alternatively, you could cut the turbo flange off the manifold and use this on your own creation.

Justin
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Thu, 28 October 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am JARBA on the www.mr2oc.com forums. Its a pity the manifold idea has soo many flaws. The cast manifold was a testbed as i wanted to get a nice stainless ca18det manifold and swap the flanges over. It just puts the turbo in a awkward position. I would suggest a log type manifold or a manifold from adsport i belive he is on these forums somewhere. He made mine and its mighty fine Smile Cant wait till the 4agte is complete
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Thu, 28 October 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMO you cant beat a log type for simplicity and ease to make for a home job. i found it easy and it works fine. Smile

the ca18det t25 dump pipe is also very easy to modify for use.
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Thu, 28 October 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peekaboo
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 03 November 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im keen for one in no hurry will watch this space with interest
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: AW11 Turbo manifold, Anyone need one? Wed, 10 November 2004 14:45 Go to previous message
been too lazy, my jig got THROWN out by SOMEBODY we wont mention so i just made up another today

"oh i thought it was just scrap bits you had been practising on"

GRR!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:IACV/ISCV etc from a 20V 4AGE?
Next Topic:Oil Rating for 1986 Celica SX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:51:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077610015869141 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.