Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Tue, 03 February 2004 10:39 Go to next message
Hey, quick question.
If i get extractors for my Camry's 3S-FE engine, and later on down the track decide to get a 3S-GE engine put in or change cars to a Celica ST-162, would i be able to replace the original manifold, with the 3s-fe extractors, or are the manifolds different?
  Send a private message to this user    
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Tue, 03 February 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive read somewhere that the stock manifolds are interchangeable so one can assume the extractors would be....this is going off second hand information tho so id try to get it confirmed
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Tue, 03 February 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats true man you can the extracors I had on my 3SGE celica were also the same ones listed for the 3SFE engine. actually thats the opposite way around, they were listed for the 3SFE but fitted my 3SGE, cause there were none listed for the 3SGE.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats great, if i decide to get extractors, that means i don't have to sell the car with them.
Are they hard to fit? or is it best to get them professionaly done?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get them done if you can't weld yourself I reckon.

the top section bolts on, but the bottom section is just plain metal tube usually and needs to be welded
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can weld, but i only have a crappy stick welder, so i would probably get it done, and if i end up selling the camry they shouldn't be too hard to remove right?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude it cost me $100 for installation + a few beers to thank them for the quality last minute job -> these dudes in Ulverstone (who I don't know at all - Precision Exhaust or something we so nice to me

so anyway, in Sydney if you get a quote near that you should be pretty happy I reckon ay
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah...
How much for parts?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$300 for mah Berkleys, Genies go for about $400 I think...
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats not bad.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the genies cost me $350, plus yeah the $100 bucks installation.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe - want to know how much a set of extractors to suit a 3sgte ( with turbo adaptor costs ) in stainless steel pipe + hpc coated ?

wait for it ...

900 dollars ! HEHEHE! mucho $bling$

Thaths the quote i got form aussie to match up a set to the rest of my exhaust setup ..

Mind you they say - oh a 25 % ish increase in powahs is on the cars Wink
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3sge extractors are hard to find,i've got an sw20 mr2 with a 3sge in it and not one company makes a specific set for mr2's.After some time i finally realised (stupid me)that the early celicas use the 3sge engine and are fwd with east/west mount engine.The mr2 is rwd but still is an east/west mount engine and my exhaust shop had a set of genies for a celica and since they are the same motor they mounted up.It cost me $618 and a fullday to do it.So it wasn't cheap.But the car sounds awesome and they look cool.Only downside is the oil filter is water cooled on the mr2 whereas the celicas are not.so in order to change the oil filter you must undo the extractors.bit of a bugger.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just notiiced my typo

25 Hp or KW i think was the figure quoted. Geez i cant remember - my brains fried
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Wed, 04 February 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Camry_Omega i just found out Walker mufflers also do extractors for the 3sfe, I cant beleive that, theres no extractors for the mr2 and they do have them for the 3sfe, seriously how many camry owners modify their cars compared to mr2 owners hehe. The 3sge MR2 Bathurst motor im getting for the camry has factory extractors Very Happy.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 February 2004 10:04]

SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Thu, 05 February 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rob any recommendations of where to get extractors in sydney?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Extractor 3s-fe/3s-ge Thu, 05 February 2004 02:03 Go to previous message
nah man sorry Sad I did all my research in tassie while I was there.

I would call Parramatta Exhaust as he has always been a good price and excellent service though if I was looking.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 changes
Next Topic:ST162 shake on idle
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 22:00:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052509307861328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.