Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 08:44 Go to next message
Got Lowered king springs on my car sittin nice and low. I want some nice 17 inch rims is there any possible way to raise my height or do i need to replace my springs with my old springs?

and one of my sx stocky springs is damaged were can i get a replacment of one, not 4
  Send a private message to this user    
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may have to go back to your original springs - depends on the clearence and spring rate of the king springs. If you haven't enough clerence then you could roll the guards or put the other springs, I'm not aware of other solutions. If your worried about bottoming out then you could make sure you have a linear rate lowered spring that will be a lot rougher on the road but might prevent bottoming out. Lovells make linear rate springs for my car, and this is the reason i got them instead of the King Springs.

You could just head down to the local wreckers and buy a single spring - maybe even a self serve.

hope this helps. I've just done the rear suspension on my car after getting bigger wheels, so I know what your facing.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh yeah fair enuf. Are all ae92 rollas using the same springs. All the same height?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My opinion would be to use a set of standard height King's springs, they will still lower your car a tad over stock, but will be higher than the low's.
If your Kings Low's are in good nick you could probably flog them off to offset some of the cost.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sounds good, My springs are only 4 months old or so. I still want the handling that King Springs offer. Did 90 around a corner that said speed should be 35kz around it, car was stuck to the ground like glue Laughing
beerfart
Regular

August 2002
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe even look into getting the Kings reset a bit higher.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do they do that?
beerfart
Regular

August 2002
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coil springs can be reset up or down by retempering them and streching or compressing them to the desired height/length.try a local spring manufacturer they should be able to do it.i use one in adelaide regularly and the result is generally good.
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh ok thanks beerfart. How much am i lookin at to do this?
beerfart
Regular

August 2002
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reckon bout 50-60 bucks
beerfart
Regular

August 2002
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a pair
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Car Height Mon, 09 February 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car will raise once bigger rims r placed on it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car Height Tue, 10 February 2004 00:06 Go to previous message
It won't raise by much if you try to do the right thing and keep the same rolling diameter.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:coil overs legal?
Next Topic:Turbo'ing a Lexus IS200
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 16:37:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055909156799316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.