Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Wastgates external or internal Sat, 07 February 2004 16:57 Go to next message
Whats the advantage of having an external wastgate to an internal. also do you still need to use a BOV with the external? you see i'm not very educated in turbos and gates. so a point in the right direction would be great.

Regards, Justin
  Send a private message to this user    
robs
Regular

July 2003
Re: Wastgates external or internal Sun, 08 February 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basically a exturnal wasre gate is usually bigger than most internal typpes more easily controlling boost and in some cases reducing backpresure it also removes the turbulence and backpressure caused by internal W/Gs as they murge in directly at turbine outlet in most cases. in my opinion exturnal wastegate allso sound cool Very Happy when vented with screamer pipes. hp thats helpful . BOV are not realy anything to do with wastegates there purpose is to bypass excess pressure when throtle is clossed quickly and turbo still spinning. mainly to protect turbo from damage to thrust bearings and even compressor wheels. its highly recomended 2 use BOV for most turbo applications

[Updated on: Sun, 08 February 2004 08:13]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wastgates external or internal Sun, 08 February 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only thing I thought I'd add is that it seems that in many cases people seem to get the take off point for their external gate in some horrible places, which must cost a bit of power... Evil or Very Mad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wastgates external or internal Sun, 08 February 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The relative pros and cons of internal vs external gates is pretty much a moot point; in the vast majority of cases you only use an external gate because the turbo you're using doesn't come with an internal gate. Generally speaking big turbos don't have an integrated wastegate, but smaller turbos do.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Wastgates external or internal Mon, 09 February 2004 03:47 Go to previous message
thanks guy, i was wondering if there would be any gain in useing a external gate on the ct26, but it sounds as if its much of a muchness.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:urgent help for aw11 service..
Next Topic:Bottom End Internals - Dimensions (1JZ/2JZ/RB26)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 16:25:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056281089782715 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.