Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Brisbane All Celica Cruise!?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Sun, 28 July 2002 04:38 Go to next message
Since the guys/girls down south are having a cruise, I thought someone up here should organise an all celica cruise. Give me some ideas on where to go and what time/dates and i'll set something up.

All that's interested reply here plz.
Thanks,
Ben
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 29 July 2002 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben - ill be in this - any sundays good for me bar the second sunday pf each month - thats when we hold the CCCQ cruises ..

Pester bogstocka too ..

might be a good idea to post this in the QLD section as well Ben

Stu

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2002 06:09]

Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 29 July 2002 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't hold it for a few weeks. By then my new engine should be in and i can show yas all.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 29 July 2002 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U own the yellow celica?
How u gunna fit it? Didn't think engine bay would be long enough?
Who u getting to do it, and how much is it gunna cost?
I think i've seen u lapp'n a few times. That cars going to be a beast with more power!
That sure as hell will show those f'n crapadores and falcrapons!
GO FOR GOLD, AND DON'T ACCEPT ANYTHING ELSE!

Thanks
Ben
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 29 July 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep that is me. Engine fits just. Tim Domrrow is doing the conversion for me. I am spending about $6000 all up with mods and engine. Stop and chat if ya see me around.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 29 July 2002 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK cool, i got the silver RA28
as in avatar<<<---
CUL8R
ben
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 29 July 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that the one with the big ass wing on the back???
Hope the new engine i am getting turns my car into a weapon. Alot crap holdens and ford in town i would love to waste.
hehehehe.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 29 July 2002 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, thats the one.

I'm getting EFI installed soon and a GT28 turbo is on the way. Should all be done by september- hopefully!

How long is u're car going to be out of action? When u getting it done?

Ben
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Tue, 30 July 2002 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine is on the way and everything is paid for. Probably be off the road from thursday for a few weeks. Also winding the boost up to about 12lbs. 3" mandral bent exhaust. BOV. Front mount intercooler. Tacho and boost gauge.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Tue, 30 July 2002 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some ideas for the cruise - noosa - OReileys/tamborine, sunshine coast hinterland ??

cruises are always good with a few twisties thrown in

I only know a few scenic places since ive only just moved up and all.

needs to be somewhere with FOOD - unless someone wants to load up a BBQ or esky

Lastly out of TOTAL curiousity - would a 1GGTE for in a ta22 ??

I know ill eventually get bored with the drag 2TB - thiking of other * down the track* ideas

So far the obvious 3tgte swap, a supercharged + stroked 2tgeu or turbo 2tgeu , or a 1GGTE

weight wise i believe the 16's are pretty good - not as heavy as an 18rg and stuffs ?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Wed, 31 July 2002 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet, the more the merrier!
If anyone knows of anymore old celica's- 70's, it would be great! But any sillcar is allowed to join us. And maybe the odd rebel in their corolla or supra. As long as its toyota!

Keep it comm'n with the ideas.

Thanks
Ben
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Wed, 31 July 2002 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have we got a date set yet or even a rough idea?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Wed, 31 July 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well stuart, do have to go on a sunday? If so then we'll try and make it a sunday maybe the 25th?. If not we could go on the 24th of August??? Which is a saturday. It's really up to the availablity of peoples! So let me/us know here, when u can/can't go. Question

We could meet somewhere neutral(somewhere close to everyone) and cruise to a destination and have pics taken???/eat/have a talk etc..., then head back to Yatala BP???, to regather with others, then head off to Broadwater car park(if on a sat.) @ about 9:30 ish for the usual nights events. Wink Wink Wink

I know its been done before, but i'm just starting the ball rolling, so lets here more of what u peoples think... Idea

I'm in for whichever- saturday or sunday. Just as long its more than 3 weeks away- need to get new clutch and EFI installed. So lets communicate and tell us all what u rec'n. Very Happy

Thanks peoples
Ben

[Updated on: Wed, 31 July 2002 12:18]

King of Cool
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Thu, 01 August 2002 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be able to show up, bringing an RA65. How about up through Maleny, Kilcoy region?

KoC
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Thu, 01 August 2002 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, not much chance my RA23 will make it :/ still lacking an engine ... are 4AGZE corolla's invited?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Fri, 02 August 2002 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaaaayyybe .... but you l have to ask nicely hehehe

Hmms - we only recently had a run up there - not 2 weeks or so ago with a few of the other QLD forum members - was good - though IMHO - heading south would be good for a change ..

Ive recently had 4 rusn thru that way - compared to 1 south of the city Wink
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Fri, 02 August 2002 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a south run would be better. I would love to show off my car and the new engine so wait a few weeks before we go.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Fri, 02 August 2002 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey tis not to say a few of us still couldnt catchh up in the next week or two ( who are availabvle and mobile ) though we could plan a monster celica cruize for a set date of a month/month and a bit - so everytone ( sbyder and the GTE boys ) can come too
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Fri, 02 August 2002 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds good.
Anyone going to the BWCP 2night? If someone is, i'll go up wit da beast.

I would'nt mind doing a run up at sunshine coast, but i think it would be good if we went up there for a cruise then headed down south again to finish off.

Thanks
Ben

PS- How does the 7th of september sound? Would that be a good date to have a big silly car (and yes rollas can come if they must) cruise? If not say when u would like to have one, so we can all come.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Sat, 03 August 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BWCP ? wassat ?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Sat, 03 August 2002 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BWCP= BroadWater Car Park. A place where S@#t loads of cars gather.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Sat, 03 August 2002 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh thanks for the clarification Smile

id be in that just for a looksee - and if any turd comes asking for street races - ill grab my non installed Camshaft from the boot and club the bugger on the head

Maybe next weekend ill be up for a run down - ?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Wed, 07 August 2002 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any more opinions?

Thanks
Ben
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 12 August 2002 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt mind tagging along. the 25th is out for me a im gunna be skidpanning all day Smile ahhh such a booring old life Smile
and basicly the only day i get to come out and play is on a sunday Sad the rest of the week i work.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Mon, 12 August 2002 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wont be back from sunny victoria till september 3rd - so that weekend ( saturday ) after would be ok - Sundays a CCCQ cruise i think
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
From what i've gathered: Tue, 13 August 2002 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How does the 7th of september Saturday night sound? We could meet up after people have finished work and go to the BWCP??? Or would u rather have it on sunDAY???

I still would love to go to the BWCP on saturday night with a lot of celica's and show the V8 boys whos boss! Wink It would look/be awesome to have a fleet of celicas enter and fill the park!
We could always have a few poeple meet at the BWCP on sat night and fine tune the route for the following sunday, when we can all get together for a cruise up to the sunshine coast, or something.
Anyway, thats my opinion, whats everyone else's???

thanks
Ben
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: From what i've gathered: Tue, 13 August 2002 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt mind having a looksee at the BWCP

saturdays ok by e at thjis stage ..

btw sbyder - what happened to you on sunday just gone ?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Tue, 13 August 2002 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sorry about that. I couldn't get anyone to go with me, and i kinda slept in- due to a big night on sat. Will defintely be going the next time. Sorry again.

What saturday?- the 7th??? cool at least i have one responce thats positive. What about the sunday, did u want to go on a cruise sunday with others? -if anyone else wants to go??

Thanks
Ben
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brisbane All Celica Cruise!? Thu, 15 August 2002 13:00 Go to previous message
I havnt been to the BWCP before so i might come along on the 7th for a bit of a looksee
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Canbera Meet Report
Next Topic:Is there a celica meet/show and shine, soon in Brissy?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 12:14:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006666898727417 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.