Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » who is going to the toyota day june 9??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon5.gif  who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Sat, 01 June 2002 13:33 Go to next message
Freak i'll be there, who else is going for a look?
  Send a private message to this user    
skitz_supra
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Sat, 01 June 2002 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll try to make it, where and when is it exactly??
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Sat, 01 June 2002 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
9th June, 10 am, Toyota Head Office Grounds, Paradise Rd cnr Beudesert Rd.
might see you there then.
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 04 June 2002 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be there ...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 04 June 2002 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gadday John, I should be there if I can figure out how I can get there.
Might see ya around.
AE82neo
Regular

June 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 04 June 2002 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i am new to toymods, i am from twincam16.com, same name thier. yeah just wonderin what this is..like is it new releases or is it like a show 'n' shine of toyo's???
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 04 June 2002 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling have a look here:

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/viewthread.php?FI D=3&TID=4774
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 04 June 2002 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it cost? Or do you just have to make a reservation? Or can you just rock up? Thanks.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there i hope Smile might even give the old redbeast a polish and a vaccum Smile that is if i havent got the front end in bits from my new swaybars and stuff Smile

Im pretty sure a heap of the celica club guys will be there - I wont be surprised if i dont see Simons " oomph " celica in the show arena

Stuart
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apollo,
as far as i know you just turn up, well thats what i did a few years ago, and this year!, i got there late though so not many were there, should be a good turn out this year apparently. i'm spewing cause i just smashed my front spoiler to bits, so me and my car will be looking prity sorry for ourselves when we get there.!! did you check the forum link in my other post? it has info all about the day. Freak
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I checked that link. That's why I asked the Q's.

Cool, I'll just turn up then I guess.

I've give the beast a clean on saturday, polish too. It's been a very long time since it got a wash, and I've neglected the polish for too long.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling no probs, i'll see you there.
AE82neo
Regular

June 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok yeah i will try and get thier, should be a good day..

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Feral, I just saw where it is. Gee it's a hike. I'll still go though. But I noticed your location. Geezus!!!!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, what can i say, i'm a toyota fan Grin , plus any excuse to go for a drive in my feral4mr2! Rolling
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your just using the Toyota Day as a excuse to come down to the big city Cool
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak it would be alright if i had some wild women to come down there for!! Razz otherwise i dont think that much of brissie, much rather be in PERTH. Grin
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 05 June 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I make no comment about women! But whats wrong with Brisbane..

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Thu, 06 June 2002 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll say!!!!!!

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Thu, 06 June 2002 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will anyone be showing off here ??
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Thu, 06 June 2002 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

Hey John, If your still going on sunday and you got a spare seat, can I tag along?
I'll catch a train over to near where you staying!

Shane.
BigBadBenny
Regular

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Thu, 06 June 2002 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys, I'll be at the winter nationals.
And besides, my celica is half missing parts and runs so awfully after it got stolen. maybe next year.
Benny
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Fri, 07 June 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its at Acacia Ridge? Right?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Sat, 08 June 2002 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whew! Just spent 8:30am to 1pm cleaning my car today. I did lots of "stuff you don't see" cleaning and lots of interior stuff. I always vacuum, but I went further this time. No spray and wipe job here. Do it properly is what I believe. I never got around to polishing though, too stuffed in the end. But it's looking good, see ya's there tomorrow. I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the fat bastard driving (most likely the only one) dark blue holden apollo.

I'll be having to leave here at 8:30am tomorrow too just to get there on time. LOOONNNNGGGG way. But not as far as Feral though. Razz You had better leave now to make it there. Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 10 June 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apollo, you spent all that time cleaning and you didnt even bring it in? oh, well at least it's clean for a while. Grin
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 10 June 2002 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea, I know. In the end I should have. I think there were only 2 camry's there. Mine would have been the first for a while if I had. Ah well. Next year I'll bring it in for sure.

I found it hard to leave steve's gt4. I kept going back to look at it. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 10 June 2002 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it was an interesting day to say the least - i was there - as well as a heap of the celica club members - Nice to see 2 of the "show" quality cars turning up ( i LOOVE ommph ! " ) and steves GT4 to make it three Smile

Kinda humbling having my 160HP pig ta22 next to a 400 + 4wd monster like that thing Smile Razz

A good turn out was had by all im sure - though it was interesting to see a few MR2 boys leaving just after they got there + the sprinter girls ( its rod's term - and catchy ) sitting up the back in the shade ( bastards !! ) Smile

I hope next years bigger and better again - though event organisers would be smart to advert it more to get more of a crowd to admire the cars

Stuart
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 10 June 2002 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car did you have Stuart?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 10 June 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the red 71 ta22 sitting next to steves GT4 ( the GT4 with the massive front intercooler and asll the go faster bits )

The old celicas a pig - but i like my old pig - i didnt leave the bonnet up like the rest of the guys cause it looks Shitty -
( no detailing - engine needs respraying - wires need hiding ) though under theres a very nasty piece of 2TB that can give these 2tg and 4ag owners a bit of a scare Smile

lookign forward to the upcoming dyno day for our club to finally see aht figure i can squeeze from the old anchor

Stuart

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 10 June 2002 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw your car too. It helped parking it next to steve's. Smile

Sorry, couldn't help myself. At least you showed yours though. Mine was left out the front. I should have brought it in. Cry
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 10 June 2002 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jezz I had to look back through the photos I took. I remember it now, Not to shabby at all.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Fri, 14 June 2002 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
testing my avatar !
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 17 June 2002 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it was a good day. I wish I had have had my Digital camera with me but it was in getting repaired / replaced.

There was certainly some nice cars there.

I ended up leaving about 12 or so and headed back down the coast. Thought i'd try to fix the overheating problem with the torana and I did. Turned out to be a faulty thermostat.

Thanks to everyone that came. Should see you there again next year. I'll even shine the car up a bit more and make it look better. Before that I will see you at either the Jamboree or at Brisbane Autosalon. I've been booked into Sydney Final battle so i'll be there as well.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 17 June 2002 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toad Runner Rolling Eyes Jezzz dump that peice of crap :-

I was going to flog your bonnet Steve! Did'nt thint you would notice. I would'nt mind moulding that scoop onto my TA22.
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Mon, 17 June 2002 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flog the bonnet off the other GT4 that was there .. and i'll give you mine !!

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 18 June 2002 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laffs ! bonnet envy !

Steve - did you see about the grp A bonnet from toyota - ?

i also think toysport in the states make a bonnet replica too or something

Hmms - a gt4 scoop on a ta22 ?? you might as well use a WRX style one - their easier to fit + you dont have to ruin a GT4 bonnet to get the scoop

Stuart
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 18 June 2002 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I haven't gotten a price from toyota for a grpA bonnet. (too scared)

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 18 June 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve, 4 pages, good on ya!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 18 June 2002 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A WRX scoop on a TA22? Hmmm i think i'll pass on that!
Anyway i dont think i'll end up having a scoop at all! I might just put a bloody big vent on there to let more air through the front.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon13.gif  Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 18 June 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak nooooooo!!!!! dont wreck a toyota with something of a wrx!!!! there's enougth of those bloody things around without using bit's of em. No No No
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 18 June 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were the vents to be used for induction or sucking out hot air ?

if its induction i had a good idea of putting a intake setup ( for carbs ) on the front leading edge of the drivers side bulge .. you could runa pip - athough small from a small intake scoop , down into a box setup for the carbs off the side of your motor

meand cutting a hole in the bonnet though - or just run a pod somewhere in the bonnet - box it in VN commodore syle - and run cold air intake from outside of the bay

As for sucking hot air out - a few XR falcon ( el series _ would look ok - the non 3 slit types - they are quite effective to draw out hot air from under the hood - and dont look too bad

Stuart
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Tue, 18 June 2002 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i want to setup a vent that draws hot air out! I was thinking about vents on the bonnet about the size of the EVO style.
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Fri, 21 June 2002 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah .. 4 pages .. Smile

Anyone that hasn't seen the latest hot4s ..

Go to http://www.celicagt4.info/hot4s.html for scans.
Levin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: who is going to the toyota day june 9?? Wed, 14 August 2002 12:59 Go to previous message
Where there many AE86's there? Last year there where only four including mine, and we were all together anyway! I couldn't make it this year as I was overseas.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car contacts in Brisbane
Next Topic:Best place for windscreens
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:00:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059959888458252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.