Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Tue, 10 February 2004 12:53 Go to next message
Hi all,
Has anyone got an E-Boost controller? Are they any good?

I like how its all contained in a small gauge. I'm not really interested in to many fancy readouts etc as my Microtech system does what I need.
the main thing I need is boost without the peaks. So for $600 I need to know that its gonna control my boost levels steady.

Cheers,
Simon
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Tue, 10 February 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally haven't heard one good report about them..

Blitz DSBC seem the way to go. Can be found second hand for under $500.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2004 05:53

I personally haven't heard one good report about them.

Really? I've heard the e-Boost is really good, but it's just that it's really expensive.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's only what i've heard.. I haven't had any first hand experience so maybe should ignore my previous comment Smile

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of issues are you having with boost control anyway?
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I like the idea of having different boost levels for different gears. I don't think you can do that with the Blitz unit, can you? I know they both use the same 1-100 scaling for boost level.
kohoy
Regular

January 2004

Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my m8 used one and he said it doesn't worth the money.. it's not that stable... personally I'd only suggest AVCR out of all kind of electronic boost controller... I've been using one for a while and it does its job brilliantly... you can set different boost level in different gear

but just make sure you don't go for a machanical one as I've heard a lot of cases that engine with those machanical ones blown... you'll have to be very careful if using one...

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2004 04:33]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kohoy wrote on Wed, 11 February 2004 15:32

my m8 used one and he said it doesn't worth the money.. it's not that stable... personally I'd only suggest AVCR out of all kind of electronic boost controller... I've been using one for a while and it does its job brilliantly... you can set different boost level in different gear

but just make sure you don't go for a machanical one as I've heard a lot of cases that engine with those machanical ones blown... you'll have to be very careful if using one...

that is a pretty broad generalisation isn't it?

you could blow up an engine running too much boost using an electronic controller too you know?

The mechanical 'bleed' type controllers have a tendency to spike. However, Celicamad's boost controller is supposed to have overcome this. You should have a chat to him as he has done some testing of his controller Vs electronic ones.
kohoy
Regular

January 2004

Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know an electronic one can also blow an engine if you set it incorrectly... but it's possible for a machanical one to over boost without user interuption.... it's just not as easy for the electronical one.. and even for an electronical one.. I'd only suggest AVCR as that's the only one that support multi level boosting that I've never heard of any complain of... the engine usually cost a lot... I'd pay a bit more on this kind of mod to save money from repairing the engine
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Anyone got a Turbosmart E-Boost controller?? Wed, 11 February 2004 11:49 Go to previous message
At the moment I have a turbosmart bleed valve. The problem is that it doesn't get rid of boost spikes and every now and then I get detonation.
Hence my need for an electronic unit. At the moment my boost is set at 14psi but can go up to around 18psi at times. Only really been an issue since I upgraded to the BB Garrett GT25.

Simon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Alternator "override"
Next Topic:help for people with ma61 o/h issues
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:34:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068449974060059 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.