Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 05 February 2004 01:41 Go to next message
Jap import (dur Razz ) shell for sale. Has been stripped out and only comes with the bare shell, sunroof in visually good condition, build plate, and front and rear bumpers still attached to the car. Has had a rear end shunt, which has also buckled the LH quarter panel, but both areas are easily repairable for a competent panel person! $250

Please be aware the following pics show parts not included in the sale - if you want anything extra shown in the pic, I'm happy to negotiate a price, however the shell on offer only comes with those parts listed above at the moment.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3117

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3118

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3119

Attachment: DSC00310.JPG
(Size: 42.18KB, Downloaded 801 time(s))
Attachment: DSC00311.JPG
(Size: 43.40KB, Downloaded 789 time(s))
Attachment: DSC00312.JPG
(Size: 41.83KB, Downloaded 777 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2004 01:20]

Send a private message to this user    
13_954
Regular

July 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 05 February 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics to jopie@e-access.com.au if possible, thankyou
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 05 February 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would you happen to have a set of good seats for that car??> I am tidying up a GTV levin and these seats are different to sprinter. thanks
StyleSkillSpeed
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 05 February 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics to jhunychoi@hanmail.net please!! very interested.

cheers!!
marc00013390
Regular

November 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 05 February 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics to cosciak@bigpond.net.au
cheers
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Fri, 06 February 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seats are not available sorry, Terry. Pics also now added for the daydreamers and serious contenders alike!
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Fri, 06 February 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you willing to sell the doors off this one? if so, how much do you want for them?

i dont mind paying for the shipping, you wont find no spoonta wannabe here, mate!!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Fri, 06 February 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually bought this car for the doors Steve, so am not keen to part with them. I can help you out with Aus Spec doors (complete with intrusion bar) in good condition, however I have a feeling you want the doors for the same reason I do - the lack of bars and reduced weight? I may have another set of jap spec doors available, but will have to confirm first. The doors that may become available do require rust repairs to the lower inner skins.

Clint
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Fri, 06 February 2004 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nab dang it!!!

my reasoning exactly...

let me know how you go with the other ones... race cars dont need to be pretty...
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Fri, 06 February 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would this mean t hat the rear end has lsd? or easy to install if u find lsd
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Sat, 07 February 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not necesserily..

judging from the prictures, it looks like its got a drum brake S series rear end in there.

This makes it no harder or easier than an aus spec to get an LSD put in. (i.e. get yourself a T series disc brake rear end).

If the car did have a T series disc brake rear end, it will be an absolute bargain. Thats not even pondering the thought of an LSD!

Though for a shell, it's still a good price. I would definitely consider buying it if you were here in melbourne.
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Sat, 07 February 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that shcao... i gotta learn some how Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Sat, 07 February 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Sat, 07 February 2004 11:18

not necesserily..

judging from the prictures, it looks like its got a drum brake S series rear end in there.

This makes it no harder or easier than an aus spec to get an LSD put in. (i.e. get yourself a T series disc brake rear end).

If the car did have a T series disc brake rear end, it will be an absolute bargain. Thats not even pondering the thought of an LSD!

Though for a shell, it's still a good price. I would definitely consider buying it if you were here in melbourne.

you need to look again, for not only is that a T series disc brake diff under the car, it's also listed on the build plate, and no, it's not included with the shell at that price!

[Updated on: Sat, 07 February 2004 06:29]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Sun, 08 February 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bad, the rotors loooked a little dark Smile

I thought you may have taken out the T series, and put a standard S series on the JDM chassis to roll it around.

Though the car is genuinely GT apex , so without a doubt, it would've cvame with the 1.5 way LSD.

BTW. Was this car a Levin, or a trueno..
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Sun, 08 February 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, considering Toyota have only ever made 1 way LSD centres, this doesn't come with a 1.5 way, as it's also spec'd as an open centre diff - look at the build plate. It's still a GT APEX though - again check out the build plate and the chassis model.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 11 February 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumpity bump, and just to really whet your appetite, this car came factory fitted with front lip and rear boot spoilers, digital dash, T series disc brake diff and vented front brakes, 4AGE, ..., so would make a great basis for a project for anyone contemplating it?!
Panda Tofu ^_^
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 11 February 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much you want for the T series rear axel and how much would shipping be to adelaide?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 11 February 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://garth.digitalfunk.net/ae86/clint.gif
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 11 February 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit: removed pic for webspace. nothin interesting.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 April 2004 16:22]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 11 February 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panda Tofu ^_^ , you're about ten poeple too late, went like a hot cake (even after the first guy who wanted it stuffed me around - bloody drift wannabee wankers).

Garth, yes I'll consider selling the plate lights, if I can offload the shell first.

Steve, yep they're electric, however left hand unit is incomplete and damaged unfortunately.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 12 February 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clint: sweet. thanks. let me know.

steve: haha geffucked crunt
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 18 February 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpity bump again! Don't really want to send it to the crusher, but thats where it'll go if it doesn't sell to some loving soul?!?
mrchox
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 19 February 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for the shell with,
1)doors and windows
2)windsreen
3)and left over bumber parts

cheers

gtvolv
Regular

November 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 19 February 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Bit OT, but if you wanted lighter doors, why don't you just cut (unbolt?) the side intrusion bars out of your aus spec doors?

Or is there other differences?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 19 February 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 12 February 2004 11:48

steve: haha geffucked crunt

hahahahaha....funny bugger, ain't you Laughing Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 19 February 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrchox , not willing to sell these doors - they're too good. Will install another set of intrusion barless doors, and sell the body with the parts you requested for $750.

gtvolv, removing the bars isn't that easy, they are generally pressed and spot welded in, making their removal more expensive than simply buying barless doors in the first place. Barless doors on their own sell for around $300+ each
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 26 February 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rust?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 26 February 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sold, to a fortunate gentleman in Melbourne!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 26 February 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay!
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Thu, 26 February 2004 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the deal falls through or he can't ship it, I'm interested if its not rusty.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 03 March 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I'll let you know if the deal falls through, however I think you're kidding yourself if you think you can get a rust free shell for any Sprinter model for $250? This shell has rust around the rear wheel arches as does every other shell I've ever seen thats been cheap.
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Wed, 03 March 2004 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmmmmmm, I think you misunderstand me. I don't mean "is it rust-free" I mean "can I stick my hand through it anywhere? no? good." Managable rust is fine.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Sun, 07 March 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wraith wrote on Fri, 27 February 2004 02:40

If the deal falls through or he can't ship it, I'm interested if its not rusty.

Man that must be some powerful voodoo shit you wield, cos the deal has fallen through!!!

Rust is very minimal on this shell, a patch on the leading edge of the RH wheel arch, and around the left hand wheel arch (exacerbated by the rear shunt), however generally speaking, it's very good and would require minimal rust work to be cancer free.
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Mon, 08 March 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phear my 133+ witchdoctor skillz. Damnit, I was in Perth this weekend too, Icould have come and have a look. Give me some payment details, you'll have $250 before the week is out. I'll be heading back up sometime in the next month and I'll try to organize some shipping back to Albany then. And now I have to go break the bad news to GTStar. Bugger. But still good. Sort of.
sprinter boy
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Mon, 26 April 2004 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the car a levin or a trueno

if its a trueno would u have the pop up lights, bonnet, side gards or bumper.

i know i might be a bit late but just trying my luck.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE86 GT Apex Shell For Sale Mon, 26 April 2004 16:01 Go to previous message
This one was a Levin and is long gone, you need to look here:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=29253&rid=1781&S=3d5a9a13612c141b3957fa4 e8c060d61&pl_view=&start=0#msg_255281msg_2 55281

Clint
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MORE AE86 PARTS FS
Next Topic:FS : 4AGZE Injectors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:30:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073738098144531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.