Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

icon8.gif  7mgte noises Sun, 08 February 2004 11:46 Go to next message
evening all,

okay, went out for a drive tonight and when i started the car up it like made this humming noise kinda, didn't think much of it so i reversed back and when i turned it got louder then when i straightened up, away it went again, as the car warmed up a bit like 15-20mins the noise almost goes away Rolling Eyes

is this the power steering pump on its way out or some other part on it that needs to be replaced?

noise number 2 Very Happy
at idle there is another noise, goes away and comes every so often, but tonight it was on pretty much all the time when at low revs, got a feeling its an idol/tension pulley bearing, are these usually a problem, on the ma70's?

the car has done 191000kms
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7mgte noises Sun, 08 February 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it a 'brrrrrrrrr' kind of noise that comes as you load up the steering? First thing, check the steering fluid level! If it's down, find out where it might be getting out Evil or Very Mad
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7mgte noises Sun, 08 February 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STOP!!!! check your crank pully bolt ASAP

Allan
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checked power steering fluids, was down to almost half, topped it up and that noise has gone now Shocked

anwyays, still got the other one Rolling Eyes
how do i tighten the crank bolt with out it turning? its an auto!
iv tried R and D and everything still turns when i try and tighten it...

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it the igniter? Mine seems to be making a buzzing sound also...and i think its coming from there.
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm nah dont think its that in my case.

its pretyy hard to pin point but getting under the car and listening it sounds like the crank as allan said. could it be the timing belt? would that make a few noises before its on its way out? Sad

allan, when are you free to have a listen? Razz
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
record it with a microphone or your phone...
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could record it on me fone but how can i get that on to the computer? and nothing sounds the same recorded as to real life
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the car have any history of the timing belt being replaced? Have you done any work to it recently? Unless someone's toyed with the car, i cant see how the balancer pulley bolt could be loose.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M engines have a habit of doing this, it's a known fact.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pull the inspection plate off and get someone under there with a big screwdriver to stop the drive plate turning

Allan
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: 7mgte noises Mon, 09 February 2004 20:34 Go to previous message
id say the timing belt woulda been done at around the 100000km mark, or when it got rebuilt in `01.
i have touched the car in that area, only the turbo side of things sp nothing down htere should be loose

have a known fact of doing what norbie? f**kn up? Smile or just make noises and start to fall apart around ya? Rolling Eyes

thanks allan, might give it a try tonightbut i dont think it will be loose, but time will tell....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:*URGENT* How essential are block to bellhousing braces?
Next Topic:XT130 Corona - diff info needed.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 10:18:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040829181671143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.